• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Phoenix Fire Bird

jimjam-06

Phoenix Particle
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Points
11
Something seriously fishy is going on, there is much evidence to support the phoenix bird and effects are in x3...

But reviewers say it does not appear in the film :confused:

Let's look at the facts...



wallpaperxmen3nonwatermarked2w.jpg


This pic shows light orange ommited from Jean's hand ... Leading us on? There is no orangle light in the movie? :confused:

The presence of the fiery bird has been confirmed : -

From http://www.xmenfilms.net/fanletters.html
Q: I just want to know will they show the phoenix bird in the movie at least once? - alienated1234 (Mar 12 2006)
A: At least once? Oh yes.


It was also stated that a certain effects company was specifically working on phoenix effects :-

From http://www.xmenfilms.net/xnews/81.html
We can also exclusively tell you that Rhythm & Hues (X-Men, X2, LOTR, Superman Returns) started work on visual effects for Phoenix last month

However, all reviews say there is no phoenix bird

Has everything else been a lie or is the final product just not been seen? :confused:

 
yeaaaaa..... dont get too hopeful mate... your gonna get flamed to holy hell once the haters roll around...
 
I'm sure that was just photoshopped for the picture.
 
Also, Ant's site is a fan one, I don't know how reliable it is
 
A reply to a question on XMF can hardly be taken as evidence. Neither can lighting in a poster. Posters have Cyclops in his uniform. Angel too. Finally, the special effects company have still done Phoenix effects. Just not a firebird.
 
the effects for phoenix can mean anything, doesn't have to be the fire bird, and the movie posters can have anything on them, doesn't mean its gonna be in the film
 
*** just posted elsewhere on here by me as well>>>

Jean did have an energy aura around her at the end of X2 followed by a firebird in the water at the very end. Forget the cosmic entity stuff, the phoenix is her symbol of life, death and rebirth; an energy signature that expresses who she is. Her powers are so strong that her TK is 'exciting' the air around her and making the molecules of the air emit energy and glow (similar to the northern lights) and she consciously/subconsciously shapes that into a firebird to represent who and what she is... The phoenix also has the appearance of a raptor (=bird of prey) and that element (the beak, and talons) show the destructive, barbaric side of her nature.

The movie could have found a way to work that in somehow.

Magneto might have said 'You have risen, Jean; not even your own sacriifice could hold you back. You are a Phoenix, Jean...a beautiful and terrifying bird of prey that rises again...take that as your name, it is your destiny.'

Then, when she manifests her power in extreme ways (such as the destruction at the end of the movie), we could see the energy from her shaping into a Phoenix bird...
__________________
 
Storm22 said:
we have a thread on this.
This isn't about Jean as a character it's about the fiery bird

WTFimVENOM said:
the effects for phoenix can mean anything, doesn't have to be the fire bird, and the movie posters can have anything on them, doesn't mean its gonna be in the film

Yeah I realise about the effects, just wanted to put it in there... But about the poster, I dunno, that seems odd to me, why make up the light for a poster? To lead us on? :confused: That's the question I'm putting to you

Aiden said:
Also, Ant's site is a fan one, I don't know how reliable it is

I dunno, it's been quite reliable in the past :(
 
We wanted energy aura around her body like X2 end!!
Singer began to introduce phoenix power but Ratner is so busy and idiot to remake that!! Im sad
 
0060822104.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V51606751_.jpg


More... 'evidence' ... I suppose I should use that term lightly
 
First thing let me say that is one awesome X-Men 3 poster :up:
Second doesn't sound like that will be in the movie, but hey there are other positive things about this movie :)
 
The Q's & A's with Simon Kinberg:

How goes the Phoenix?

*Effects are looking good. They’re still working, down to the wire. But it looks pretty incredible.

Can we expect to see any Phoenix related images before release date? (im kinda hoping u guys dont, so i have something to really look forward to)

*I don’t know. I’m sure they will keep the most shocking images for the film experience.

Lastly, do you feel that the Phoenix Effect has potential to be the #1 rated visual effect we see all summer long? An image that audiences will be talking about when they walk out of the theaters

*I sure hope so. I think it’s pretty mind-blowing. The effect of her power is stunning. In terms of being the #1 effect, I have no idea, because I haven’t seen footage from the other big effects-driven tentpoles like Superman, Poseidon, and POTC.

What in your opinion is THE "Nightcrawler/whitehouse " scene of X3? .....meaning the scene you think fans will be talking about the most as soon as the movie is over

*Hmmm, good question. Maybe the Golden Gate Bridge. Or the Phoenix Effect at the end. In general, the Phoenix power is pretty awesome.

Since the beginning of this film's production the one thing that has always concerned me was Phoenix and the use , or lack thereof, of her powers as us fans know them to be. In your last post you talked about "the Phoenix Effect at the end". When I read this it sent chills up my spine. Please tell me that the only time we will see Phoenix be Phoenix (firebird) is not going to be in some silly splash shot at the end of the movie to "wow" the audience? No offense, but that's totally lame and kind of reminds me of that low budget FF movie that came out in the mid 90's with Torch's cartoony "flame on" at the end.

