• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PG Rating: DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highguard...

If regarding the question, not really, since it does show the progression from PG to PG-13.

If in regarding saying the word in a PG film, I agree. :up: As I said, it really surprised me when I heard it.

To be honest Tempest its late and I am a little cranky, a debate on the merits of FF2 being PG or PG13 would normally not move me one way or the other. It is just that I don't know how people can be arguing over that given what we have seen in the trailers. This movie has a ton of action. Even the comedic touches are action oriented for the most part or appear much more tasteful. What has been bothering me is that these elements may not be counterbalanced properly by the thrilling and precipitous action scenes I was expecting that would set the epic tone of the movie.

This is a very difficult thing to do in a movie where you have at most three hours to get the audience to invest in the welfare of the characters.

You have to fall in love with a character to care about their death.

Who really cared that venom died in S3, who was that slimy guy anyway.

So faced with what I know is a monumental challenge for Tim Story the ratings difference between a PG 13 and PG seems miniscule.

Of course I am biased, I don't think that movies geared towards the family need have that stuff. It is a different setting.

I enjoyed the Matrix movies, the Blade Trilogy (Blade Trinity excepted) and I thought 300 was a stunner.

Now Fantastic Four is not that kind of movie.

No one will notice the difference between PG 13 and PG.

We will other things though if they are not well done.

That is what I meant by the Madness comment. It was not directed at any one post, certainly not the post above it.

I was just getting past certain things, and right now I guess any type of negativity is making me nervous.

For the record I expect what we get to be amazing, my only question is will it be enough to satisfy me. At this point I think the BO will be ok, and I just want to enjoy this movie now and I think I will.

I am just perturbed that I will not get as much as I might want.

[Edit] It has finally happened, I am beginning to demand that the studios should care about what we the few hardcore fanboys really. want. I have lost my objectivity. I just want this movie to be the best it can be for us fans as well.

That makes sense... and is the most logical post here. You wrote that tired? Wow, impressed... when I'm tired (when it's late) I write like I forgot how to spell every single word in the english vocabulary.

The clips we've seen recently and TV Spot 8 (Ben getting hit and crushing Reed behind him) shows alot more action and quality than the first film.

I loved the first film and as more videos are coming out- I've actually been getting more and more hyped for the film. I was a little skeptical at first, but after watching the 'On Fire' vid. I'm sold, this film is going to be great- but, as you said can it mix 'end of the world' type threat with that comedy? I think it might be able to, though...

Galactus destroys the Earth. :)

That is at the precise time that Mr. Fantastic sends the whole team (Avengers, Fantastic Four, and all of the other heroes AND villains (including some they have run into from the DC universe)) back through time so they can team up, form the greatest team history has ever witnessed, and take on the force of the omnipotent Galactus once and for all! :oldrazz: :woot:

If that happened, that would actually be the greatest comic book run of all time.

Mega-team get ready for battle and roll out! :up:

That makes sense... and is the most logical post here. You wrote that tired? Wow, impressed... when I'm tired (when it's late) I write like I forgot how to spell every single word in the english vocabulary.

The clips we've seen recently and TV Spot 8 (Ben getting hit and crushing Reed behind him) shows alot more action and quality than the first film.

I loved the first film and as more videos are coming out- I've actually been getting more and more hyped for the film. I was a little skeptical at first, but after watching the 'On Fire' vid. I'm sold, this film is going to be great- but, as you said can it mix 'end of the world' type threat with that comedy? I think it might be able to, though...

Hey I am going to hope for the best. As Tim Story would say wadugonnado. I know that they have worked hard and right now it is almost as if we are all in travail waiting for this thing to be delivered.

So I should relax and let this thing come, only about a week and a half now.

Wow, this just keeps looking more and more like a kids movie. :o
funny thing is that it was not filmed like a kids movie :cwink:

its just amazing what can editing do to a movie. you can turn it from a horror movie to a kids movie if you want. :woot:

some people dont have a problem with this. i have. becuase it says to me that tehy cut a lot of footage out.

Thor: Why has thou done this villain?

Loki: The darkness has consumed me.

Thor: Is it too late for you my brother.

Loki: Yesssssss, the Darkness in me has advanced and will not come again.

Thor: What meanest thou?

Loki: From this moment on my name shall be called Advanced Dark!!

