• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

[Poll] Upcoming DC villians on Smallville

The problem is, again, they said the villian won't likely be tied to Lex.

That rules Metallo out right there.

/\ Most likely means, no firms plans yet. Villains COULD or COULD NOT be allied with Lex- not that the villains WILL NOT be allied with Lex. Difference. So, Metallo isn't out- there has been no word one way or another if some of these VILLAINS (they'll be more than 1 DC Villain, note the plural form and not singular) will be connected to Lex.

Well if so, then Lex wont have anything to do with Metallos creation.

Maybe he'll be a meteor freak ;)

Why can't Lex create Metallo? :huh:

I don't think Myx was a high school kid who was organized underground bets, either. But, they did that...

Did Brainiac really come as Clark's college professor? Because if he did, that's unexpected...

All these changes to iconic villains, leaves me with one and only one question:

Why can't Metallo be created by Lex?

Because Gough said the villian wont have anything to do with Lex. Why would he say that if he had Metallo in mind?

They didn't say they had any villains in mind. They're looking to encorporate DC VILLAINS - probably only have that idea right now, DC Villains- into the next season.

Please note the correct phrasing of the quote:

"We'll see some DC villains. I don't think they'll be allied with Lex. But we'll definitely see Clark battle DC Comics foes."

That means that they haven't come up with a firm plan yet and that ANYTHING is possible. In this point of the development process. There is no word one way or another, may or may not be allied with Lex.

Ex:

"They won't be allied with Lex."

Vs.

"I don't think they'll be allied with Lex."

See the difference? One means finite, the other means we're currently in the early developmental stage of planning everything out. HUGE difference- in the world of television.

------------

Jo, on 'Supernatural' was originally brought in as a love interest. But, soon Kripke saw that didn't work and changed that idea radically.

To bring it closer to home:

Adam Knight, supposedly, was originally brought in as a young Bruce Wayne- but that didn't go that far before they had to change it.

Catch my drift? Developmental stage- nothing laid in stone and everything subject to change. Thus, "I don't think" and not "They won't be."

----------

Thus, you don't THINK Lex will create Metallo. It IS a possibility. Not Lex WON'T create Metallo, because that's still up in the air- "I don't think."

Can I vote "None of the Above"? ;)

Yeah and how come Titano isn't on the list?

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Interviews-Features/Article/default.aspx?posting={5B38FA3B-0516-4F04-B348-D7B0899F6C0C}

And could you give a quick "yes," "no" or "maybe" to the possibilities of the following: Mon-El, the return of Brainiac, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Bizarro Clark, and a true alternate-universe episode. — Derfel85

Gough: And to answer your last question: yes, no, no, yes, B, D, maybe.... Oh, heck, I was never very good with standardized tests!!

Did a quick search on Mon-El:

mon-el.jpg

Mon-El is a native of the planet Daxam and is a longtime friend of Superman. His real name is Lar Gand and he is fully aware that Clark Kent is secretly Superman.
  • Arriving on the planet Earth while Superman was still a teen-ager in Smallville (see Superboy), Mon-El discovered that, in the alien environment of Earth, he possessed super-powers identical to Superman's. Soon afterward, however, he was completely robbed of his super-powers as the result of a potentially fatal overexposure to lead, which affects Daxamites in the same manner as Kryptonite affects Kryptonians.
  • To halt the physical deterioration wrought by the lead poisoning and thus save Mon-El's life, Superboy (the young Superman) projected his friend into the Phantom Zone. He will remain there unaging, until the thirtieth century A.D., when, thanks to a special "antidote serum" developed by Brainiac 5, he will be released from the Phantom Zone permanently to assume a regular role in the Legion of Super-Heroes.[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Interviews-Features/Article/default.aspx?posting={5B38FA3B-0516-4F04-B348-D7B0899F6C0C}

And could you give a quick "yes," "no" or "maybe" to the possibilities of the following: Mon-El, the return of Brainiac, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Bizarro Clark, and a true alternate-universe episode. — Derfel85

Gough: And to answer your last question: yes, no, no, yes, B, D, maybe.... Oh, heck, I was never very good with standardized tests!!

