The Gifted POLARIS the Magnetic Mutant - The Emma Dumont Thread

I don't think the movies really need to acknowledge the show. They will be dealing with different things and the show has its own storyline.

I don't see Polaris being used in the movies anytime soon either. Not the adult version anyway.

I don't think the movies really need to acknowledge the show. They will be dealing with different things and the show has its own storyline.

I don't see Polaris being used in the movies anytime soon either. Not the adult version anyway.

it has been said the shows are using characters they have no plans for the films.

it has been said the shows are using characters they have no plans for the films.

That doesn't surprise me. I imagine in the movies we will only see Polaris in child/teenager form. This way it won't mess with the show and vice versa.

That doesn't surprise me. I imagine in the movies we will only see Polaris in child/teenager form. This way it won't mess with the show and vice versa.

i don't think we will see polaris in films.if magneto ever has another child in films i think they will do their version of scarlet witch.

i don't think we will see polaris in films.if magneto ever has another child in films i think they will do their version of scarlet witch.

Yeah it seems they are more interested in SW and QS rather than Polaris. But as long as Polaris gets plenty of focus on the show I don't mind that.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems they are more interested in SW and WAS rather than Polaris. But as long as Polaris gets plenty of focus on the show I don't mind that.

Marvel Entertainment reduced her status markedly from the early to mid 2000s to the extent Nix wasn’t originally going to even have her in a larger role then girlfriend to Eclipse which he said as much in interviews, but looked deeper into the material and saw much more potential.

Frankly I think everyone involved was surprised she was as popular she was as early on it was the Strucker family full stop as the promotional leads and then probably Blink and then Eclipse and Lorna among what they were treating as the second tier family.

If Polaris continues to build into a household name over the next two to three years she will be in a movie in time even if that time might be 5-10 years away or longer.

Right now the x-women in the films are pretty much the ones who got the big push and development by Claremont in the 70s and 80s. The Gifted is doing for Lorna what really only one writer on the core x-books and 2-3 writers on satellite titles ever tried to do for the character as in actually giving her one.

‘The Gifted’: A Deep Dive Into Viewer and Advertiser Data Surrounding Fox’s New Hit

Although it’s still early in the 2017-18 TV season, Fox seems to have a promising new show on its hands: The Gifted, which expands on Marvel’s X-Men franchise and follows a family on the run from the government because their kids have mutant abilities.

B&C worked with Inscape.tv, the TV data company with glass-level information from 7 million smart TV screens and devices, to reveal live-viewership trends during the first three episodes. Also below: brand and advertising data courtesy of iSpot.tv and a look at fans’ emotional reactions via Canvs.

There have been 16,006 Emotional Reactions (ERs) on social media to episodes of The Gifted so far, according to Canvs, the emotion measurement company. Love has been the most prominent emotion, appearing in 29.9% of all ERs about the show. Many fans have also been expressing excitement (18.2%) and enjoyment (16.%), while some have been talking about how crazy the show is (5.6%).

The character Polaris, who also goes by Lorna Dane and is portrayed by Emma Dumont, has been the most-mentioned so far. Not only are fans loving her abilities, which include controlling magnetism, they think she’s just beautiful.

There are seven episodes remaining in the season, so stay tuned to see if The Gifted remains the gift that keeps on giving for Fox.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...ertiser-data-surrounding-fox-s-new-hit/169512

c9666aaa-2045-48b5-81f0-3129814b5b53.png~original

Last edited:
Polaris would show up in a film once someone from the creative team wants to use her. Dofp didn't stop Sunspot to appear in New Mutants. Apocalypse didn't stop Caliban to appear in Logan...

Polaris would show up in a film once someone from the creative team wants to use her. Dofp didn't stop Sunspot to appear in New Mutants. Apocalypse didn't stop Caliban to appear in Logan...

Increased visibility and popularity helps a great deal in that regard. That said Singer had both Lorna and Wanda on his radar going back in 2013. Whatever he was planning there doesn’t matter too much now.

First things first: that cute little girl you see above sitting on Quicksilver's lap in a scene from 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' is not Scarlet Witch. When that image was first revealed, fans immediately began speculating that the little girl was a version of Wanda Maximoff, but director Bryan Singer has confirmed that's not her, while adding that Scarlet Witch almost was in the movie.