Thor: A moment is all that ye shall have, join the other dark denizens of the realm of hela as mighty mjolnir crushes thy dark and perverted soul. :cwink:

Advanced Dark: Mercy my brother mercy.

Thor: Please, thy pleadings are most unseemly, now goodbye dark villain....

Crackathoom!

B
ragadoom!

krakk!

Krunk!

:woot:

its just amazing what can editing do to a movie. you can turn it from a horror movie to a kids movie if you want. :woot:

some people dont have a problem with this. i have. becuase it says to me that tehy cut a lot of footage out.

Yeah, that would be my main concern. It reeks of FOX editing, and FOX forcing edits has proven to be signs of terrible movies. Seriously. It's been scientifically calculated.

Thor: Why has thou done this villain?

Loki: The darkness has consumed me.

Thor: Is it too late for you my brother.

Loki: Yesssssss, the Darkness in me has advanced and will not come again.

Thor: What meanest thou?

Loki: From this moment on my name shall be called Advanced Dark!!

Thor: A moment is all that ye shall have, join the other dark denizens of the realm of hela as mighty mjolnir crushes thy dark and perverted soul. :cwink:

Advanced Dark: Mercy my brother mercy.

Thor: Please, thy pleadings are most unseemly, now goodbye dark villain....

Crackathoom!

Bragadoom!

krakk!

Krunk!

*watches, tapes, and sends on YouTube*

The first movie was a PG over here in the UK as was Spidey2 so it doesnt really make a difference to me.

In my eyes there shouldnt really be anything in F4 that warrants a higher rating to me the F4 have always been light hearted and more kid friendly than say Batman!

Now that would be worth bothering about...as mentioned before this could mean that some of Doom's scenes could have been trimmed because they wanted the PG instead of PG 13. Makes me wonder why Julian is not doing much promoting for the movie this time around, other than when he was specifically asked while promoting "Premonition". He dropped out of the Australia trip, which I thought was quite unusual since it would have meant a visit home.

My sentiments exactly.

Just one thing to note when people state that Star Wars was pg and so were raiders. I think at the time there was no pg-13 rating and as such it was either R or PG.

Not that I really care about the rating regarding this movie. i withhold my opinion until I have seen it.

Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Little Mermaid

:mad: :cmad:

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is a movie about an alien who is fighting the army and the Fantastic Four to prepare the Earth for his master to EAT the Earth. EAT it!

PG-13 is need at least for that reason alone to tell this story RIGHT.

I look forward to the sequel to this Fantastic Four: Rise of Stitch.

When Raiders of the Lost Arc and Star Wars were made, PG-13 didn't exist. In fact, Temple of Doom is one of the main reasons they made the rating. So stop using those as examples.

Adn btw, Last Crusade WAS PG-13...that means the other IJ movies probably would have been, also if PG-13 was around.

Now onto FF2, I know people expect me to rant about this like I am the runtime and other things, but I don't think it matters. The action in this movie, given the nature of the Power Cosmic, should not have to include many punches or blood (there wouldn't be much cursing anyway), so I don't mind it. Punches and kicks land higher ratings, and the Surfer mainly blasts stuff. PG for this movie is fine.

PG is ok, 92 minute runtime needs to win me over.

Wow. My mother is shocked and dismayed by the rating/runtime. That speaks volume to me.

And Rocky was R and made lots of money.

Rocky Balboa however, did not.

Rocky was most certainly NOT rated R.

And Rocky Balboa did just fine at the box ofice; what makes you think otherwise?

I think PG is the right rating for an FF film.

The "hole blown through the chest" scene marred the first film; it was gratuitous and out of place.
I also disliked Ben's "Give me the godd*mn mirror!" line. That was out of character for Ben Grimm, period.

PG is fine by me. :up:

I watched the family version of F4 on Demand and those scenes are changed for that and there was absolutely no difference...as far as the enjoyment of the movie.....IT STILL HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS....so PG or PG 13 IS NOT what we should be worried about, by any means....

*sigh*

I dunno guys. Jessica Alba has been saying this film would be darker and more for adults in interviews for months...and now this news? I'm not going to say this is "bad" per se just yet. But I will say this:

With the running time and this rating combined, I don't believe we are going to get the kind of film the marketing and trailers have been suggesting. It is going to be light (lite) fare, and whatever dark elements Dr. Doom might have brought has certainly been chopped. The fact that we haven't seen much of him is starting to make sense now: there probably is not very much to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"