The Dark Knight Rises Philadelphia for Gotham City

Question: If they will mixed (mostly) New York to Pittsburgh, how are they similar or different? This is to my NYC and Pitts natives.

I'm sure Nolan knows what he is doing. It doesn't really make a difference to me where the hell he films. If it was that important to stay in Chicago, Nolan would have stayed in Chicago.

I'm sure Nolan knows what he is doing. It doesn't really make a difference to me where the hell he films. If it was that important to stay in Chicago, Nolan would have stayed in Chicago.

This. Perfect summary.

When do you guys think we'll confirmation on the actual filming schedule and locations? Did we know for certain the schedule before filming on TDK? I wasn't on SHH before filming...

Somebody mentioned Toronto for Gotham, and I agree that Toronto would make for a great Gotham, but you'd need to exclude the CN Tower.

So far the cities mentioned have been New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Filthadelphia, and those are just off the top of my head. Really hoping for an announcement soon.

I just googled Toronto and its skyline is tiny. Why would you even suggest it?

Somebody mentioned Toronto for Gotham, and I agree that Toronto would make for a great Gotham, but you'd need to exclude the CN Tower.

Who said Toronto is up for consideration? I'm having a hard time believing this. :dry:

michigans new governor is trying to drastically cut the tax incentives that have brought so many film productions to michigan. if this happens, i'd wager detroit will be off the list of potential cities for production. major bummer sauce.

Cincinnati, Nolan.

Cincinnati :o.

No more likely than if he were filming in Detroit :awesome:.

I just googled Toronto and its skyline is tiny. Why would you even suggest it?

And so was Pittgsburgh.

Most likely, the skyline in The Dark Knight Rises will be a CGI enhanced New York, so it doesn't matter.

I heard from a friend at WB that they will actually be filming in my native Glasgow!

Nah but seriously, I think we would double really well for Gotham. We have this hospital, The royal, and my brother and I refer to it as Arkham.

Who said Toronto is up for consideration? I'm having a hard time believing this. :dry:

I didn't say someone said Toronto is up for consideration. I said someone mentioned Toronto, as in a fellow poster said that he/she would like to see Toronto as the new Gotham. I suggested that the CN Tower would have to be excluded.

Someone I know works at a store in PGH and told me Nolan came in today! Apparently quite a few people recognized him.

I wasn't there, so obviously I can't be 100% on this, but...

And so was Pittgsburgh.

Most likely, the skyline in The Dark Knight Rises will be a CGI enhanced New York, so it doesn't matter.

Pittsburghs skyline is gorgeous. Dont hate.

Someone I know works at a store in PGH and told me Nolan came in today! Apparently quite a few people recognized him.

I wasn't there, so obviously I can't be 100% on this, but...

WHAT! Where?!? (Im from Pittsburgh)

WHAT! Where?!? (Im from Pittsburgh)

Well I don't want to get too specific and mention where my friend works and whatnot, but it's a shop in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh.

Well I don't want to get too specific and mention where my friend works and whatnot, but it's a shop in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh.

Gee that narrows it down :dry:

Nolan and co spotted in Pittsburgh! Smithfield Street. From Nolan Fans:

nolan-pittsburgh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"