Singer: I had a line which I cut, where Quicksilver’s mother says to the little girl, 'Go up and bug your sister,' and the little girl says, 'She bugs me!' You never see the older sister, but it was to imply that there is an older sister for comic book fans. I ended up cutting it.

http://screencrush.com/scarlet-witch-x-men-days-of-future-past/

Just so glad Polaris is in something at last.

As usual, everything Singer cuts winds up interesting to the plot. The Rogue cut being one of them.

I did not know this, but apparently today is Emma Dumont's birthday.

Funny little video to her getting a gift of an X-Men comic cover featuring Polaris on it.

https://twitter.com/MalecEclipse/status/930799270508355584

That is not just any comic that is the ‘Queen of Mutants’ issue that came out 49 years ago this month which was her big introduction to the X-Men in 1968 though she had a tiny role in the previous issue.

8cd1dbdc-5b7f-48da-87a2-dca75185bbba.png~original

Last edited:
Seeing her in the show really makes me want a version of her to appear in the films one day.

Or, heck, just take her version. Wouldn't happen, I'm aware, though Emma Dumont did say during a Twitter Q&A that she'd be up for her version of Polaris interacting with the characters in the movies.

And my mistake. I wasn't familiar with that comic cover, but in that regard. That's a pretty cool gift.

Yeah, I love when the person playing the part is really into it and helps promote it.

Or, heck, just take her version. Wouldn't happen, I'm aware, though Emma Dumont did say during a Twitter Q&A that she'd be up for her version of Polaris interacting with the characters in the movies.

And my mistake. I wasn't familiar with that comic cover, but in that regard. That's a pretty cool gift.
Has any TV to film crossover ever happened in X/DC/MCU? I don't think it has yet but it could be interesting to see if it worked one day.

The closest that's happened is characters from the MCU films appearing in Agents of SHIELD, and even that's a stretch. The biggest outside of Coulson, since it's his show, might be Nick Fury, but it's all one-sided as nothing that happens in the shows has any impact in the films. Even the Civil War writers, for example, mentioned they knew next to nothing about the Inhumans stuff being introduced in SHIELD.

The closest that's happened is characters from the MCU films appearing in Agents of SHIELD, and even that's a stretch. The biggest outside of Coulson, since it's his show, might be Nick Fury, but it's all one-sided as nothing that happens in the shows has any impact in the films. Even the Civil War writers, for example, mentioned they knew next to nothing about the Inhumans stuff being introduced in SHIELD.

Yeah, will be very interesting if any of the TV universes ever have an element that breaks through to the film side. I think the films should be able to take the good and ignore the bad. They probably just don't want the film's side beholden to anything that happens on the TV side as TV shows get through so much plot and supporting characters and villains over a number of seasons.

Yeah, will be very interesting if any of the TV universes ever have an element that breaks through to the film side. I think the films should be able to take the good and ignore the bad. They probably just don't want the film's side beholden to anything that happens on the TV side as TV shows get through so much plot and supporting characters and villains over a number of seasons.

If a character hits critical mass in terms of popularity it will happen, especially in regard to the Fox films. The MCU is much more concerned with continuity problems between the various things they are doing then the FCU for good and bad.

I think Polaris has already reached a level of popularity well beyond what Fox and Marvel expected. They weren't expecting the character and actress to be headlining USA Today's life section and early on seemed to view Blink as the character from the second tier mutants they seemed to think would be most popular.

5d52b351-2ae6-420d-8a59-93f5b0b5d286.png~original

Yeah, I love when the person playing the part is really into it and helps promote it.

It most certainly does as Fox very much likes things like what Emma went out with this Halloween and got a fair bit of attention for.

cf603293-1424-42d8-aa26-b25ca35600fd.png~original

That's cool that she's being featured like that and she is the ideal type of person for fans to follow. Hopefully she can make that push for the step up.

I think their civilian clothes look fits the setting as anything to gaudy or eyecatching would make them stick out like sore thumbs when on missions out and about; that being said I would not be opposed to them getting some good fortune and acquiring a little Kevlar, maybe some ceramic plates (or whatever bodyarmor they use in the gifted) that could be made into personalized uniforms for the most important combat members like Eclipse, Lorna, Thunderbird, Polaris, Lauren, and Andy. Maybe they could take advantage of mutants like Forge who don't seem to be in the works for the movies and use them to help scrounge up some basic protective equipment for a few of the Mutant Underground.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"