*She uses her powers throughout the film. I would say that all of the biggest sequences of the film revolve around her powers. There is a major set-piece in the middle of the film where you will see a stunning evocation of the Phoenix effect.
 
Coreo said:
The Q's & A's with Simon Kinberg:

How goes the Phoenix?

*Effects are looking good. They’re still working, down to the wire. But it looks pretty incredible.

Can we expect to see any Phoenix related images before release date? (im kinda hoping u guys dont, so i have something to really look forward to)

*I don’t know. I’m sure they will keep the most shocking images for the film experience.

Lastly, do you feel that the Phoenix Effect has potential to be the #1 rated visual effect we see all summer long? An image that audiences will be talking about when they walk out of the theaters

*I sure hope so. I think it’s pretty mind-blowing. The effect of her power is stunning. In terms of being the #1 effect, I have no idea, because I haven’t seen footage from the other big effects-driven tentpoles like Superman, Poseidon, and POTC.

What in your opinion is THE "Nightcrawler/whitehouse " scene of X3? .....meaning the scene you think fans will be talking about the most as soon as the movie is over

*Hmmm, good question. Maybe the Golden Gate Bridge. Or the Phoenix Effect at the end. In general, the Phoenix power is pretty awesome.

Since the beginning of this film's production the one thing that has always concerned me was Phoenix and the use , or lack thereof, of her powers as us fans know them to be. In your last post you talked about "the Phoenix Effect at the end". When I read this it sent chills up my spine. Please tell me that the only time we will see Phoenix be Phoenix (firebird) is not going to be in some silly splash shot at the end of the movie to "wow" the audience? No offense, but that's totally lame and kind of reminds me of that low budget FF movie that came out in the mid 90's with Torch's cartoony "flame on" at the end.

*She uses her powers throughout the film. I would say that all of the biggest sequences of the film revolve around her powers. There is a major set-piece in the middle of the film where you will see a stunning evocation of the Phoenix effect.

Thanks for posting that :up:

But it kind of makes you wonder are they taking about things done by the phoenix or her actual (fire) effect... :confused:

Worrying
 
I am still disappointed the firebird will not be in it...but seeing Jean's energy aura in X2 as of right now makes me feel all worked up :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: ... it didn't at first but thinking about it now, it does. Man the woman is on FIRE!! Whoa! thats pretty exciting... I wonder how she puts up with it all...being on fire that is... lol.
 
jimjam-06 said:
0060822104.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V51606751_.jpg


More... 'evidence' ... I suppose I should use that term lightly

ok, that just pisses me off. ... ice slide, and phoenix fire on the COLOURING book thats 'based on the new movie'

i swear... urgh
 
jimjam-06 said:
Thanks for posting that :up:

But it kind of makes you wonder are they taking about things done by the phoenix or her actual (fire) effect... :confused:

Worrying

I'm worrying too. You CAN NOT do the dark Phoenix WITHOUT a damn Phoenix! If that's the case, she should be called Dark Jean. I doubt Simon was talking about the Black eyes and veins as such an amazing effect...
 
DarknessOfDeath said:
I am still disappointed the firebird will not be in it...but seeing Jean's energy aura in X2 as of right now makes me feel all worked up :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: ... it didn't at first but thinking about it now, it does. Man the woman is on FIRE!! Whoa! thats pretty exciting... I wonder how she puts up with it all...being on fire that is... lol.
It will, the movie ain't finished yet
 
I posted this in the Famke/Jean Grey thread a while back....

Visual effects Phoenix concepts from X2 by Christov Effects and Design and Ron Crabb Digital. These were done in the prelimanry stages of X2.


1075111285307406lu.jpg

To come up with the Phoenix effects we used different animal eyes and this concept is based on the Northern harrier eyes.


1075112682180953vq.jpg

This concept represents the Phoenix effect in its climax.The thin veil of energy shimmering like wings inside the mist of the wave.


conphoenix6kn.jpg


conphoenixunder12dv.jpg

conphoenixunder23hq.jpg



http://www.christovfx.com/x-men2_3.html
http://www.crabbdigital.com/Pages/ConceptArt/ConceptFirstSet.html
 
Aiden said:
It will, the movie ain't finished yet

so you honestly think it will be in it? :confused: :)

star_chaser65 said:
ok, that just pisses me off. ... ice slide, and phoenix fire on the COLOURING book thats 'based on the new movie'

i swear... urgh

I know, it's like they're trying to tease and annoy us

coreo said:
I'm worrying too. You CAN NOT do the dark Phoenix WITHOUT a damn Phoenix! If that's the case, she should be called Dark Jean. I doubt Simon was talking about the Black eyes and veins as such an amazing effect...

well, yeah, I hope not!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,698
Messages
21,788,648
Members
45,617
Latest member
SuperheroWoman
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"