Iron Man 3 "Please Don't Turn Down my Music": The Iron Man 3 Composer Thread

So did I, but I have no objection to a change as long as it's good.

Does anyone have an idea of when we'll get to hear samples? I don't collect film scores any more but I do enjoy listening to the good ones.

The anticipation is killing me!

tumblr_m5chnszTTl1rrbogso2_500.gif

I'm not digging the first half of that sample at all. The second half is a bit more promising.

Should've gotten Ramjin or Debney back. It's always dissapointed me that there hasn't been any continuity in IM film scores.

It's sounds like a typical Saturday morning action theme...I like it!

Sounds almost like the Batman: The Brave and The Bold theme (with some Justice League Unlimited).

Last edited:
It's sounds like a typical Saturday morning action theme...I like it!

Sounds almost like the Batman: The Brave and The Bold theme (with some Justice League Unlimited).

I really dig the Second Part. 02:00 onwards sounds really Epic!

The first half is very...interesting..but I'll probably come to enjoy it more after seeing it played in the film. I love the second part though.

sounds like the incredibles closing credits.

the quality is so ridiculously bad though so can't judge

I'm going to have to listen to these samples later on. Though he feedback hasn't been that great...hopefully it'll work in the movie.

i skim read a review of his score and it was extremely positive.

Was this the review? http://www.filmmusicmedia.com/reviews/ironman3bybriantylerreview

If so then I don't know if I can take this guy's opinion seriously b/c he claims the theme is a callback to Williams' Supes and Indy theme. Really? I'm looking forward to the IM3 score and all. Especially after reading Tyler's description of it. And I'm hoping that the scores adds much weight to the film, but I have a hard time believing Tyler can cook up a theme that can rival some of Williams' best themes. Which many (including myself) believe to be some of the most memorable (and not to mention some of the greatest) themes in pop culture. Plus this guy loved Djawadi's IM1 score. As well as calls Zimmer's Batman scores "masterpieces". And even believes Whedon's Avengers was a dud. Which is fine that's his opinion but I don't share any of it and strongly disagree with that. Now that's gotten me worried that he's exaggerating on how "stunningly superb" Tyler's IM3 score actually is. I hope it's as good as he says but I doubt it's going to be that good. Plus the reviewer seems to be more in love with the theme than the score as whole. So I don't know.

I haven't heard anything yet from the score and will wait to hear how it is in the context of the movie before I decide to listen to it on it's own.

I've played Far Cry 3 2 month ago and I can assure that the music was surely one of the BEST things which made that game Excellent . I've just watched again Iron Man 1 and Ramin Djawadi's score is perfect and it tends to immerge the viewer into the Action . I think we shouldn't worry about Brian Tyler score :cwink:

From the clip released last night and that sample posted a few days earlier, I have to say that I LOVE the score for this movie. The 60's bond aesthetic is brilliant IMO and iron man finally has a distinctive theme. I can't wait to hear it the rest in action.

Yes, I posted in the News & Spec thread that the one thing that really stood out to me (in a good way) in that MTV clip was the score. IM clearly has a distinctive theme in this movie, and to that I say, it's about time!

It's shame it took them until the third, and possibly last to star rdj, for it to happen.

All I can say about the music from that clip is that it wasn't like sticking knives in my ears, which was my reaction to the supposedly "60s style" clips released earlier. It gave me hope that the score won't be as bad as I initially feared.

I do wish we could have the AC/DC - Black Sabbath music back. Are Ozzie and Angus still writing new music? Marvel should have tried to get them to do something new for Iron Man.

Definitely sounds somewhat more cinematic than what we got in the past.

It does sound a lot better than Iron Man and Iron Man 2 whose scores were among their weaker aspects.

TIH had some decent stuff but was overall underwhelming. It should've had like some big cool monster music like that Cloverfield theme.

Soundtrack out Monday on Amazon MP3 Spain. Looking for other dates...

It does sound a lot better than Iron Man and Iron Man 2 whose scores were among their weaker aspects.

TIH had some decent stuff but was overall underwhelming. It should've had like some big cool monster music like that Cloverfield theme.

Cloverfield had a theme? The only music I remember hearing in that movie was the spongebob theme when they're in the RadioShack lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"