• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Please Keep 'Mentok' In Your Thoughts/Prayers Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

THWIP*

Avenger
Reaction score
AS SOME OF YOU KNOW, DAVE HAS BEEN ILL FOR SOME TIME, HAVING HAD SURGERY MONTHS BACK, AND IN NEED OF A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT. TODAY, AROUND 6 P.M........WHICH IS ACTUALLY 9 A.M. TUESDAY IN AUSTRALIA, WHERE HE LIVES.......DAVE'S GETTING THE TRANSPLANT, VIA HIS MOTHER.
FOR THOSE WHO ONLY KNOW HIM AS 'MENTOK'.....THE CRAZY AUSSIE WHO, LIKE MYSELF, ENJOYS "ARGUING" WITH PEOPLE OVER STUPID STUFF...... YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT HE'S A GENUINELY NICE, AND FUNNY GUY. IT'S AMAZING THAT HE'S MANAGED TO KEEP IN SUCH GOOD SPIRITS , FUNCTIONING ON ONLY 3% OF ONE KIDNEY.
PLEASE KEEP DAVE, AND HIS "MUM" IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TODAY, AND FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS, AS HE RECOVERS. HOPEFULLY HE'LL BE BACK WITH US IN THE GAMING COMMUNITY SOON.

I'M EXPECTING A PM FROM HIS SISTER, TO UPDATE US ON HIS STATUS ; I'LL POST ANY NEW INFO HERE.

THANKS! :yay:

Haven't talked to him that much, but he seems like a nice guy. I hope all goes well, and considering I'm the resident bastard when it comes to people posting their real-life on the internet, I think that should show I mean it.

I love you, Mentok. Hurry up and get better so we can have a Wii battle royale November 19th. :reylo:

I LOVE THE MENTOK!!!!!!

lower case letters to escape caps block

And here I thought you were going to post some outlandish Gaming news as some kind of a jab at him.

SouLeSS said:
And here I thought you were going to post some outlandish Gaming news as some kind of a jab at him.

WELL, THEY DID ANNOUNCE A SHORTAGE FOR 'WII' IN AUSTRALIA......BUT HE WON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT UNTIL HE GETS BACK. :O

My prayers and best wishes to the green avvy Aussie. :up:

Hey THWIP, how old is Mentok anyway?

Mentok, you're the man. I hope all goes well. :up:

Fenrir said:
My prayers and best wishes to the green avvy Aussie. :up:

Hey THWIP, how old is Mentok anyway?

25........TOO YOUNG TO HAVE WORN OUT KIDNEYS. THAT 'FOSTER'S' MUST BE SOME POTENT S**T. :csad:

We hope to have you back soon Dave. All your pals here are waiting to hear from you again. :csad: :yay:

Thwip, make sure to post updates as you hear them, please.

THWIP* said:
25........TOO YOUNG TO HAVE WORN OUT KIDNEYS. THAT 'FOSTER'S' MUST BE SOME POTENT S**T. :csad:

Damn, you're right. It really is way too early for him to have a kidney transplant. I can't imagine what it must've been like for his mother. :(

Wow, I'm sad to hear this. I hope he gets better.

I'm pretty much the only Games regular he doesn't talk to. :csad:

Anyways, looks like a great time to try out this energy intent meditation thing. :yay:

As much as I find him annoying, I wish him all the best.

Godspeed, dude.

Godspeed.

Get well soon buddy, the hype's game section just wont be quite the same until you return.

This is the worst thing about the Internet. The person behind the screenname is a human being with problems like yourself and with a artificial world like the world wide web, it's easy to forget that.

Good luck Mentok. I hope you will be well.

TheCardPlayer said:
This is the worst thing about the Internet. The person behind the screenname is a human being with problems like yourself and with a artificial world like the world wide web, it's easy to forget that.

Good luck Mentok. I hope you will be well.

THAT'S NOT A BAD THING DUDE.....IT'S JUST LIFE. THE IMPORTANT THING IS RECOGNIZING THAT FACT, AND MAKING AN ATTEMPT TO BREAK THROUGH THAT BARRIER. BETWEEN 'LIVE', MY 'VONAGE' PHONE SERVICE, AND NOW MY '360' CAMERA, I'M ABLE TO BE IN TOUCH WITH PEOPLE THAT I WAS ONLY ABLE TO CHAT/PM WITH HERE AT 'THE HYPE', BEFORE. :up:

Well, I put aside a prayer for Mentok tonight. Yeah, I've "debated" him on occasion, but he still always seemed to be a good sport and a pretty nice guy overall. I can't imagine what a shock it must be to find out that you're kidneys are no good when you're only 25. He's only 5 years older than me, and I know I'd be almost petrified with fear. And I can't imagine the emotional pain this must be putting his mom through, ontop of her having to go through the motions of being an organ donor.

With that said, I pray that both of them will pull through this alright.

Hope all works out well for Mentok and his mom. Get your ass back here safe and soon. :up:

Good luck Mentok, never even knew about this. Seriously, best of luck. :up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back