If you could change the X-Men trilogies what would you do?

Phoenix_Flare

Sidekick
Reaction score
If I could change the trilogies I would do this:

X1: Durind the Xavier/Logan intro scene I would show the original 5 X-Men, with Storm taking Iceman's place Angel leaving cause of Jean choosing Scott over him and after a mission Angel is hurt and decides to leave the X-Men. Beast in his human form would have left the team to work for the Government. I still like the plot for X1, so the team would have been: Original 5:Cyclops, Jean, (Beast), Storm, (Angel), introducing Wolverine, Rogue, cameos: Iceman, Pyro, Jubilee, Kitty.

X2: Would have introduce Nightcrawler n Gambit and there would have been some character development wit Storm because they both used to b theives. in this film a Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, love triangle would have start to develop here...I think a Pyro n Remy scene would have been nice to show how they think mutants r superior... I would keep the same plot for X2..Instead of Scott goin with the Prof. X to see Magneto Gambit should've went to prove himself to Scott since Scott doenst trust him because of his shady past, showed off his fightin skills...Next a scene similar to Jean/Logan would have been nice with Storm/Rogue showin there concern for Remy...remember the scene where they infiltate the base? that would've have been a good action scene...Jean vs Scott Storm/Nightcrawler vs. Gambit, Wolverine vs. L.Deathstrike....On the boared plane Rogue showin more concern for Gambit now that he's safe n the death of Jean...

X3: would have re-introduce Angel and his father... only this time a dyin WW2 is dying n he wants his son to take ove the family business but he's not sure if the company would b so welcoming to his mutant son...the reason Angel went to Xavier's school because his father sent him n he promised a way to help him so he could live a normal life...a more powerful scene with a young Jean Grey showing off her phoenix persona... a Danger Room sequence showing them using their powers n not runnin!!! in this scene would have been: Storm, Rogue/Colossus, Iceman/Kitty, Jubilee/Gambit, Jubilee n Colossus would still be minor characters, Logan... in this one a more complex love fued between Rogue/Gambit/Kitty/Bobby... i would show how the team is in dissarray since Jean is "dead", there leader is now disfunctional n how the younger XMen r more of a liability than a team, a backlashin Storm on there peformance n I would have xplain y there were fightin a Sentinel...most likely they recovered the files from Stryker n his backup plan jus incase Dark Cerebro failed....re-introduce Beast only this time he is blue...a scene where Beast, Rogue discuss the cure, I still would have kept the plot 4 X3...Jean killin Scott(sorry), I woud hve Phoenix Effects but I'll save the bird for the finally!!! Rogue decides to take the cure, Gambit leaves the team since Prof.X is gone n he was the one who took him in(he mainly follows Rogue) i would have shown Jean/Phoenix struggling 4 control...Angel takes his place among the XMen..in the line-up: Storm, Wolverine, Jubilee, Colossus, Kitty, Iceman, Angel, n Beast...sumwhere in New York Gambit n Rogue share a brief kiss, they realize that their powers cancels each other out( i got that from the ulitmate storyline), they hear about the chaos @ Alcatraz, Gambit befriends Blink who he asks to teleport him 2 alctraz to help, Rogue still contemplates....The Phoenix rises w/bird....Logan kills her..Mags cured...WW2 dies, Angel takes over the company, Beast goes bak to work 4 the gov. Rogue doesnt take the cure but decides to leave wit Gambit, since she can touch him, she now knos this isnt the life she wants n she knos this isnt goin 2 work out wit Bobby...Storm is the new headmistress n Logan is now the Leader of the X-Men..................

Well for me uuuuuuh
MORE ROGUE IN X2 and X3

X3: Have Magneto die of a heart attack at Alcatraz and have him buried side by side with charles. They were friends in early life, then bitter enemies, it would be touching to have them reuined as friends once again. Although it's funny if you consider it that of those 3 graves we get in the original version of X3, two of them are empty anyways.

I would have had them give jean the cure. thats all i ask for.

ThE_PhOeNiX said:
I would have had them give jean the cure. thats all i ask for.

