Piercings.. a serious question.

Vapor

Omlette Du Fromage
Reaction score
Ok this probably sounds quite.. wierd but it's a serious question that I would appreciate some serious feedback on..

Guys and belly button piercings - yes, no?

I'm 20, I've got my nipple and eyebrow piercing and a couple of tats and for a while now I've been.. tempted maybe but curious about the idea of having my belly button pierced. Nothing fancy, just a little ring or bar. I don't quite know why.. I mean not that it really has anything to do with it although it's probably seen as more of a 'gay trait' but I'm not gay or bi and it's not exactly as though I'm into the pain side of it. I guess 'cos it's different and again I don't know why but I actually think it'll look quite hot although it'll probably end up not looking quite like I think it might do and take it out within two weeks..

I know at the end of the day I should make my own mind up and so on but I guess I'm just curious, that in this day and age of the 'metro-sexual male' and so on, what the general stance on this is.. I mean for girls would it be a turn on or turn off and for guys is it something you might do, something you do view as been a 'gay' triait, maybe you kind of like the idea of it but would never do it yourself?

Make jokes if you will but I would appreciate some thought on this subject...

do what you want man.. pierce what ever you want.... why ask people's opinons... even if you are curious.

you're gonna encounter people who think it's cool and who think it's lame.... but as long as you know you did it for your own reasons.... who cares?

I have 5 earrings and 3 tattoos... I plan on getting more tatts... I could care less who thinks they're cool or what they like.

If you're concerned about "the general stance on this", then that's lame.
You do it because you really want to, or you don't because you don't.
Trying to be different by conforming...amusing.

I wouldn't go for a belly button piercing, but I'm pondering the idea of getting a Prince Albert. Belly button just seems like a feminine zone.. I wouldn't see the point of it with just a ring. Its suppose to dress it up, but you would just be taking away from it. I'd skip it.

I have nipple piercings, earrings and tats and share Equint and Wil's perspective on the topic. Body modification is supposed to be about personal aesthetics and doing what you truly want to with your own body. So do what YOU want to do with your own body rather than trying to live up to some other a-hole's perception of what's acceptable and what is not when it comes to that.

jag

You're probably just gonna get a ton of posts saying "Do what you wanna do" from now on.

Mine included.

What you guys say is true. And I am making my own mind up on it, am slightly leaning towards having it done at the moment.. I understand how it's lame to base something on the opinions of others but i was just wondering what people thought on it that's all, 'cos well, at the end of the day sometimes it's nice to have people thoughts on things..

I'll tell you that when I was in high school, all the "cool" preppie-jock dudes shaved their legs (not for swimming, etc., but because it was a fad at the time), wore preposterous pink and yellow and lime-green plaid shorts and pink, yellow and green Izod shirts and these painter's caps with a long flap of fabric that came down in the back like a mullet which they called "Jobbers" or something, and then they called me a *** for wearing black engineer boots with a chain around the ankles...and I'd hang out in the study area, playing guitar while hot chicks stared at me in adoration, while the dudes where stripping off their shirts and getting sweaty together tackling eachother and wrestling eachother, so.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"