Iron Man 3 Iron Man 3: More than Meets the Eye...

Not to jump into the discussion you seem to be having or anything, but I've actually got a theory that relates to your extremis/ring powers thing. I think that we'll actually see the true rings down the line, not extremis that somehow provides the exact same powers. I'm thinking we're just getting a more gradual buildup to them. It won't come across as hokey that way, and the rings will likely be modified to have an origin that will fit better into the MCU. I think that, regardless of which Mandarin wields them, he got them/will get them from either Thanos or the Red Skull. I got into this in one of my earlier theories, but I think that Killian was working with or for either Thanos or the Red Skull. That's what the universe image may have meant. A bit coincidental that it looked just like where the Red Skull wound up, no?

Nothing is impossible. Besides “ever since that dude with the hammer fell out of the sky, subtlety’s kind of had its day.” ;D

I think the Red Skull hint (if that's what it was) is more along the lines of "AIM works for/with Hydra."

Rings or not, I like the idea of a superpowered version of Kingsley's Mandarin. Who knows what we'll get in an Iron Man sequel. Even if its 5+ years away.

After a Dr. Strange film, the possibilities are endless!

I think it'd be hilarious if the Mandarin was pulling some Keyser Soze stunt as Trevor and then reveals himself as a mastermind villain and assembles the Masters of Evil in Avengers 2... the anti-twist fanboys will have their minds blown!

This is what I've been thinking. If it was so simple to cast away the Mandarin as actually being Killian, then it would be just as easy for Kingsley's character to take everyone for a true rollercoaster ride.

Honestly, I bet money on this. He was an actor in the movie (which was repeatedly made known to the audience)...the drunken spiel was just a simple ruse ;)

Not to jump into the discussion you seem to be having or anything, but I've actually got a theory that relates to your extremis/ring powers thing. I think that we'll actually see the true rings down the line, not extremis that somehow provides the exact same powers. I'm thinking we're just getting a more gradual buildup to them. It won't come across as hokey that way, and the rings will likely be modified to have an origin that will fit better into the MCU. I think that, regardless of which Mandarin wields them, he got them/will get them from either Thanos or the Red Skull. I got into this in one of my earlier theories, but I think that Killian was working with or for either Thanos or the Red Skull. That's what the universe image may have meant. A bit coincidental that it looked just like where the Red Skull wound up, no?

Yeah, I definitely believe the "star map" Killian accidentally pulled up on his holographic display of his brain was no, well, accident. That had to be an expensive visual for the studio, and probably took a decent amount of time to set up. In other words, it's there for a reason.

Given that the Cosmic Cube has a long and cherished history with AIM in the comics (they were the ones who built the first one), there's an unmistakable link there between MCU and the comics.

I'd just hate for that to develop into the Ten Rings being powered by Infinity Gems, as some have theorized. One: comic-book Mandarin has ten gems, and there's only six Infinity Gems; and two: there is just no way in living hell that Thanos the Frickin' Mad Titan would idly give universal power to some failed scientist on a backwater world like Earth.

If there winds up being a tie between AIM and the Cube, I'd prefer it not to relate to Thanos, or even Asgard. Instead, I'd explain it through HYDRA (which, again, would be canonical, since comic-book AIM was an offshoot of HYDRA): when Schmidt and Zola had the Cube in their possession in Austria or wherever, and were weaponizing its power into all these guns and gadgets, it's conceivable that they could have also drawn up plans for a "homemade" Cube. Somehow, these plans fall into Killian's possession in the 21st century, and they've developed a crude prototype that's not nearly as "pure" as the original, but powerful nonetheless. AIM starts developing new weapons with this Cube 2.0, and they happen to take the shape of ten lovely little rings....Killian returns seemingly from the dead (how do you kill an Extremis immortal, anyway....?), and bam, you've got your comic-book Mandarin, live and in the flesh.

After reading some theories in here, I must say
I did notice Kilian refer to a "master" and AIM seemed to know Trevor was an actor. They could have been using it as a joke throwaway comment, but it easily could mean HYDRA survived and he is working for them. To my knowledge, Cap 2's villainous mastermind has not been revealed, correct? I think Red Skull coming back is very possible. Hell, Pierce may even BE the Red Skull. It would make sense why they got Redford for the role, and it would be very "Dell Rusk"esque of a twist.

