The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Info Hunters Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisB

Batman News
Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Today was a big news day, here are some links to help you catch up:

Christopher Nolan talks The Dark Knight Rises, wants to finish Bruce Wayne's story [video interview]
http://batman-news.com/2011/01/31/the-dark-knight-rises-is-bruce-waynes-story/

Wally Pfister talks about Anne Hathaway's screentest, The Dark Knight Rises in New York, and more [audio interview]
http://batman-news.com/2011/01/31/w...he-dark-knight-rises-shooting-locations-more/

Did they ever film in NYC for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight? I have a feeling they didn't, and Gotham was entirely Chicago. That's very interesting.

Is it true Robin Williams in TDKR as Hugo Strange? I want Williams as nybody on the film and I don't see how Strange since we have twi biggest villains.

Did they ever film in NYC for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight? I have a feeling they didn't, and Gotham was entirely Chicago. That's very interesting.
Nope, this would be the first time. Seems like they're doing a lot of location shooting on this one. The strange thing is, everytime a location is mentioned, Chicago isn't brought up.

Is it true Robin Williams in TDKR as Hugo Strange? I want Williams as nybody on the film and I don't see how Strange since we have twi biggest villains.
That's just a rumor that Jett from BOF started. Jett himself said that he was just "thinking out loud after a chat with an industry friend".

I also love his comment that Bale is going to play Bruce Wayne in a dress. :awesome:

Yeah that was funny as was him asking his son to keep it down:woot:

Biggest and best notion over the last day; is Nolan's emphasis on finishing "Bruce Wayne's" story. It isn't just Batman in these movies, I love that.

"Finish Bruce Wayne's story"...

OMG.

He's gonna kill Bruce Wayne!!!11

"Finish Bruce Wayne's story"...

OMG.

He's gonna kill Bruce Wayne!!!11

Finish is synonymous with end, and these films have been about Bruce's life story. Swap the words and...

"End Bruce Wayne's life..."

ZOMG ur rite!!! :wow:

malnat11 wrote:
The reason why tthey havent released Robin Williams as Hugo Strange is because they didnt want to over shadow the press release of Anne Hathaway is Catwoman and Tom Hardy is Bane, they wanted to save something for later. Kind of like how Ledger was cast first as the Joker in Summer of 06 then Aaron Eckhart was offically cast as Two Face on Feb 16, 2007 ( I just googled it!!) I have a Strange (pun intended) feeling well be hearing this late Feb or March.]

^^^^
Exactly. Nolan is not going to reveal everything just yet when it comes to the cast. They are going to spread the news out before principal starts.

It would not surprise me one bit to hear the official announcement of Robin Williams is Dr Hugo Strange come March. Or another actor wind up being cast as Strange at least.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Last edited:
Biggest and best notion over the last day; is Nolan's emphasis on finishing "Bruce Wayne's" story. It isn't just Batman in these movies, I love that.

:up:

Can't wait! I'm loving all the news released today!

Bane is going to literally rip Batman in half so that blood and guts go everywhere. Batman's last words will be, "Augh, I'm dead!"

And then Batman's angel will rise from his corpse with little bat wings on his back. He'll be happily strumming a bat-harp as he flies to heaven, and then his parents will join him and they'll also have bat wings. Two-Face and Rachel will be there too, except only half of Two-Face is there because the other half is in hell! So he'll only have one bat wing and he'll be flying kind of lopsidedly. Anyway, after this happy reunion, it will cut to

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

THE END.

It will be the best movie ever.

Well I can't wait to be back home so I can listen to this interview. Gives me goosebumps just reading about it.

Bane is going to literally rip Batman in half so that blood and guts go everywhere. Batman's last words will be, "Augh, I'm dead!"

And then Batman's angel will rise from his corpse with little bat wings on his back. He'll be happily strumming a bat-harp as he flies to heaven, and then his parents will join him and they'll also have bat wings. Two-Face and Rachel will be there too, except only half of Two-Face is there because the other half is in hell! So he'll only have one bat wing and he'll be flying kind of lopsidedly. Anyway, after this happy reunion, it will cut to

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

THE END.

:lmao: Good stuff!

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

THE END.

Make this.

malnat11 wrote:
The reason why tthey havent released Robin Williams as Hugo Strange is because they didnt want to over shadow the press release of Anne Hathaway is Catwoman and Tom Hardy is Bane, they wanted to save something for later. Kind of like how Ledger was cast first as the Joker in Summer of 06 then Aaron Eckhart was offically cast as Two Face on Feb 16, 2007 ( I just googled it!!) I have a Strange (pun intended) feeling well be hearing this late Feb or March.]

^^^^
Exactly. Nolan is not going to reveal everything just yet when it comes to the cast. They are going to spread the news out before principal starts.

It would not surprise me one bit to hear the official announcement of Robin Williams is Dr Hugo Strange come March. Or another actor wind up being cast as Strange at least.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.
I thought Jett confirmed he was BSing?

Wally saying the script surpasses TDK's gets me excited. I know some of you will probably say "well, what else is he gonna say?" in repsonse to that, and I'd agree with that if he just said "the script is fantastic, it'll blow people away" or something along those lines. Heaping praise on the script for being really, really good is one thing, but no one told him to go say it was better than TDK's. It just strikes me as more genuine than if it was simply "the script is awesome."

Wally saying the script surpasses TDK's gets me excited. I know some of you will probably say "well, what else is he gonna say?" in repsonse to that, and I'd agree with that if he just said "the script is fantastic, it'll blow people away" or something along those lines. Heaping praise on the script for being really, really good is one thing, but no one told him to go say it was better than TDK's. It just strikes me as more genuine than if it was simply "the script is awesome."

Combine that with what Eckhart said about the story blowing us away, I am getting even more excited about this movie, if thats even possible. I gotta admit I was a little worried when I kept reading that Nolan was tweaking the script. It made me think he couldn't quite nail the story down. But listening to Wally, it just sounds like the only issue is the length of the story. 2012 cant come soon enough.

Well he sorta has to say it surpasses TDK given the phenomenal success it had. Anything less and it implies it won't be as good as TDK.

Personally, I take all this stuff with a grain of salt. Everyone attached to this project is biased from the core creative team, to the production group, to the WB execs, to the merchandisers, etc. So of course they're going to say that it will live up to if not exceed TDK.

I just rely on the fact that Nolan has a good track record. I'm not looking for a better than TDK film. I'm just looking for a quality film, good action, tight script, and an engaging story. Nolan has delivered this with each Batman film.

This shows me that I think the problem with a lot of the third installments of series of late especially in the comic realm is that they rely too much on the villains, and just trying to put in the best rouges and shove a lot of them into one film. Why I feel safe with Nolan is he does not really care of the villians in terms of will they outdo the Joker? He cares more about making a story that is incredible first everything else second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"