Did a quick search on Mon-El:

mon-el.jpg

Mon-El is a native of the planet Daxam and is a longtime friend of Superman. His real name is Lar Gand and he is fully aware that Clark Kent is secretly Superman.
  • Arriving on the planet Earth while Superman was still a teen-ager in Smallville (see Superboy), Mon-El discovered that, in the alien environment of Earth, he possessed super-powers identical to Superman's. Soon afterward, however, he was completely robbed of his super-powers as the result of a potentially fatal overexposure to lead, which affects Daxamites in the same manner as Kryptonite affects Kryptonians.
  • To halt the physical deterioration wrought by the lead poisoning and thus save Mon-El's life, Superboy (the young Superman) projected his friend into the Phantom Zone. He will remain there unaging, until the thirtieth century A.D., when, thanks to a special "antidote serum" developed by Brainiac 5, he will be released from the Phantom Zone permanently to assume a regular role in the Legion of Super-Heroes.[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

Actually he was the Superman character of the Legion given that Superboy appeared really as only a guest star. He has all the same powers.

Out of all of Superman's villians the only ones I think they could pull off are Brainiac and Bizarro,and they've already done Brainiac.I think a Bizarro episode would be a great action packed episode.This would be another great just fun episode like Justice where Clark and Bizarro would ultimately end up fighting in a huge epic battle.I think this could be one of the greatest episodes ever if done right.

Actually, in Seasons 2 and 3, there was a whole story arc concerning Clark's blood. That's why I think they're ripe for a Bizarro episode. Since the Luthor's already have experience with cloning (Emily Dunsmore, anyone?), Lex could reveal that he still has one of Helen's vials of blood. The clone can be deformed enough that he doesn't recognize Bizarro as Clark's clone.

I think it was Dinsmore, not Dunsmore. No biggie...

As Bizarro (rather than having Clark in makeup):
Bruce Campbell, Brandon Routh, or Jensen Ackles!!!
(Hey, gotta keep trying for all of my faves :-> )

If I thought Nicolas Cage could act AT ALL, I'd suggest him just because he's so wrong for Superman no matter how much he wanted the role. Bizarro fits him much better.

If he were taller, you know Jerry Seinfeld would jump at the chance to do something Superman. I'm surprised he hasn't shown up on the show yet! He's too short to be credible as Bizarro, but how about as Toyman or just some random bad guy? Or the Riddler, given his line of work...

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/I...osting={5B38FA3B-0516-4F04-B348-D7B0899F6C0C}Did a quick search on Mon-El:
mon-el.jpg

• To halt the physical deterioration wrought by the lead poisoning and thus save Mon-El's life, Superboy (the young Superman) projected his friend into the Phantom Zone. ...

This would, sadly, quickly turn into a groaner. Remember how the SV cast talks. We'd get a scene like this in the barn:

Chloe, AC, and Bart are joking around in the Kent barn. Clark enters the barn with Mon-El and introduces him as they walk in.
Clark [looks at Mon-El; turns eagerly to Chloe, AC, and Bart]: "Lar, I'd like you to meet my friends Chloe, AC, and Bart. [gestures to Mon-El] I call him Mon-El."
Chloe [smiles; nods to Mon-El]: "Hey, Mon."
AC [waves to Mon-El, smiling]: "Hey, Mon-dude!"
Impulse [to Mon-El, happily; walks over]: "Mon-duuuuuuude! Dude!"
Clark [to his other friends]: "His name is Mon-El. Well, his real name is Lar Gand, but I consider him to be family, so I call him Mon-El."
Impulse [stops walking; to Clark]: "Gar Land? Really?"
[to Mon-El:] Dude. Your parents must have hated you."
Clark [to Bart at first, then in general]: "Lar Gand. LAR. GAND. Not Garland."
Impulse [shrugging at Clark]: "Whatever. Garland, Lar Gand, Gar-Dude. Not Lara or Lana or Lois, anyway; I got that much right." [wicked grin at Clark]
Impulse [holds his hand out to Mon-El, in a friendly way]: "Nice to meet you, Mon. Really."
Clark: "Lar Gand. Or Mon-El. C'mon, Bart." [eyes pleading for Bart to behave himself]
Impulse [singing; keeping out of Clark's reach]: "Mony, mony, mony, MONY!"
Clark [to Bart, while trying to catch him]: "C'mon, Bart, you're being rude. [clenched teeth] Really rude."

