Animation Pixar's Inside Out 2 (June 14, 2024)

Something else to think about: Do all of the emotions have their own individual emotions inside of their heads? Because that could become an endless loop.

I skipped out on Elemental in theaters last year so I feel like I owe them one, even though I'd have seen this in theaters regardless since the first one is in my top 3 Pixar movies. I had a real streak going seeing every Pixar film in theaters from Toy Story to Onward until the pandemic hit.
Ironic for me,since Onward was the last film I saw in cinemas before cinemas were shut down in 2020.

I don't think I plan to watch any animated movies again unless I'm a huge fan of the ip. Waiting for movies to hit streaming has become of a habit now for me, due to these streaming services and the long term effects of the pandemic.

And I think from 2016 to 2019, I've seen every Pixar/Walt Disney Animation studios Animation/Disney live action remake film in a cinema.

I'm not a big fan of the original Inside Out, but I'm loving everything I'm hearing about this sequel. It's not opening until the 17th of July over here, for some reason.

Ironic for me,since Onward was the last film I saw in cinemas before cinemas were shut down in 2020.

I don't think I plan to watch any animated movies again unless I'm a huge fan of the ip. Waiting for movies to hit streaming has become of a habit now for me, due to these streaming services and the long term effects of the pandemic.
Onward was the last one for me too before the lockdown. I'm more picky about what I see in theaters these days myself but I'll usually make time for Pixar. I think the only thing that kept me from seeing Elemental in theaters was the lukewarm reception and last summer being a little more crowded at the movies than now.

Onward was the last one for me too before the lockdown. I'm more picky about what I see in theaters these days myself but I'll usually make time for Pixar. I think the only thing that kept me from seeing Elemental in theaters was the lukewarm reception and last summer being a little more crowded at the movies than now.
Same. VERY last weekend I was out and about, too. Elemental looked very off to me as does Ellio (though for the former, it was the rom-com angle). Lightyear, Wish and now Inside Out 2 I gave my money to.

Same. VERY last weekend I was out and about, too. Elemental looked very off to me as does Ellio (though for the former, it was the rom-com angle). Lightyear, Wish and now Inside Out 2 I gave my money to.
I was pleasantly surprised by Elemental when I got around to watching it on Disney+. It's one of the better "middle of the road" Pixar movies.

I was pleasantly surprised by Elemental when I got around to watching it on Disney+. It's one of the better "middle of the road" Pixar movies.
I dunno. Bear in mind, I'm actually one of the few that like Lightyear and haven't found time to finally watch Soul yet.

Get that fresh rating!

Disney must be eyeing for a third movie. Are we gonna wait another 9 years for that?

2015-2024-2033

I bet the 7 Seven Deadly Sins (including Envy) are now waiting for the 3quel announcement!

Something else to think about: Do all of the emotions have their own individual emotions inside of their heads? Because that could become an endless loop.

I skipped out on Elemental in theaters last year so I feel like I owe them one, even though I'd have seen this in theaters regardless since the first one is in my top 3 Pixar movies. I had a real streak going seeing every Pixar film in theaters from Toy Story to Onward until the pandemic hit.
I don't think so. They appear to function as binary ids; operating on a spectrum of joy, or without. spectrum of sadness, or without. There's still of tinge of which emotion they are when faced with the opposition.

As to the lookalike angle, maybe as Riley learns to regulate her emotions and come into her own, the emotions will take on her appearance as her parents' have.

I enjoyed this one anxiety is a real b and they captured it well. I do need to rewatch it tho cause I fell asleep briefly, that’s what I get for seeing it right after work.

Also all the ads and announcements for AMC Dolby are ridiculous. There was like two put your cell phone away announcements, two drink and popcorn ads, the Nicole Kidman ad, then a weird ad that made it look like a whole new set of trailers was gonna show lol.

Also all the ads and announcements for AMC Dolby are ridiculous. There was like two put your cell phone away announcements, two drink and popcorn ads, the Nicole Kidman ad, then a weird ad that made it look like a whole new set of trailers was gonna show lol.
If you go to a movie on opening weekend and possibly beyond, AMC bombards you with almost a half hour's worth of trailers and ads. They need to be stopped. The Nicole Kidman ads were fun for the memes but when you think about it, what's the point of a theater chain playing an ad to an audience of people who already gave them money by buying tickets and food?

They need to list “start time” and actual “start time” after the ads. They never will though bc then people would skip the ads
Or at least just truncate trailer and ad time to no more than 10 minutes. Most people see trailers on social media or YouTube these days anyway so there's no need to prolong it any more than needed. Back in the day I used to love a good 20 minute run of trailers, especially if it was before the first blockbuster of the summer so you would get all the trailers for the summer movie season but it's just not fun anymore.

I usually just arrive 15-20 mins late to avoid most of the trailers but I sat through all of them this time. The trailers weren’t even the worst part it was the sloppiness of the ads that were promoting the same thing that was just like “AMC do y’all even know what’s on these ads?” lol.

They need to list “start time” and actual “start time” after the ads. They never will though bc then people would skip the ads
Seriously, I'm trying to not show up at the aforementioned start time because it's never going to begin then. Indie theaters are a little better because there's less to advertise, but with your Regals or your AMCs or what have you, there are so many previews...

Nice! When I see the regular (not imax or Dolby) theaters get a decent amount of people in them i know the movie is opening huge.

Also didn’t know there was a post credits scene but should’ve figured there would be.

Whoa. I knew Inside Out got plenty of love but I wasn't thinking this would pull in those kind of numbers in the Disney+ era we live in now.

There's plenty of near sold out shows around me too. I was going to see if I could sneak a show in today but I'm probably gonna wait until after work on Monday so it won't be as crowded.

There hasn’t been a strong animated family film in awhile. Garfield clearly wasn’t it.

I'm curious to see how well it holds its own against Despicable Me 4 in a few weeks.

If you go to a movie on opening weekend and possibly beyond, AMC bombards you with almost a half hour's worth of trailers and ads. They need to be stopped. The Nicole Kidman ads were fun for the memes but when you think about it, what's the point of a theater chain playing an ad to an audience of people who already gave them money by buying tickets and food?
Or at least just truncate trailer and ad time to no more than 10 minutes. Most people see trailers on social media or YouTube these days anyway so there's no need to prolong it any more than needed. Back in the day I used to love a good 20 minute run of trailers, especially if it was before the first blockbuster of the summer so you would get all the trailers for the summer movie season but it's just not fun anymore.
I usually just arrive 15-20 mins late to avoid most of the trailers but I sat through all of them this time. The trailers weren’t even the worst part it was the sloppiness of the ads that were promoting the same thing that was just like “AMC do y’all even know what’s on these ads?” lol.
Seriously, I'm trying to not show up at the aforementioned start time because it's never going to begin then. Indie theaters are a little better because there's less to advertise, but with your Regals or your AMCs or what have you, there are so many previews...

Nah. Give me all the ads. ALL OF THEM.

star-wars.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"