The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Info Hunters Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just you and Richard Pryor.

According to IGN, it's Catwoman's
emergence that brings Batman back into action. Their sources claim that Catwoman is a vigilante who steps in to replace Batman.

Hmm... interesting, I thought it'd be Bane. TDK didn't exactly end with Batman 'retiring' or anything, it ended on a note that he'll be doing this for years to come, because 'saving' the city is not the same as 'protecting' it. And with the freaks pouring on, it becomes the Dark Knight's responsibility to do that. If Catwoman comes in long after Bane breaks him, it'd stifle the pace wouldn't it? I'm still going to take this with a grain of sand. Sadly.

What if she rips off mob dealers, stealing money from the Falcone family, until Alberto decides to place a bounty on her head, just like The Roman did in TLH. Now, she's hunted by both the mob and the cops, like Batman, which forces him to step in. What do you think?

Excellent, very true to the source, and how I'm imagining the plot to go along. But... does Batman really need to "step back in"? I'm questioning that bit - he's active damn it! Catwoman's actions would be something that he's already working on. Anyway, I'm good with this too.

They were prob told if anyone asks what were scouting for, tell them its a hideout for Robin. We often see scouting and preproduction work given false names.

If its a hideout, its prob for Bane or Catwoman.

Agreed. It could also be the new Bat-Cave.

Just you and Richard Pryor.
Oh, yeah, I loved him in that too. I don't get the complaints with him, like the scene where he skis off the skyscraper. It's slapstick; it's not meant to be taken seriously. Sadly, slapstick doesn't seem to be something many people have a stomach for anymore. I like Superman 3 for it's pulpy, cheesy factor, but Superman 2 just makes me roll my eyes with how horrid it is. It's not nearly as bad as Superman 4, but it's nothing memorable. Almost every scene makes me laugh unintentionally, like a movie Mystery Science Theater 3000 would have watched. I wish those guys would do a Rifftrax of it. The only part I like a lot is the subplot between Lois Lane and Superman, about how he loves her enough to give in to mortality.

Read the full interview.

It's a transcript from a Q&A that was held recently when Nolan received the Modern Master award. The interview is real.

Ah ok, thanks. So it originated here. Seeing it just on CBM didn't fill me entirely with confidence.

I think the twist is that Secret is Richard Pryor. :wow:
9jvRy.jpg

Can someone tell me why the heck Batman would stop being active after TDK?

To lay low until the cops ease up.

Or maybe Bane breaks his back. Etc.

No, forget Bane, I mean right after TDK ends and before TDKR begins. Lay low? In TDK, the screenwriters went out of their way to say how Batman has no limits and how he would endure all the pressure. It was building up to his final decision to take the blame for Dent's murders. And all of that just to retire? No, it directly contradicts what they're trying to do with the character.

No, forget Bane, I mean right after TDK ends and before TDKR begins. Lay low? In TDK, the screenwriters went out of their way to say how Batman has no limits and how he would endure all the pressure. It was building up to his final decision to take the blame for Dent's murders. And all of that just to retire? No, it directly contradicts what they're trying to do with the character.

Lay low for a little while so as not to be apprehended =/= Retire.

Also, people have been suggesting that the movie starts with Bane having broken his back. I don't think it's a good idea, frankly, but you asked.

Last edited:

I think the writers will use the build-up as an opportunity for Bane to show Batman that, yeah, he has limits.

I think the writers will use the build-up as an opportunity for Bane to show Batman that, yeah, he has limits.

Maybe, but in the context of TDKR itself. Not that Batman has been inactive up to that point.

I don't think Batman will be that reclusive either.

Lay low for a little while so as not to be apprehended =/= Retire.

Yeah, but that IGN report implies that he has stopped being Batman, since it says that CW brings him back to action.

Also, people have been suggesting that the movie starts with Bane having broken his back. I don't think it's a good idea, frankly, but you asked.

Well then, I am strictly talking about the period before Bane breaks his back (if it even happens).

And if I remember right, she did hate Bane later on.

Can you be more specific as to when and how? It's my understanding that Bane is pretty much out of the picture after the end of KnightFall (when Jean-Paul defeats him). And before that, he only interacts with Catwoman that one time that I mentioned.

And, as it's been said already, she took it up to Azrael as well.

If you're talking about KnightQuest, then yeah, I could be wrong. They were never collected in trade, so I've only read (most of) the single issues once, a long time back. I've actually thought about binding a copy myself, but we'll see..

Nolan mentioned Tim Burton's Batman movies in previous interviews. It's not odd at all.

That's different. Tim Burton successfully directed several Batman films that were released and could inform Nolan's films in some way. But Aronofsky's production was canned (for one reason or another), so it's not quite so classy to talk about him specifically (at least, from Nolan's point of view) - it connects Aronofsky to failure and really has no bearing on Nolan, who presumably didn't see any of Aronofsky's materials and who is talkinb about releasing films to a public that is unfamiliar with Aronofsky's Batman production (as opposed to Burton's).

The transcript of the interview seemed a bit off, but I think that was dependent on how you read it. You lose a lot of the nuances of a spontaneous Q&A when you transcribe it to make it look like a personal interview like that. I think read the right way, it looks perfectly normal.

Oh, yeah, I loved him in that too. I don't get the complaints with him, like the scene where he skis off the skyscraper. It's slapstick; it's not meant to be taken seriously. Sadly, slapstick doesn't seem to be something many people have a stomach for anymore. I like Superman 3 for it's pulpy, cheesy factor, but Superman 2 just makes me roll my eyes with how horrid it is. It's not nearly as bad as Superman 4, but it's nothing memorable. Almost every scene makes me laugh unintentionally, like a movie Mystery Science Theater 3000 would have watched. I wish those guys would do a Rifftrax of it. The only part I like a lot is the subplot between Lois Lane and Superman, about how he loves her enough to give in to mortality.

To be fair, there are a lot better slapstick comedy out there than what can be found in Superman III. Seriously, some of Adam West's Batman had better slapstick moments, with a flavor of camp thrown in. I hate it when directors equate 'children entertainment' to slapstick almost automatically. It's not always like that you know.

Ah was jokin Travesty, jokin.

RUMOR: The TDKR crew is searching for Robin's lair!

Does Robin even have his own lair? I lost count after the third.

some people think:

OMG-I-HATE-MY-LIFE-WHY-DOES-EVERYONE-HATE-ME.jpg

Ahaha... that summarises the point so well that you're even going to get the same response out of the audience!

I agree, it feels off.

To be fair, there are a lot better slapstick comedy out there than what can be found in Superman III. Seriously, some of Adam West's Batman had better slapstick moments, with a flavor of camp thrown in. I hate it when directors equate 'children entertainment' to slapstick almost automatically. It's not always like that you know.
I don't go to Superman 3 as my first choice for a slapstick fix, I just don't mind the slapstick in it.

Blahhhhh I didn't really want to report on this Robin report, but big outlets like Latino Review are picking up on it too. Which means all you have to do is search for "The Dark Knight Rises" on Google and the first news headline you'll see is "TDKR to include Robin?". I feel like I should post it to Batman-News.com just so people don't get their hopes up. Nolan and Bale have both been public about their dislike of the character, with Bale going as far as saying "it's the most humiliating role in Batman".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"