Agreed. It would be the simplest solution and lower the body count. Now I know that people will complain that that would be a cheesy and waek ending. I suppose it wouldn't have the flair and beauty of her dying in someone's arms with tears in her eyes. But you know what? The rest of the film was based on a weak setup anyways. Hell, the ground was littered with cure darts. So why not? It might be weak, but at least it'd be logical and someone else would still be alive.
And besides, Jean had already sacrificed herself to save everyone else. I think she'd be worth the trouble :)

The Cure would REALLY have applied to the Phoenix. That would show it's okay to cure yourself if you have mental problems and are a danger to yourself or to others:)

Killing her was predictable, Wolverine stabbing her was laughable, letting her live----no one would've seen it coming!:eek:

'Sides, it's not good to be repetitive... How comic book-ish it is to kill someone a second time?---and a waste to boot!

Movieverse should only have ONE resurrection, anybody else who dies should stay dead.

'Cept Cyclops... he didn't really die you know. :)

ms.vix said:
The Cure would REALLY have applied to the Phoenix. That would show it's okay to cure yourself if you have mental problems and are a danger to yourself or to others:)

Killing her was predictable, Wolverine stabbing her was laughable, letting her live----no one would've seen it coming!:eek:

'Sides, it's not good to be repetitive... How comic book-ish it is to kill someone a second time?---and a waste to boot!

Movieverse should only have ONE resurrection, anybody else who dies should stay dead.

'Cept Cyclops... he didn't really die you know. :)

You know, I found this interesting. In the movie, what finally set the Phoenix / Jean off was Magneto screaming to her: "See? they want to do this to you too! THey want to cure you!". But I found something interesting in a fanfic I read the other day. In this version, Jean / Phoenix ALMOST kills Scott. When she realizes what she could have done and how much she hurt people, she WANTS to be cured! She actually tells Prof X to his face she'd rather have her powers taken away or locked down than to know she used them to harm others.
that to me, is testament of the true strength to Jean's character and thoughtful writing. And it would be just as dramatic. Especially since the movie later hints that the cure is only temporary. That would serve only to be a great challenge to the characters. To make them realize that you really can't take the easy way out, and you can either give up and die, or learn to cope. To have the chars rally around her again as she and Rogue learn to cope before their powers come back full force, to watch all the support and encouragement while a new threat develops around them (Sinister, Apocalypse, Hellfire Club, etc) would make for an awsome sequel.

And yes Ms Vix, I echo your thoughts exactly. Jean being killed was predictable. She was meant to die and the film was purposely set up that way. Scott could have had a chance to bring her around so a divine hand reached down from the sky and plucked him out of the plot.
Sometimes a character's death serves a purpose and we accept it. The deaths in Star Wars had meaning. Here they were plot devices to make the movie more "shocking". It's a cheap way to add drama.
It's very easy to kill off a character. It's easy to just get rid of them instead of helping them with their problems. But it takes courage, it takes guts, to let them live, to find a way to SAVE them, not KILL them. Because ultimately it becomes a challenge to deal with them later, and it's a challenge worth taking. It's nice to know that

ooh, ooh, ntcrawler you remind me of something I remember as a kid; (forgive my dumb flashback)

i had a story in which I thought it would be very emotional and dramatic to kill off a couple of the main characters. I had no purpose for it other than shocking the reader.:down

Why is it the writers have the same mentality I had as a kid?

I don't have to elaborate, you said it all!:up: :)

ooh, ooh, ntcrawler you remind me of something I remember as a kid; (forgive my dumb flashback)

i had a story in which I thought it would be very emotional and dramatic to kill off a couple of the main characters. I had no purpose for it other than shocking the reader.:down

Wait. And Let Singer finish what he started. Then let someone else continue a new trilogy.

I would give Rogue a more important part in X2 and X3. She should have been in the final fight. Also, Nightcrawler should have been in X3.

I agree. And if he wasnt going to be in x3 they could have atleast explained where he took off. Jeezz. FOX these days.

