The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Info Hunters Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says he is a great actor and all but he says pretty clearly that he wasn't a big fan of williams joking around on set. Don't know, it seems slightly unprofessional of him.

I read that as Nolan saying he didn't 'get' Williams' sense of humour but everyone else did, so the insult was directed at himself, not Williams.

robin.jpg

Very cool Tim Drake pic you used! :up:

That remains my favourite Robin outfit. It needs to come back.

Agreed.

He said that Williams was always making people comfortable and made the cast and crew laugh, and when he realized that Nolan wasn't receptive to his jokes he didn't pull a haha on Nolan. What's so dismissive about that? In fact, he goes around to say how brilliant an actor Williams is, the same for Pacino and Ledger. Though he doesn't compare them. Anyway, he was being really polite, we're being too harsh on the guy. I think the "Why So Serious" is a personal anecdote for himself though. He does have a reputation to be all-business. That's what I love about that interview, it challenged that and made him smile at times.

Oh, and whatever Christian Bale says outside his on-screen performances automatically becomes a meme. I'm telling you the man has an other-worldly talent!

He says he is a great actor and all but he says pretty clearly that he wasn't a big fan of williams joking around on set. Don't know, it seems slightly unprofessional of him.
That's reading really far into it. At most, Nolan just said he couldn't relate to how Williams was onset. Hardly an insult.
I read that as Nolan saying he didn't 'get' Williams' sense of humour but everyone else did, so the insult was directed at himself, not Williams.
He said that Williams was always making people comfortable and made the cast and crew laugh, and when he realized that Nolan wasn't receptive to his jokes he didn't pull a haha on Nolan. What's so dismissive about that? In fact, he goes around to say how brilliant an actor Williams is, the same for Pacino and Ledger. Though he doesn't compare them. Anyway, he was being really polite, we're being too harsh on the guy. I think the "Why So Serious" is a personal anecdote for himself though. He does have a reputation to be all-business. That's what I love about that interview, it challenged that and made him smile at times.
Agreed entirely.:up:

The rumors are ten times worse than they were for TDK, I love it.

I love seeing people getting "worried" because of the Robin rumours. He's not going to be in the film, but if he was, it would be awesome.

That's reading really far into it. At most, Nolan just said he couldn't relate to how Williams was onset. Hardly an insult.

Agreed entirely.:up:

Must be just me then lol. I don't think I'm reading into it too much. Its merely what I interpreted from the words on the screen. If I had heard them spoken by him it would be a different story.

You can't get a more extroverted person than Robin Williams and Chris Nolan is definitely an introvert. Its not a good mix, so not surprising that Nolan wasn't fond of William's playful, joking nature.

I don't think that's unprofessional of him. Unprofessional would be if Nolan said he didn't like William's antics on set and he's a crap actor to boot.

Nolan would just unslip the leash and allow Bale to savage him.

The idea of Bale as an attack dog is just... perfect.

"Bale! End him, professionally!"

I think the twist is that Secret is Richard Pryor. :wow:

http://inception.davepedu.com/

Sorry, just had to do it. :woot:

Also, LOL at Lone Wolf's first post on this page.

regwec said:

Saint said:
The idea of Bale as an attack dog is just... perfect.

"Bale! End him, professionally!"

:pal: :applaud :bow:

And just to remain on-topic...I must say that I can't see Robin in TDKR. Although this might be because I hate almost everything about the character, both Bale and Nolan have said before that Robin's not gonna make an appearance in these films. Plus, they detail Batman's early years, so there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"