The Dark Knight Rises Philadelphia for Gotham City

Same here. I'm hoping NY is used for details, because you see NY in so many movies, it would be easy to be taken out of the reality that you're watching Gotham; it'd be worse than TDK's Gotham looking too much like Chicago.

NY is huge just saying.

street level, yer not gonna beat detroit....

image0222.jpg

WW2-H-Binnix-ARL-StoN.jpg

ghetto3fi.jpg

michigancentralstationdetro.jpg
Why is Detroit that bad? This the US we're talking about. Did they turn Detroit into their sewer, or do they just not care about it?

Btw i remember the last building from Transformers where Sam was supposed to deliver the AllSpark to the chopper.
Didn't Michael Bay just destroy Chicago for TF3?

Their probably sick of movies now!
:lmao:

Maybe its his fault that Detroit looks like this. Its where he shot TF1!

just spoke with the woman from the film office and she couldn't confirm either magnus rex or the dark knight rises but there wasn't a denial

Bay also shot The Island and TF3 in Detroit, it's all his fault, LOL......

Outside of the immediate downtown area where Compuware, Cobo Hall, GM, and the two sports arena's, Detroit is pretty much destroyed, I know, I live right outside of D-Town.

The abandoned railroad station was awesome in TF1, he did some great stuff in TF3 down there too, I was on the set.....

Wait, you want Philly to be Gotham? Is that so everything can be on South St.? GCPD, Arkham, Wayne Manor all on 1 street!! LOL, I kid I kid. Philly's nice.

I seriously cannot believe that a modern day city in one of the richest and most powerful countries in the world could possibly be in such a state. :dry: Its shameful.

detroit is actually an amazing city. its my favorite place on earth and is full of more art, culture, and beauty than i've seen in any other city. it obviously has its problems, and vast parts of the city have fallen to ruin which makes it easy to cherry pick images like i did. but i can show you just as many inspiring images and stories as i can desolate ones. but even the desolation is inspiring, it gives the people of the city a blank canvas to build on. the city is ripe with potential, and its being taken advantage of.

The decadence and desolation are beautiful in a way. I wouldnt wanna live there, but it'd like to pay the city a visit.

As for NY, i think its been in so many movies that its distinct character is always recognizable. I wonder if Gotham will look too much like NY. I'd rather for the wide shots or the city centre scenes they used one of Canada's or Australia's sparkling cities, with some CGI to make them look more like Gotham. Wayne Tower (the one from Begins) should be CGI'ed in. I really missed it in TDK.

For the dirty and poor areas they could use any city they like. They dont have to build a small city like they did for the Narrows in BB, which looked rather over the top if you ask me. Interesting, but a bit over the top. Gotham is a hellhole all around, its not Chicago with a tiny island from the Blade Runner full of crime and dirt.

Didn't Michael Bay just destroy Chicago for TF3?

Their probably sick of movies now!
Haha, this wouldn't shock me. Before he first came to DC to shoot for TF3, he wanted to come and blow s*** up on The Mall. The National Mall. And DC was like "LOL NO," and he got all pissy saying there were better places to shoot anyway. Then a few months later, he ended up filming here anyway...just not blowing s*** up on the Mall. But we did not go completely unscathed! One cop did end up in the hospital after colliding with Bumblebee while en route to a call. Thankfully he only had minor injuries, but still...Micheal Bay is destruction, on-screen and off! ;)

Haha, this wouldn't shock me. Before he first came to DC to shoot for TF3, he wanted to come and blow s*** up on The Mall. The National Mall. And DC was like "LOL NO," and he got all pissy saying there were better places to shoot anyway. Then a few months later, he ended up filming here anyway...just not blowing s*** up on the Mall. But we did not go completely unscathed! One cop did end up in the hospital after colliding with Bumblebee while en route to a call. Thankfully he only had minor injuries, but still...Micheal Bay is destruction, on-screen and off! ;)

:wow:

Wow.

I seriously cannot believe that a modern day city in one of the richest and most powerful countries in the world could possibly be in such a state. :dry: Its shameful.

Those midwest cities - detroit, cleveland, etc. all went downhill when industry left in the late 1960s. They never fully recovered. I went to grad school out in Cleveland and the economy is crap there. Cost of living is very low and real estate prices are cheap. You can live like a king out there if you have a decent paying job.

That's really, really funny! :woot:

Here's the video of the crash. Honestly, the cop probably just had whiplash or something as it wasn't a huge collision, but still...Destructo-Bay Strikes the Nation's Capital!

:D

detroit is actually an amazing city. its my favorite place on earth and is full of more art, culture, and beauty than i've seen in any other city. it obviously has its problems, and vast parts of the city have fallen to ruin which makes it easy to cherry pick images like i did. but i can show you just as many inspiring images and stories as i can desolate ones. but even the desolation is inspiring, it gives the people of the city a blank canvas to build on. the city is ripe with potential, and its being taken advantage of.
gotta agree with this....the place is pretty beautiful for the most part...i love going there whenever i can

I wonder if we'll see matches malone in this. That would be pretty interesting, and it would give bale a chance to flex his acting muscles.

TDKR chances in Pittsburgh (or Pennsylvania for that matter) in jeopardy?

http://www.wtae.com/allegheny/26907257/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- The Dark Knight's chances of rising in Pittsburgh could be put on ice, and this time it has nothing to do with Mr. Freeze.

A freeze on remaining funds in Pennsylvania's Film Tax Credit Program could cause the state -- and Pittsburgh -- to lose as many as five feature films, including the highly-anticipated Batman sequel, "The Dark Knight Rises."

The tax credit program has currently been put on hold until the state budget is passed next month.

Pittsburgh-based Nancy Mosser Casting sent an e-mail to WTAE Channel 4 Action News Thursday night encouraging residents to contact local lawmakers and Pa. Gov. Tom Corbett to keep the productions from leaving.

"The producers of Batman and 2 other movies have all said if the money is not released they WILL go elsewhere and Pittsburgh will lose an astronomical amount of money," read a statement on the casting agency's website.

Walden Media, which has also been eying Pittsburgh for an unspecified movie, said it will leave town if the money isn't released in the upcoming days, according to a letter posted online by Pittsburgh's IATSE Studio Mechanics, Local #489.On Monday, reports surfaced that director Christopher Nolan would film a large portion of his third Batman installment in Pittsburgh during the summer.

Film productions had been receiving a 25 percent credit for spending at least 60 percent of their production budget in the state, which is the amount "The Dark Knight Rises" has been rumored to film in Pittsburgh.

Warner Bros. has yet to formally announce any locations, but the film is scheduled to begin shooting in May.
I guess Jett was telling the truth.

Last edited:
I keep misreading this thread's title as 'Pedophilia for Gotham City'. :funny:

**** Pittsburgh.

Come to Cincinnati, Nolan.

PLEASE :csad:?

Theyve been rumored to be coming to Pittsburgh for months, if theyre going for a pure crap-hole then go to Phili, but Pittsburgh would offer much more :o :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"