PG Rating: DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.canmag.com/nw/7909-rise-silver-surfer-pg

If true...This is a very good move by Fox. There is no need for this film to have a higher rating than PG as it should be open to kids under 13 just as much as those over. The ratings system seems to have gotten much looser with films like The Grudge, AVP and Riddick being PG-13 as well as Red Dawn where people are gunned down. Hell the first movie should have been just PG and the only scene in that film that might have been PG-13 was when Doom throws the guy up against the wall in the doctors office. There's nothing cool about a PG-13 or R rating if the footage doesn't require it. I realize alot of fanboys will think this is a sign of something bad but this is Fantastic Four NOt the X-men. It's a lighter franchise by design. Very smart move. Just because a film is suitable for younger audiences doesn't make it not suitable for older.

If it's not true...oh well.

Hmmmmm......well I guess all of the College Sexiness that Jessica spoke of in an interview was cut out......lol

PG doesn't NOT allow sexiness. PG allows more than most think and enough to make this franchise work. G obviously would NOT work nor would R. PG-13 is suitable for X-Men, Ghost Rider, Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk, etc..I think a Silver Surfer solo film should probably be PG too.

Wow, this just keeps looking more and more like a kids movie. :o

^ It should be a movie for kids too. No doubt about that.

I believe National Treasure was also PG which helped it rake in a huge box office and it was a great film too.

Yes, and no doubt that the majority of the audiance were kids for SM3 and Pirates dispite a PG-13 rating.

I saw a tv spot for FF2 during Creature Comforts (which was really funny) and saw that it was rated PG. At first I thought this was a bad idea since the first one was rated PG-13, but now that I think about it, it'll make much more money if it's open to kids. My only concern is that the first film was PG-13 and it was hardly brutal, so it makes me wonder how light and non-brutal this one will be.

OMG, we are going to actually argue over a PG rating.....

LMAO.......ok

*gets popcorn and coke and sits on the couch for the show*

..................................................................................................................................................

CRAP. That's terrible. I like PG-13 fine. Kids can come to a PG-13 movie but little screaming ass babies NEED TO STAY OUT! DAMN DISNEY MOVIES ARE USUALLY PG!

NOT A GOOD SIGN AT ALL!

Problem is, from what I've seen, it is now extremely rare for there to be a good movie that has a PG rating or lower. :o

..................................................................................................................................................

CRAP. That's terrible. I like PG-13 fine. Kids can come to a PG-13 movie but little screaming ass babies NEED TO STAY OUT! DAMN DISNEY MOVIES ARE USUALLY PG!

NOT A GOOD SIGN AT ALL!

Dang, are you channeling Antarkish or what???????? geeeesh....

LMAO.......ok

I'm not going to argue. I let all my frustration out already.

Whatever, I say! LOL. :cwink:

Thats because some people think PG is a turnoff because there's not many curse words in it or nude scenes or something. Fantastic Four doesn't need to be PG-13. It never needed to be. Hell Raiders of the Lost Ark was PG.

Well that kind of sucks, hopefully it won't be too noticeable while watching the film.

As far as I can recall, this is actually the only Super Hero movie to be lower than PG-13 since the Superman movies.

PG I did not know this was a Disney movie!

Dang, are you channeling Antarkish or what???????? geeeesh....

I'm just saying I don't want to be in a theater full of annoying children that came because of the kiddy rating...it's not right...

Sorry but it's just not cool at all. I just lost alot of hope for the film because I do have a feeling that it's going to be a Disney looking movie.

Rocky Balboa is PG as was National Treasure. You know what. A better way to look at it is look at some PG-13 films and the gore, violence, and mature themes that will NOT be in Fantastic Four. PG-13 is not needed for this franchise. It is needed for most others. Superman should be PG in my opinion too.

I'm just saying I don't want to be in a theater full of annoying children that came because of the kiddy rating...it's not right...

Sorry but it's just not cool at all. I just lost alot of hope for the film because I do have a feeling that it's going to be a Disney looking movie.

Then go to a later show. Dont your remember being one of those annoying children walking into see Star Wars, ET, Raiders, etc...Though it wasn't annoying to you because you were one of them. These movies should be watched by youngs kid. Hell this is the stuff we couldn't wait to see as kids. Give them a chance to be kids too.

Now of course they can go in and see it with their parents but alot of parents are hestiant to bring their kids to PG-13 films in the action genre because many push the boundries to close to being rated R with foul language, etc...I think Fox might a great move. How many PG-13 Fantastic Four comic books have you read. LOL

Well fact is, National Treasure was Adventure, not action.

The other fact is that the Fantastic Four has possibilities for KICKASS action. But that won't happen too well at all with a PG rating. It's going to be pulled down and held back.

Superman Returns, I heard, was going to be PG but they added a punch or two to make it PG-13. And that movie was boring to me. Not much action at all. I didn't care for it.

I don't want Fantastic Four to be a Disney Channel movie someday (I understand it probably won't happen, but its content most likely fits).:down

^ You're wrong. Nothing in the PG rating prevents action. Again look at the mature theme of many PG-13 action films. That kidn of stuff wont' be in FF. I stand my ground Fantastic four should be PG from the start and it should be viewed and enjoy by young ones to without having parent worry about foul language, or extreme violence. Star Wars was rated PG, Raiders, etc...action, adventure, whatever.

And Rocky was R and made lots of money.

Rocky Balboa however, did not.

And it's one thing when R movies are brought to PG-13 to get the teen crowd, but not many teens want to see an "action" movie with PG slapped on its ass. Come on...

If the first one was highly popular, it'd have a better chance. But not many liked it. So...:(:down

The other fact is that the Fantastic Four has possibilities for KICKASS action. But that won't happen too well at all with a PG rating. It's going to be pulled down and held back.

Superman Returns, I heard, was going to be PG but they added a punch or two to make it PG-13. And that movie was boring to me. Not much action at all. I didn't care for it.

I don't want Fantastic Four to be a Disney Channel movie someday (I understand it probably won't happen, but its content most likely fits).:down

So did that punch or two make the movie any better. The only thing about Superman that was Pg-13 to me was when Lex stuck that crystal in Superman to kill him. The rest was PG totally. That scene didn't make the whole film's experience any better. In fact if the would have edited that part differently and kept it PG it probably would have made millions more and still maintained the quality it had.

LMAO.......ok

*grabs popcorn and water and joins Albafan*

This should be fun.

>^^<

Well I didn't like any action in Superman Returns except when Lex kicked his ass. That was pretty epic. But other than that the movie was bad in my opinion. Kiddy, predictable, boring.

I understand that you want FF to be PG, but I really do not.

All of the Star Wars films (except Ep. III) are PG.

Lol funny story. When i was in the theater for Ghost Rider there must've been at least 10-13 kids that weren't 13 years old. At least 2 of those kids were babies.

I don't really think that ratings have affected parents. R movies have, but PG-13, PG, and G seem to mean the same to parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"