Played Starcraft for the first time in 6 years...

Cosmic

Mystic
Reaction score
Last night, I played Brood War for the first time in 6 years. I played it quite a bit when it first came out. I wasn't a very high-skilled player. I mostly liked playing in multiplayer co-op games vs. AI opponents, though I remember having a few very long and intense team matches, as well.

So, I joined 4 games last night, all co-ops because I knew I'd just get wasted in versus play. In the last game, just as we were about to converge on the last remaining AI player, 3 guys decided to do a "backstab." Something I'd totally forgot about, that happens every now and then.

After they wiped out the other teammates base and killed off all his units, they started killing me, but then one of them called off the attack, because I saved his life in the beginning when he got rushed by zealots. I thought it was pretty hilarious. So, anyway, I'm probably going to keep playing this until SC2 comes out. It's my most anticipated game, right now.

SC is a shockingly fun game, even after all these years. The balance is just *so* right

Yes, indeed. I also enjoy watching recorded matches online. I spend more time watching pro and expert game vids than actually playing.

Still great to break out from time to time. Seeing as how there still isn't a release date on SC2, so I'm going to have to keep break this out this weekend.

I am very excited for SC2, but SC is more than enough to keep me occupied for the forseeable future. There are so many cool strategies that I never even knew about until now. And even though I'm a horribly unskilled noob, I actually had a couple of recent team games where I surprised my opponents with tips and tricks I learned from watching vids and made a huge impact in helping my team win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"