Iron Man 3 "Please Don't Turn Down my Music": The Iron Man 3 Composer Thread

That's exciting to know. :woot: As tempting as it is to listen to the samples. I'll wait to hear it in the movie first. I hope I enjoy the score as much as you guys.
Well, just to forewarn you, since I've gotten a sense of certain things that are not to your taste: it's still a very synth-y score. The production values are on the cheap side and remind me of those of the Kick-Ass or XM:First Class scores (both of which I'm still quite fond of). It's not a grand or old-fashioned orchestral score at all, but the melody of the main theme is quite strong and memorable, much more so than those of the first two IM films, imo.

^^^ Well I'll try to be open minded about it. It would be nice to enjoy an IM score for once.

T"Challa;25666505 said:
My favorite track is New Beginning. So melodic but stll epic-sounding

The song kinda reminds me of Christmas lol

I can safely say that this is the best Marvel Studios soundtrack. Brian Tyler really knocked this out of the park. This is what an Iron Man movie soundtrack should sound like.

The main theme is amazing! Would really like to hear that in it's entirety

This score reminds me of the Kick Ass score kind of with a mix of Brian Tyler.

Definitely one of the most unique in the MCU so far and fresh.
Rather unfortune we didn't get something like this from the get go.

The whole score is up on YouTube. Those first low-quality samples really did Tyler's work an injustice. Once I listened to the tracks in better quality I liked what Tyler wrote. The main theme is better than those for both of the previous Iron Man films, and the other tracks were very good indeed. For me, most soundtracks can't stand on their own; the music was written to be heard as part of scenes from a film and outside that context they don't work as well. So I really need to see the film in order to get the best feel of the way the score works. But it does sound good.

The main theme is just as great as the one from The Avengers and Captain America.

This score has surpassed my favorite Marvel score which was Patrick Doyle's Thor. Holy **** that was intense! The theme, the drums, the choral bits, the everything:wow:

Glad to hear people are enjoing the score. The other two Iron Man scores were very sub-par IMO.

Last edited:
If this guy could score the rest of the Marvel films that would be :up::up:

I would love to hear what he could do with Thor and Avengers 2. After hearing this I'm even more bummed that I'm probably going to have to put up with more Alan Silvestri.

The only thing I'm not big on is the "Can You Dig It" credits song. Its got a very asian pop vibe or something about it. I don't think its necessarily bad, and it has a saturday morning cartoon vibe to it, but it isn't my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Oh, look, Iron Man finally has a great theme.

Great score. Bravo. Easily MCU's best.:up::up::up:

I would love to hear what he could do with Thor and Avengers 2. After hearing this I'm even more bummed that I'm probably going to have to put up with more Alan Silvestri.

Really? Silvestri's work in the MCU has been a highlight for me, and a lot of Tyler's score sounds influenced by The Avengers.

I hope the TDW soundtrack has some choral sounds as well. More than what IM3 has in it because I think that suits Thor and his world.

AFM musicians are, again, picketing Marvel & Disney over Iron Man 3. And they have a contingent over at a filming site for Captain America: The Winter Soldier too.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/union-musicians-picket-marvel-disney-over-iron-man-3/

No disrespect meant, but I think the reason Marvel is doing this because AFM rates just aren't favorable. Then add in the union re-use fees... if AFM wants Hollywood to do more work with them, they'll have to restructure some.

AFM musicians are, again, picketing Marvel & Disney over Iron Man 3. And they have a contingent over at a filming site for Captain America: The Winter Soldier too.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/union-musicians-picket-marvel-disney-over-iron-man-3/

No disrespect meant, but I think the reason Marvel is doing this because AFM rates just aren't favorable. Then add in the union re-use fees... if AFM wants Hollywood to do more work with them, they'll have to restructure some.
These unions need to get over it since it's a global economy now. Sounds more like the want the big payday from Marvel than actually caring about their craft. They aren't the only game in town anymore and Marvel has found using musicians in England to be both better in rates and, in some cases, quality. Plus, there are still plenty of movies being made in the US that can use them.

These unions need to get over it since it's a global economy now. Sounds more like the want the big payday from Marvel than actually caring about their craft. They aren't the only game in town anymore and Marvel has found using musicians in England to be both better in rates and, in some cases, quality. Plus, there are still plenty of movies being made in the US that can use them.

Oh definitely. I've listened to a fair amount of scores recorded in England, and I'm impressed with every one of them. Especially when the score uses an established orchestra (instead of a collection of UK session players). Especially Brian Tyler's Iron Man 3.

Scores recorded in L.A. can be just as impressive, but it ultimately depends on the composer and project involved too. AFM isn't starving, since Fox and Sony still use them to record the scores for their Marvel superhero outings.

Oh definitely. I've listened to a fair amount of scores recorded in England, and I'm impressed with every one of them. Especially when the score uses an established orchestra (instead of a collection of UK session players). Especially Brian Tyler's Iron Man 3.

Scores recorded in L.A. can be just as impressive, but it ultimately depends on the composer and project involved too. AFM isn't starving, since Fox and Sony still use them to record the scores for their Marvel superhero outings.
I think every MCU movie, save maybe IM1 (not sure on that one), was recorded in England. TA and Thor used the London Symphony Orchestra, CA: TFA was done in London's Air Studios, IM3 is using the London Philharmonic Orchestra, and IM2 recorded in London under Jon Debney.

Really? Silvestri's work in the MCU has been a highlight for me, and a lot of Tyler's score sounds influenced by The Avengers.

I like the Avengers theme, but the rest of the score I found to be forgettable.

I think every MCU movie, save maybe IM1 (not sure on that one), was recorded in England. TA and Thor used the London Symphony Orchestra, CA: TFA was done in London's Air Studios, IM3 is using the London Philharmonic Orchestra, and IM2 recorded in London under Jon Debney.

Iron Man was also recorded in the UK at Air Lyndhurst, with UK session musicians. The only Marvel Studios film that utilized U.S. musicians was The Incredible Hulk using the Northwest Sinfonia, but even that was non-union.

As for The Avengers and Captain America, Silvestri definitely used most of the same musicians from the LSO to record the score. But some of them were contracted from other orchestras, like the London Philharmonic, Pro Arte, and Royal Philharmonic. That's why it's not credited as the LSO.

Iron Man was also recorded in the UK at Air Lyndhurst, with UK session musicians. The only Marvel Studios film that utilized U.S. musicians was The Incredible Hulk using the Northwest Sinfonia, but even that was non-union.

As for The Avengers and Captain America, Silvestri definitely used most of the same musicians from the LSO to record the score. But some of them were contracted from other orchestras, like the London Philharmonic, Pro Arte, and Royal Philharmonic. That's why it's not credited as the LSO.
They probably still got some pretty good musicians to perform, even if it wasn't the entire LSO.

They probably still got some pretty good musicians to perform, even if it wasn't the entire LSO.

Oh definitely. Those UK orchestras I mentioned, their players are just as good (if not a bit better) than the L.A. union players. LSO, LPO, LMO and RPO... all fantastic orchestras and players.

I've been listening to this the past two days, and man I'm really eating crow. Tyler did great, even "Can you dig it" is growing on me. :D

The YT sound just isn't making the music sound robust. I'm going to hold off buying the CD until I hear it properly in the final film.

But the score is very entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"