ThE_PhOeNiX said:
I agree. And if he wasnt going to be in x3 they could have atleast explained where he took off. Jeezz. FOX these days.

They pulled a real Chuck Cunningham with him, didn't they?

I'm wondering about something. According to some sources, the powers that be didn't want Cyclops or Jean to be in the third film at all. Had they gotten their way, how would they explain those characters being gone? Well I suppose with Jean that would be easy enough. They could just conveniently keep her dead until they were ready to bring her back. But what about Cyclops? "Oh he just went away"?

Add Gambit in X-Men 3.
Keep Cyclops alive in X-Men 3, and HE deals with Jean in the end, not Wolverine.
Angel joins the team in X-Men 3, not just randomly appearing at Alcatraz, conveniently in time to save his father who was thrown over the ledge.
Nightcrawler would return in X-Men 3.

And that's probably about it. I might keep Xavier alive too. Dunno.

that's right, keep Cyclops alive on X3.
and make Jean made more destruction and at the end manifest the firebird...

A rough outline. This is subject to change. :D :

X1: Add Beast and Angel (an adult Warren) to the original team. Introduce Candy Southern, Havok and Cameron Hodge as well. Keep everything else the same. Replace Senator Kelly with Bolivar Trask, and briefly mention Sentinels.

X2: Keep it the same, for the most part. A little more focus on Jean and her transition into Phoenix. Keep her sacrifice at the end. Have Rogue meet Gambit, in a short cameo from him to prepare for X3. Introduce Sinister. Avalanche and Blob added to Magneto's Brotherhood. Add more focus on Trask's Sentinels plans.

X3: Add more focus to Gambit, and introduce the Hellfire Club to prepare for the next movie. Introduce Psylocke as well. Fully introduce Sentinels. Make a brief mention of Apocalypse. Foreshadow Jean coming back as Phoenix.

~~~~~~~~~~
What the hell. I'll do the next 3 as well. :D
~~~~~~~~~~

X4: Resurrect Jean. Have her come back as Phoenix and then the HC brainwashes into Dark Phoenix. Foreshadow Sinister as the next villain. Briefly mention Apocalypse, foreshadowing his coming for a later film. Add Gambit to the team.

X5: Sinister takes over as the villain, and the Mutant Massacre happens. Angel loses his wings. Reveal Cameron Hodge's real intentions, and have Angel attempt to kill himself. Is transported to Apocalypse's lair.

X6: Apocalypse and his Four Horsemen appear, with Angel as Death.

Ok 've wrote this topic many times before but i did write a fan-fic verson of how i would of wrote the first 3 movies. But i dunno what i did with them so ill tell you my synopsis of the overall three.

X1:
> The story essentially mimics much of the first movie, However i figured the problem with X-Men 1 was the number of X-Men and Villians there were. It was too small a team. Ok so, the first story would of featured the X-Men consisting of Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Storm and Gambit... The reason for this was in the top league of mutants Cyclops, Wolverine and Gambit are the top 3 mutants best known for x-men. However i awalys felt that three people never made a team and if you were bringing in wolverine and rogue we should of had two additional members making a team of 5. Because the x-men is basically just a team of 5 originally. However i couldnt make the mutants all the original 5 because i feel you need to consider who is more populare and who is best fitted. By adding Beast you would of had a male role that subtracted to Jean's absence because like x2 she died who was the doctor then. In my oppion we needed to seperate Jean from the doctor status and have her an assistant to Beast. However Beast would be only a guy with big feet and big hands but still vaguely human like. The reason for this would lead to the sequil. My story would feature the same Wolverine meeting Rogue and being attacked by the brotherhood, only the brotherhood also consisted of the members Mastermind, along with Toad and Sabretooth. Mystique and Magneto. The reason for this is i would of had a mutant per mutant fight off. Wolverine with Sabretooth... Toad with Gambit, Mastermind with Jean and Mystique with Cyclops. Instead of the love interest you would of had with bobby and rogue you would of had that with gambit... Gambit in x1 would be the youngist member of the x-men at the same time still a little raw with his training and powers so he brings a little comical relief to the set up of x-men. The machine initially would then upgrade several of the mutants powers as well trying to turn the humans into mutants. This of course i mean... Jean would have her psychic blocks removed. Beasts mutation has a rapid increase. however not turning blue for this movie but something going to be in the next. Rogue however being used in the machine ends up keeping Magneto's flight after the movie... I Feel the trilogy should of had a characters Evolve.. Beast turning into the beast, Jean becoming Phoenix, Rogue gaining additional powers. Flyte would be because of magneto

