Poison Ivy Casting Thread

Good point. Actresses with red hair or who usually dye their hair red can convincingly play a variety of characters that are usually depicted with red hair.

Y'know, I think she's lacking in something for Ivy. Fierceness, I think. Always saw her as more a Lois, Vicky, Lana or maybe an older Barbara, though.

Nah, Bryce has got a hell of a lot of range. She can absolutely be believably fierce. Watch The Help or even her episode of Black Mirror.

Haven't seen The Help but I don't think Black Mirror showed what I'm getting at. That was more bottled up frustration rather than fierceness. It's an explosion of emotion but not the kind of attitude Ivy should have.

I don't see it coming to her (Bryce) naturally.

I think I'm sticking with my previous suggestion of Rosamund Pike. She's more proven in this sort of role. Someone who's more in control of her situations.

Good point. Actresses with red hair or who usually dye their hair red can convincingly play a variety of characters that are usually depicted with red hair.

What we're getting at is that she's better suited for more benevolent roles. I actually hadn't noticed that those were all red headed characters until just now. Even Lois as in the DCEU.

Hmm...

Chastain said she's interested, right? I know she's sort of the "typical fan cast" but if she's interested, I say sign her up.

She's a great actress and casting her would please a ton of fans

Chastain said she's interested, right? I know she's sort of the "typical fan cast" but if she's interested, I say sign her up.

She was asked about it and gave a typical "if it's a good role" answer. Meaning nothing, really.

My question is.. is she perfect for the role? Or is she just the most popular red headed actress at the moment?

Both.

Her looks make her an easy suggestion for the role but she's one of the best actresses right now. Ivy wouldn't be too much trouble for her. A little of Crimson Peak and a little of A Most Violent Year and she's done.

Haven't seen The Help but I don't think Black Mirror showed what I'm getting at. That was more bottled up frustration rather than fierceness. It's an explosion of emotion but not the kind of attitude Ivy should have.

I don't see it coming to her (Bryce) naturally.

I think I'm sticking with my previous suggestion of Rosamund Pike. She's more proven in this sort of role. Someone who's more in control of her situations.

She handled it naturally in the Help & I know BM was more angst filled but still. All in all, I still feel she has the range to tackle just about any role & that she could pull off Poison Ivy no problem.

But to each their own...I do like the Rosamund Pike suggestion, though.

gotham-city-sirens-bryce-dallas-howard-poison-ivy.jpg

I gotta say, after seeing this I can peg Bryce for this role even more than I already have.

Oh yes! At last, an actress either having or depicted with red hair! Surely this is our pick for Poison Ivy or Batgirl, who are customarily depicted as having red hair!

Well, she doesn't necessarily have to have a red hair... an actress that is regularly dyeing her hair in such color should also be taken into account almost as much as a natural red-headed actress would. I mean, lets be open-minded and exercise some flexibility here.

Actresses that never had their hair red (either naturally or by product) are out of the question, of course.

In exceptional circumstances (Photoshop), a non-red-headed actress for whom there is no photographic record of her hair being dyed red may be considered for the role of either (the traditionally red-headed) Poison Ivy or Bat girl. But this is subject to evidence (Photoshop) submitted by a Hypester of no less than 15,000 posts' experience that the actress in questions' hair appears acceptable when red.

For the avoidance of doubt, an appropriate redness of hair (within reasonable tolerances) is the variable which must prove most determinative in selecting the actress to play the role.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not as big a deal as some make it out to be but Bryce having red-hair is definitely icing on the cake when you factor in her having the talent to deliver a good performance with the role.

In exceptional circumstances (Photoshop), a non-red-headed actress for whom there is no photographic record of her hair being dyed red may be considered for the role of either (the traditionally red-headed) Poison Ivy or Bat girl. But this is subject to evidence (Photoshop) submitted by a Hypester of no less than 15,000 posts' experience that the actress in questions' hair appears acceptable when red.

For the avoidance of doubt, an appropriate redness of hair (within reasonable tolerances) is the variable which must prove most determinative in selecting the actress to play the role.

Ah, but what you're referring to should fall under clause no 460 (L'Oréal "cherry red"), in which empirical evidence of actual red-headedness, consisting of two or more witnesses, is being negated for the purpose of giving non-professional informants (who may or may not be hairdressers) the right to provide evidence in form of a picture, and by doing so, claim the capability of actress in question to play a red-headed character, while retaining their status as authorized parties on the matter. Number of posts being the factually proven element of utmost importance, of course.

Bryce Dallas Howard has been my pick for years and if DC were smart they would cast her as Poison Ivy

I note that she appears to have red hair :up:

Not that it is matters now, but if Nolan were still in charge, my feeling is Chastain would have been his pick for Ivy.

Go against an actress just because she has red hair is just as bad as choosing an actress just because she has red hair.

Bryce Dallas Howard has been my pick for years and if DC were smart they would cast her as Poison Ivy

Out of pretty much all of the suggestions, she is the best actress of the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"