The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Info Hunters Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LR has a reputation for being right. It's AICN (where this report originates) that tends to have shaky credibility.

I don't go to Superman 3 as my first choice for a slapstick fix, I just don't mind the slapstick in it.

True, but that movie has a lot of other 'wrongs' than slapstick. Superman films, in general, can work with a little comedy of that sort, such as 'bumbling Clark Kent' scenes. But anyway, back to Nolan's Gotham City.

Can anyone give me the highlight about what news we may have gotten in the past 11 pages? (aka from last night to now)

I doubt the Robin rumors are true but if Nolan does include a Robinesk character a idea I had was to have him be a young policeman and help Batman or learn about the Dent coverup and get his way into Batman and Gordon's inner circle. Bruce trains him a little and helps him with a suit, maybe he's not Robin or his name will be Dick Grayson, but I'm sure Nolan will reinvent the character.

All this being in a small thread of the whole story bc I think we're in store for another 2 1/2 hour Batman film. So far "epic" has been used by those who've seen the script so I take their word for it. The script was also said to have to get trimmed bc it is so epic and long.

I say we still have 2 or 3 more bigger name roles to be cast so lets go Black Mask and Hugo Strange.. Maybe Chris takes a page out of Raimi's book (I HOPE NOT) but it is a funny coincidence that Anne Hathaway was going to play a villainess in SM4 and the Strange looking Malkovich was playing the Vulture...Malkovich would be a good Hugo Strange but he might not even be included and the choice is a little too obvious for Nolan..never know though.

Why so angry about it?

Haha, I'm not angry. At least, only as angry as one can get on the internet. It's just incredibly pathetic, really, and incredibly disrespectful to everyone mentioned.

EDIT: NOW I'm angry (Not really, but... rhetoric guys, rhetoric). I've just read it on Batman-on-film.com, reported as if it's both real and 'cool'. Not even the slightest question of its authenticity. Jett is such a MORON

Last edited:
Since when did Robin have his own hideout? This is complete B.S. and everyone's got wrapped up in it! Myself included.

LR has a reputation for being right. It's AICN (where this report originates) that tends to have shaky credibility.

LR claimed for months to have the Dark Knight script and guess what? They didn't. Honestly I think they got incredibly lucky with the Heath scoop, and in the end all that won them was a lifetime supply of :cmad: from Nolan's camp. Seriously, they were not pleased about it.

robino.jpg

Very cool Tim Drake pic you used! :up:

That remains my favourite Robin outfit. It needs to come back.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeah something feels off to me. The way he name drops loads and how he's quite dismissive of robin williams. Nolan seems way to polite to do that.
I didn't read it as him being dismissive to Williams at all.
Haha, I'm not angry. At least, only as angry as one can get on the internet. It's just incredibly pathetic, really, and incredibly disrespectful to everyone mentioned.
Guess the 3 angry faces threw me off. :huh:
It's real. You can even watch this video of Nolan where he talks about Batman:
http://batman-news.com/2011/01/31/the-dark-knight-rises-is-bruce-waynes-story/
Thank you.

LR claimed for months to have the Dark Knight script and guess what? They didn't. Honestly I think they got incredibly lucky with the Heath scoop, and in the end all that won them was a lifetime supply of :cmad: from Nolan's camp. Seriously, they were not pleased about it.

Exactly, and they were going the same route with GL as well. Besides, have you read any of their articles? No professional, self-respecting person writes like that. I'm going to stick to SHH for news. At least it has the courtesy to distinguish between 'fact', 'opinion' and 'rumor'.

Exactly, and they were going the same route with GL as well. Besides, have you read any of their articles? No professional, self-respecting person writes like that. I'm going to stick to SHH for news. At least it has the courtesy to distinguish between 'fact', 'opinion' and 'rumor'.

I also remember them posting some sort of BS recently about X-Men First Class. Like I said, I think they had a source at some point who fed them legit casting info, and they've been riding on the coat-tails of that ever since.

To say that they are unprofessional, awful writers is a polite understatement.

Please no Robin for this Batman, they can screw up after TDKR. :o

I didn't read it as him being dismissive to Williams at all.

He says he is a great actor and all but he says pretty clearly that he wasn't a big fan of williams joking around on set. Don't know, it seems slightly unprofessional of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"