Phoenix Fire Bird

when you quote the writers saying that the fx that are being done on the phoenix effect, did they ever say the firebird effect? I really think they're talking about the demolecularize<spelling?>effect...I'd like there to be some firebird too, hopefully the effects shots aren't complete and come opening nite we'll see it...but if not, I won't have gotten my hopes too high up.

I think she controls whether the fire burns or not. In the animated series, she shielded the Xmen from attacks under her wing and even transported them! And then you see her incinerating the earth in a vision she gives Cyclops telepathically. Pretty cool, imo!

Fanticon said:
when you quote the writers saying that the fx that are being done on the phoenix effect, did they ever say the firebird effect? I really think they're talking about the demolecularize<spelling?>effect...I'd like there to be some firebird too, hopefully the effects shots aren't complete and come opening nite we'll see it...but if not, I won't have gotten my hopes too high up.

Yup. There were many specific questions asked about it.

"You will see a stunning evocation of the Phoenix firebird effect"

The fire is never really fire in the comics or in the movie in X2, though theoretcially she can create fire. But mainly, it's the way she chooses for her telekinetic and telepathic powers to express themselves.

As to why? For continuity sakes she had fire eyes, and fire/aura effects in X2 as well. And "like a phoenix" she is reborn from the ashes and death. What better way to shape her power? From what I gather she is even referenced as Phoenix by Xavier.

And in the comics they've made it so that Jean was never possessed, she was Phoenix and it's a mutation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"