Ollie and Cyborg walk in. Clark looks up.
Clark [to Ollie & Cyborg, with relief]: "Hey, guys. This is a good friend of mine; we go way back. Oliver, Victor, this is Mon-El, aka. Gar Land. I mean Lar Gand."
Clark [turns to Mon-El, wincing; angry face at Bart:]Sorry!
Cyborg: "Hey, nice to meet you, Gar. Lar. Sorry. Mon-El?"
Ollie [shaking Mon-El's hand, joking, big friendly grin at Mon-El]: "So Clark's got friends, eh? ..."
Impulse [interrupting]: "Large End! El Dude!" [speeds away, out of the barn, with Clark shooting nasty looks after him]
[Clark gives Mon-El an apologetic look]

AC [trying to be friendly]: "Where're you from, Mon?"
Mon-El: "Daxam."
[lots of blank stares. Beat. They all try to break the silence.]
Cyborg: "Where's that?"

Darkseid and Doomsday are to big for Smallville .. Doomsday needs one entire movie and Darkseid need atleast two

Depending on the Smallville budget, I can see just a few villiains into the series:

- Corben, pre-metallo or in fact Metallo (since Cyborg has already appeared on the show)

- Parasite as a sort of FOTW.

- Toyman

- Bloodsport

- Bizarro (perhaps only if they would make up Tom to make it so.)

Don't feel like going through every post. Has Granny Goodness been suggested? She's the best.

My vote goes to Lobo and here is why:

Bizarro: Is created or introduced after Clark becomes Superman, and even though they could still have a clone of Clark introduced who is mutated and not fully developed, they have done this on the Superboy TV show. So Bizarro would be cool, but not my first choice.

Darkseid: Has to be the main villian in at least one, maybe two, epic Superman movies. To get the level of character development, story development, and special effects and make up, it can only be done in a movie. I can really see a huge budget movie where Darkseid invades Earth and Superman is almost totally outmatched by Darkseid alone. but I can't see this on Smallville. Its too big of a story. Maybe if they ever did a Smallville movie as the last episode where Clark finally becomes Superman, but is tempted by or must face Darkseid, but not on the regular show.

Eradicator: I am not too farmiliar with Eradictor, if he is who I think he is (the spirit of Krypton who takes over Clark and reveals to him what Krypton was like) then yes he could be on Smallville, might be really cool too. I'd like to see Clark, possesesed by the Eradicator, start dressing Kryptonian, speaking Kryptonian, and acting like it too, and we can see Clark see what life was like and learn more about Krypton.

Metallo: Metallo was already done on Lois and Clark, even though it wasn't done as good as I hoped. I think it would be cool, but it is true it would probably take too much special effects. Plus he would be a cool movie villian. But maybe they should do someone who hasn't been done already.

Parasite: Parasite is cool to, but they already had an episode of Smallville similar to him. the one where the actor who played Iceman in the X-Men movie played this guy who took Clark's powers from him.
So it might be too similar of an idea.

Doomsday: Doomsday again is another epic villian who can't be done on a TV show, he is a movie bad guy. Plus he shouldn't be introduced until Clark becomes Superman and has a huge reputation of being unstoppable.

The Cyborg: Cyborg Superman? He shouldn't be intoruced until Clark is Superman, and if he is not a Superman Cyborg but just a cyborg for Smallville then why not just have Metallo?

Mongul: While Mongul would be really really cool for Smallville, in an episode where Clark is abducted and forced into mortal combat for Mogul's fun, and Clark discovers the full limits of his powers and discovers alot about himself and his personal limits or something,
The character of Mongul and his War World would take way too much special effects for it to work on a TV show, and then is probably way too similar to Darkseid for a movie (for fans who don't know the comics).
I hope he can be used on the movies or TV somehow though.
Or maybe Mongul uses one of those plants that makes the person see whatever they want to dream, from the story "What to get the Man who has Everything?"
Clark can dream about his father being alive again, and him being on Krypton and so on. But still too much special effects.

Intergang: These guys sort of initiate the arrival of Darksied, Darkseid gives common thugs on Earth the super high tech weapons of the future that almost seem like magic in order for them to create chaos and get Earth ready for him. So while these guys may work on Smallville, even without Darkseid, it hints at Darkseid's arrival and eventually he would need to show up. And again I don't think he is meant for the small screen.

Toyman: Toy Man might be cool, he worked on the animated series really well, but he might be needed for the movies (Superman doesn't have as many well known bad guys as Batman or Spider-Man) plus they already did Toyman on Lois and Clark, so maybe they should use someone else.