I did notice Kilian refer to a "master" and AIM seemed to know Trevor was an actor. They could have been using it as a joke throwaway comment, but it easily could mean HYDRA survived and he is working for them. To my knowledge, Cap 2's villainous mastermind has not been revealed, correct? I think Red Skull coming back is very possible. Hell, Pierce may even BE the Red Skull. It would make sense why they got Redford for the role, and it would be very "Dell Rusk"esque of a twist.

Right. All we know is Arnim Zola is back. Crossbones and Batroc are introduced. And for some reason Pierce is head of SHIELD instead of or alongside Fury.

Many say Zemo, maybe even Strucker. But I guess it is worth putting Red Skull in the mix. I suppose there is no reason he shouldn't be considered.

There really isn't. I'm really interested to see where the MCU goes now. So many possibilities. While I am super hyped for Thor 2, I must say, my appetite for Cap 2 is pretty big(especially after this movie and with the mystery surrounding certain aspects).

Yeah, I'm stoked for Thor 2 because I think it's got a lot more potential to be badass than its predecessor. But Cap 2 should have a lot more answers.

I suppose before either of those we'll be getting the SHIELD show... so maybe we'll get some answers there too.

I'm leaning towards "Alexander Pierce" being a deep-cover mole who usually goes by another "Alexander" --- Lukin.

I'm leaning towards "Alexander Pierce" being a deep-cover mole who usually goes by another "Alexander" --- Lukin.

ah I was just going to say that as well.. Lukin seems like a possibility, and yet another Marvel "twist" of sorts in this Phase... so what's the "twist" going to be in Thor 2? :D ... I see this Phase having a lot of theatricality and deception to quote a little Batman hehe.

I don't think we'll ever get an "accurate" Mandarin. Actually, right now, I'm not really optimistic going forward with Phase 2. I don't think they have any underlying thread going on.

ah I was just going to say that as well.. Lukin seems like a possibility, and yet another Marvel "twist" of sorts in this Phase... so what's the "twist" going to be in Thor 2? :D ... I see this Phase having a lot of theatricality and deception to quote a little Batman hehe.

Darcy was Amora all along. :o

Dunno about a twist, but I'd be willing to bet that Surtur is going to be the big secret that they try to hide in that one.

I don't think we'll ever get an "accurate" Mandarin. Actually, right now, I'm not really optimistic going forward with Phase 2. I don't think they have any underlying thread going on.

I disagree. I think that the Mandarin is likely to return, and when he does he'll probably be a bit more traditional (in the sense that his rings will actually be more heavily acknowledged). I could also see Ultimo or maybe even a true Fin Fang Foom coming with him. Also, there's definitely an underlying thread going on. There was recently something about how we'll find out why SHIELD couldn't get involved in Iron Man 3 when we see Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I disagree. I think that the Mandarin is likely to return, and when he does he'll probably be a bit more traditional (in the sense that his rings will actually be more heavily acknowledged). I could also see Ultimo or maybe even a true Fin Fang Foom coming with him. Also, there's definitely an underlying thread going on. There was recently something about how we'll find out why SHIELD couldn't get involved in Iron Man 3 when we see Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Maybe because they get disbanded during CATWS....? :huh:

I dunno, just spitballing here. The World Security Council certainly has an excuse to do that, if they consider Nick Fury insubordinate for not following their orders to blow up Manhattan in TA1.

Maybe because they get disbanded during CATWS....? :huh:

I dunno, just spitballing here. The World Security Council certainly has an excuse to do that, if they consider Nick Fury insubordinate for not following their orders to blow up Manhattan in TA1.

I know it's unlikely, but I hope all the WSC get fired for nuking Manhattan and Pierce just takes over as the ******* bossing Fury around.

Wasn't it discussed in another thread that they could be tried for war crimes?

I'm thinking it's going to definitely tie into that. Maybe SHIELD is divided? Fury loyalists versus WSC loyalists? Maybe Cap will initially side against Fury (he wasn't happy when he found out about the Destroyer based weapons), but he'll go back to his side if the Winter Soldier is connected to one of the WSC loyalists. Hmm...

oh man.. hope not! haha :D

Dunno about a twist, but I'd be willing to bet that Surtur is going to be the big secret that they try to hide in that one.

Yeah, Surtur seems to be the next route to throw Thor's way, he's going to be getting so serious action in the 3 movies after Thor2, (whatever is in store for them in Avengers2, then Surtur in Thor3, then Thanos and whatever else in Avengers 3... that's a plate full of work haha)

I think Kat Dennings would make an extremely ... um ... Amora.

kat_dennings_05.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"