X2:
> Essenctially my idea was to have Bolerivic Trask wanting to steal componants of Cerebro for his design on the sentinals, i mean wouldnt it be great to have a sentinal that has the brain of cerebro? The main villian although being Trask and the sentinals, also had a second sub villian the Hellfire who are contributers to the technology of trasks designs. There threatening the world with an all out war. Magneto plays no part in the story, However Mystique would return with Avalanche and Blob as a rebel team sort of an activist. Mystique has washed her hands at Magneto and has now taken on her own role within the way the world is runned. She kind of convinces Pyro to Joine them, Iceman would initially still remain a character only cameo in x1 and in x2 kind of expand the role to initally focus on the kids of the mansion... as the x-men are currently exposed. Gambit and Rogue left in charge... Still think the story of the current x2 but think of it with my slight changes. What would come of this including nightcralwers appearance, we would see a mutant testing lab what created wolverine, also has some small part of turning mutants blue, of which causes Hank aka beast turn blue. The movie would end with Jean becomming phoenix however leaving it open.

X3:
> Would then better lead on from the last, The hellfire who played a small role in x2 as a sub-villian really takes the lead, However Mr Sinister would of become a major player too. His cure on mutance causes a virus that is killing mutants at the same time, so the demand is high for the cure incase they get the legacy virus. Angel would be a character who is a contributer to the hellfire club only to discover its full purpose which is currpt. It would end with Angel loosing his wings, Gambit betraying the x-men for an offer Mr Sinister gives him. Beast and Wolverine go bezerker. and alot more action set in place with an all out histeria panic war breaks out.

X4 would of lead to Apocaylpse... because the plans of x3 and sinsiter are all leading to that with Angel and Gambit being two of the horsemen for the future film.

Here's what I would change in X3. This is an exceprt from "Grail" an X-Men fan-novel meant to be an alternative sequel to X2:

Everyone assembled, Xavier propped himself up with help from Ororo and Edna. "Our plans will have to change if we are to save Jean. She has lost touch with her human self, become the creature of fire and air that she was when she first resurrected, and she is bent on destroying Nathaniel Essex, and perhaps Sebastian Shaw as well."

"Jean wouldn't --"

"Yes, Scott, she would -- and will. The discarnate creature that left here has been reduced to the most basic of life impulses -- the 'id,' if you will."

"Gone feral," Logan added.

"Something like that, yes. Frustration, rage, grief . . . and the drive to save what she loves. She has no more control -- or morality -- than a frightened, hurting child. We must recall 'Jean Grey' to herself -- help her rediscover her ego and superego. She must reincarnate, or there's no telling what she will do."

Scott was pressing the heels of his hands to his temples. "Jean wouldn't kill anyone --"

"Jean wouldn't, no -- " Xavier began, but Logan interrupted.

"This ain't Jean, kid. This thing is to Jean what Wolverine is to Logan. I understand."

I think this says it better than anything else I've seen. IMHO, the author deserves a standing ovation, not only for her understanding of the true strengths behind the characters, but also for giving a more realistic explanation behind the nature of Jean's resurrection, her abilities, and how and why she goes over the edge. None of this last-minute mind block alter-persona nonesense.

Jean is being treated as a person who must be saved, and not as a monster that needs to be destroyed!!! And her fellow teammates understand this and actually want to do something about it to help her!!! What a brilliant concept!!! Isn't it amazing?

I'd want to have more big villains in the trilogy. Omega Red, more Sabretooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"