Lobo: Lobo is definately the man I would use for the next bad guy. For so many reasons. First he would be a cool contrasting character for Clark to meet. He is like the anti- Clark. While Clark hides and uses his powers to help and just wants to be normal, Lobo does whatever he wants no matter who is around and what the outcome is. He can also do whatever Clark can do, and like Martian Manhunter or Clark he is the last of his planet. but he is the opposite of these two.
He could also be done with limited makeup too. Just make his skin very very pale, give him long dirty black hair and a biker mustache, and maybe black tattoos under his eyes. and when he removes his sun glasses he has blood red alien eyes.
Plus it would be cool to see these two as live people, and that WONT happen in the movies. So it would be cool to see on Smallville.

So my vote goes to the Eradicator or LOBO

Do they need to show him? I mean Clark should not fight Darkseid till he is Superman, but that Darkseid can start trying to take over his world.

Well, he would need to be introduced in some capacity, otherwise there's no reason for the show to have anything to do with Darkseid.

And while I agree that the S:tAS approach (shadowy introduction) is a good way to do Darkseid justice with a reasonable amount of money, I think there's one thing here that you guys seem to be forgetting.

If you introduce Darkseid in any capacity - whether it be a shadowy figure a la the Martian Manhunter in Static or merely having a couple of his followers show up a la the Kryptonians from Commencement/Arrival, the audience is eventually going to want follow-up. An audience watches, and sees a big shadowy figure or hears the name "Darkseid" thrown about, and they assume it's for a reason. They assume there's going to be payoff.

Obviously, Smallville can't do this without seriously altering the character (Jinx, anyone?) to the point where he becomes DINO (Darkseid in name only).

The S:tAS example is a valid one, except for the fact that later on Darkseid became a major force in the series. From that tease of Bruno Mannheim staring up at the stony monstrosity, Darkseid eventually became arguably THE villain of the series - and by the time the final episodes started to roll around, there was no doubt that Darkseid was second only to Lex Luthor - if anyone - in this interpretation of the mythos.

Smallville can't do that. They cannot - absolutely CAN NOT - do the character any kind of justice whatsoever.

Which means they need to avoid him at all costs.

Similar arguments can be made about Doomsday and Mongul.

Well, he would need to be introduced in some capacity, otherwise there's no reason for the show to have anything to do with Darkseid.

And while I agree that the S:tAS approach (shadowy introduction) is a good way to do Darkseid justice with a reasonable amount of money, I think there's one thing here that you guys seem to be forgetting.

If you introduce Darkseid in any capacity - whether it be a shadowy figure a la the Martian Manhunter in Static or merely having a couple of his followers show up a la the Kryptonians from Commencement/Arrival, the audience is eventually going to want follow-up. An audience watches, and sees a big shadowy figure or hears the name "Darkseid" thrown about, and they assume it's for a reason. They assume there's going to be payoff.

Obviously, Smallville can't do this without seriously altering the character (Jinx, anyone?) to the point where he becomes DINO (Darkseid in name only).

The S:tAS example is a valid one, except for the fact that later on Darkseid became a major force in the series. From that tease of Bruno Mannheim staring up at the stony monstrosity, Darkseid eventually became arguably THE villain of the series - and by the time the final episodes started to roll around, there was no doubt that Darkseid was second only to Lex Luthor - if anyone - in this interpretation of the mythos.

Smallville can't do that. They cannot - absolutely CAN NOT - do the character any kind of justice whatsoever.

Which means they need to avoid him at all costs.

Similar arguments can be made about Doomsday and Mongul.
I agree with what your saying but really SV can't use any DC Villian with out making them INO (In Name Only). I mean look at Zod to be honest the only person done right was Brainiac. Also this is SV we're talking about so comic history will more then likely be thrown out the window. Thats the only reason why I say these people work because SV doesn't really look at the comic history.

I'm a little concerned about bringing DC villains on the show. I mean, they can't even display all of Clark's abilities other than strength and speed nowadays, how can they do a villain's powers justice?

I'd go with Bizarro and Parasite. Bizarro could work out pretty well. I remember I wrote an idea for a Connor Kent/Bizarro two parter a long time ago.

Looks like the Goughlar confirmed they are going with Bizzaro Clark

hmm... Intergang's an interesting option.. Morgan Edge has appeared already, right?

anyway.. I guess we'll see.. but I can't see Bizarro, since that would lead to "Okay, Clark, so that wasn't you who robbed the bank and brutalized a bunch of old women on camera? prove it!"

I could see them adapting the Bizarro concept as some 'Gothic' version of Clark.

Very pale with long black hair and a black trenchcoat.

b2009 how could we have forgotten solomon grundy he was after all born on a monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"