Plane Speculation . . .

Discussion in 'Superman Returns' started by Agnarr, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Mentok Registered

Looks like a 'Female Hygiene Product' :(

2. AsteroidMan Registered

Probably one of the reasons SR will not show the future Virgin Galactic craft but a made-for-the-movie model of a shuttle craft (and its name is even linked to SR ;))

3. Cinemaman Registered

I think it will be Lex's plan or ,maybe just a terror.

4. Showtime Your Friend In Time

Whats the name?

5. GreenKToo In the fire

very cool.:up:

6. Naite22 Registered

They say in the blog that it's some kind of powerfailure that causes the plane to fall!!!

7. Agnarr Registered

Blog 18? Ah, yes. I wonder what causes the power failure.

8. Naite22 Registered

It's the one where Singer's inside the plane for the first time, and they talk about what'll happen and how people will fly across each other inside of it.. Than someone says, and I quote "As I understand it, there's some sort of presentation going on up front, and all of the sudden there's a powerfailure".. go check it out.

9. Agnarr Registered

Do we know for certain the Boeing and the Virgin Galactic will BOTH suffer mishaps? Is it confirmed? I thought it was just a rumor that the space ship would get into trouble. They may change things for the movie a bit, but as it is now, Space Ship One gets to space via its specialized carrier plane, The White Knight, not by being piggybacked on a Boeing 777.

10. Naite22 Registered

Whow...wait a minute, what are you talking about here dude??? What's this Virgin Galactic and spaceship talk?? There's something I haven't heard here.. What's this about?

11. AsteroidMan Registered

After the success of Space Ship One, Sir Richard announced that he will build a fleet of similar ships and have a company called Virgin Galactic providing private space flight services.
    The plane sequence (but with a 747 Air Force One) was originally in FlyBy (the McG / Ratner Superman project). Bryan loved the look of the sequence and intended to use it in SR.
    Bryan also wanted to fly in space :)
    So Richard Branson got a role in the movie as one of the pilots of the shuttle, which is piggybacked on a specially equiped 777 with the press inside. Something happens to the tandem so Supes has to save both.

http://travel.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1742498,00.html
    "...So far, 45,000 people have registered interest in being among the six passengers for the inaugural Virgin Galactic trip, and 156 have paid deposits, including the advertising guru Trevor Beattie, the actor Victoria Principal and Bryan Singer, director of the new Superman film. "

The movie will not be using the actual space ship shown below as a model held by Branson, but I think the name "Virgin Galactic" might be mentioned as a product placement...

12. Naite22 Registered

^ How cool would it be if the failure of the plane(s) is the work of Lex Luthor somehow??

13. ToddIsDead Registered

I'd say that's more than likely.

14. Naite22 Registered

I remember a loooong way back, that Singer said "In this movie Lex isn't the one pulling the strings, he only THINKS he is!"..... I wonder what this could mean.???

15. ToddIsDead Registered

Brainiac implants a chip into him and is controlling him.

:p

16. Naite22 Registered

In the showest footage it said that superman gets hit by a plane wing flying towards him, and he gets thrown backwards... Shouldn't he just smash RIGHT THROUGH IT!??

17. ToddIsDead Registered

No, he rips a plane wing off and he and the plane go flying backwards. It's basic physics.

18. Naite22 Registered

oh..ok:up:

19. explode7 Registered

Just a question to ask. How realistic do you guys want the plane itself to look? I would like to see the plane look as realistic as the plane from "Airforce one".

20. ToddIsDead Registered

The plane is just a regular 777. It's going to be realistic because it's a real plane.

21. explode7 Registered

Yeah I know but in some plane movies the plane looks all 3D even though its a real plane I don't want it to look like that here.

22. Naite22 Registered

^The plane in Air force one looked like crap, no one can forget that.. remember when it crashes into the water... jeez, that was the most ugly icky looking peace of CGI I have ever seen!

23. ToddIsDead Registered

I'm sure it will look really good. They seem to be going all out on the effects in this movie.

24. explode7 Registered

Just to make sure thats the same movie with Harrison Ford right?

25. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

why does it look like it's been duct taped onto the plane? I guess they weren't kidding when they said it was strong.