The Gifted POLARIS the Magnetic Mutant - The Emma Dumont Thread

From the latest, all-new FoX promo, see the gen discussion thread for details:

Polaris_volando_1.gif

kiss.gif

2 more (from previously released footage), with a shout-out & MEGA-thanX to the WONDERFULLY devoted & resourceful crew over @ the CBR X-Forum, for many of these super-cool images I keep posting! :bow: :applaud

polaris_cast1.gif

Polaris_cast2.gif

Last edited:
I know some fans really wanted to see Polaris levitate, and it seems like Nix and his team wanted it too! Glad to see it’s gonna happen.

This is pretty exciting to finally see a live action version of Polaris.

I just popped in to laugh at how everyone went ballistic when Polaris didn't have green hair right away.

Here's hoping this is a quality show, looking forward to it.

It’s October and that means Lorna Dane as a character had 49 years since her creation in the comics as of this month.

For her 49th anniversary it will be quite interesting as the outside world who knows little about the comics and might never have watched WATXM will get a chance to know the character.

If things go well in a year it will make for an even better 50th anniversary.

I would love to see this show in that setting - wow lucky you! The sound effects and screen must have made it a great experience for this show we have been waiting for these past months.

Well some of it still had the time stamping of when the scene was done and when the special effects was put in. It was a raw cut though still quite good.

Tons of reviews and comments.

Lorna “Polaris” Dane is definitely A-list. She first appeared in “The X-Men” comics in 1968, and has, off and on, been a big gun on a variety of X-teams in the decades since. She is the daughter of Magneto, and has his magnetic powers. She was featured in the “Wolverine and the X-Men” animated series. She dated Alex “Havok” Summers, the brother of Cyclops, for years. Oh, and she has distinctive green hair. She’ll be played by Emma Dumont on “Gifted,” complete with emerald tresses

http://www.newportindependent.com/e...in-comics-get-to-know-new-mutants-from-gifted

The show also draws characters from 50-plus years of X-Men comic-book lore that deepen its relevance, Nix says. Super-strong Thunderbird (Blair Redford) is “someone who’s steeped in Native American (history) in the United States and the parallels to what’s going on with mutants are clear to him,” while Polaris (Emma Dumont), a young mistress of magnetism, is a conflicted girl who’s historically been a hero and a villain “and both things are very alive in her.”

Dumont can’t stand when people like Polaris are written off as “crazy,” she says. “Yeah, she’s manic and she gets depressed and has impulse-control problems, but she can still be a hero and a strong woman.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...d-puts-modern-spin-x-men-metaphor/717655001/#

I just popped in to laugh at how everyone went ballistic when Polaris didn't have green hair right away.

I certainly didn’t, Lorna’s very first issue she had her hair dyed.

... there is some awareness she is Magneto’s daughter – I mean, her powers certainly are like Magneto’s,” Nix continued. “That’s something we will be exploring as time goes on, but more towards the end of the season, when some of these ideas and suspicions come to the fore. She has to confront, ‘OK, if that’s the case, what does it mean?’ The idea is there are challenges and opportunities with that. In some ways, it might divide her from her friends. In other ways, does she accept the mantle of her birthright? Is it her job to be Magneto in his absence?”...

LESS THAN:

polaris_2.gif

... days, now, 'TIL:

vuelo2.gif

:hubba: :ilv:
:jd: :db: :awesome: :pcg:

Last edited:
I thought she was underused in the pilot. At least she's flying. But they could use more of her instead of that Strucker clan.

ComicBook.com, How That Big Reveal In 'The Gifted' Premiere Affects Polaris
... The Gifted premiered on Fox last night and wasted no time in throwing life-changing moments at its cast of characters.

That’s particularly true for Lorna Dane, the mutant revolutionary known as Polaris who founded the Atlanta cell of the mutant underground. In addition to being captured by the police, Lorna discovered that she is pregnant with her and her boyfriend Marcos “Eclipse” Diaz’s child.

“I think she’s someone who runs off endurance and what she thinks is right and wrong and is very much an ‘eye for an eye’ type of girl on whatever she has to do,” Emma Dumont, who plays Polaris on The Gifted, tells ComicBook.com. “So I think having a small, mutant baby inside of her, I think for a normal person it would make her be more cautious, but I think it's the total reverse where she’s like, ‘I have something in the world to care about and now I’m going to fight even harder,’ and that is probably pretty dangerous.” ...

The rest has some pretty cool Blink-related reveals, and I'll post them in her thread.

The family adds an innocent touch. Much like Bobby Drake's in X2 and Jubilee's in TAS.

She's a charming actress and she really stood out.

Gonna dig seeing Reed and Lorna in prison together. That's gonna be a very dramatic second episode and will really give both of them stuff to do while they're away from the big action it seems.

It'll also be interesting to see Lorna deal without her powers as well.

The dynamic between Lorna & Reed does indeed hold much potential, and if played right, could prove to be a linchpin for the series long-term. Atmospherically, the cat & mouse like chess games-***-philosophical discussions of Mags & Xavier, are brought to mind.

I feel like they will be compared to Prof. X and Magneto down the line. Their scenes are excellent together. Lorna definitely has Erik's rage on point.

I feel like they will be compared to Prof. X and Magneto down the line. Their scenes are excellent together. Lorna definitely has Erik's rage on point.

I think they will have Thunderbird in the mutant Charles Xavier’s torch role as the co-team leader where things could schism, but Reed brings with him a sort of heft to his character aided by the acting chops of Moyer that allows him to have a pretty good intellectual back and forth with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"