Sequels The Official X-Men 4 Thread

I want an X-Men 4 and a First Class 2. But I'm not sure how likely that is.

I'm suprised people are genuinely hoping for an X4. Most of the old cast is a bit old now. Also the franchise wasn't in a great shape when the Rat seized it.

That's precisely why I WANT an X4. No matter how good these First Class movies may be, chronologically, the X-Men cinematic story will have ended on an extremely sour note to me. And I don't think there was much resolution at all. I mean, Magneto's attack on Alcatraz surely led to a human/mutant fallout. It's the perfect lead-in to Days of Future Past or Operation Wideawake.

I don't see the problem with the cast being older. Pick up X-Men 4 several years down the line, and problem solved.

I'd much prefer an X4 to Second Class. Prequels can never be as interesting, and always trample continuity.

I think Cyclops definitely needs to return. Marsden is such a great actor. The fact that he could convey that much emotion from behind shades or a visor is a credit to his ability. Especially given what little he's been given.

I think they could take several routes for an X4.

Like Superman Returns, disregard X3 and pick up years after X2... though highly unlikely.

Find a way to undo the damage done in X3. This is fairly easy. It's already been hinted that the cure is not permanent. So Rogue, could come back stronger than ever having accidentally absorbed Carol Danvers powers when her powers inexplicably return. Mystique could return as an X-Man, having been betrayed by Magneto. Cyclops could have been kidnapped by Sinister and there could possibly be a cloned Jean. The thing is, there is no reason for Jean to be unconscious when they find her in X3. Something must have happened during or after that kiss.

Do a complete alternate reality like AGE OF APOCALYPSE. And when it ends, the world returns to a pre-X3 era.

To be completely honest I wouldn't mind a reboot as long as Marsden, Stewart, Jackman and McKellan return. Marsden was cast on the younger side so he has many good Cyclops years left in him.

Guess we'll see if it ever happens.

I'm suprised people are genuinely hoping for an X4. Most of the old cast is a bit old now. Also the franchise wasn't in a great shape when the Rat seized it.

I'll much rather an X-men First Class sequel or reboot.

Too old?!

Anna Paquin is doing True Blood. Shawn Ashmore, Ellen Page, Ben Foster are all still young looking.

Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman look great for their age.

I think Mystique, Jean Grey and Magneto should not come back anymore.

My cast for X-Men 4
Wolverine
Storm
Rogue
Colossus (new actor)
Angel
Iceman
Psylocke

Villains
Apocalypse and some mutants (not the Four Horsemen)

:up:

But it would be interesting if Angel was captured at the end of X4... making him the main villain in X5 as ArchAngel.

So Sinister in X4, Four Horsemen in X5, and finally Apocalypse in X6.

Ben Foster is a great actor and his talents should be used heavily and properly.

Too old?!

Anna Paquin is doing True Blood. Shawn Ashmore, Ellen Page, Ben Foster are all still young looking.

Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman look great for their age.

How about your boys Banshee and Havok... they'd be about 60. It would be cool if their characters came back.

What if both were imprisoned long ago after being caught in a battle/mission?

Get grizzled, scarred up 80s action stars like Michael Dudikoff as Banshee and Kurt Russell as Havok. That'd be badass! If done right.

:up:

But it would be interesting if Angel was captured at the end of X4... making him the main villain in X5 as ArchAngel.

So Sinister in X4, Four Horsemen in X5, and finally Apocalypse in X6.

Ben Foster is a great actor and his talents should be used heavily and properly.
Yup Proper Angel in X4 then Archangel X5 but not as a main villain just a horsemen of Apocalypse.

How about your boys Banshee and Havok... they'd be about 60. It would be cool if their characters came back.

What if both were imprisoned long ago after being caught in a battle/mission?

Get grizzled, scarred up 80s action stars like Michael Dudikoff as Banshee and Kurt Russell as Havok. That'd be badass! If done right.

60s?

I think they would be in their 40s like Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry.

Well it doesn't matter to me since I don't expect them to appear in X-Men 4.

I want to see Cassandra Nova/ Trask/ Sentinels .. adapt the 'E is for Extinction' storyline.

I hope Fox is thinking of First Class as a separates series like with Wolverine as they're prequels for the main movies but follow another storyline.
I know X4 and possibly 5 are moving forward so it's only a mater of time for the wolverine deadpool and FC movie to do so too.

I hope not.I don't like the Idea of 3 different contunies for X-Men films.This Is a major
bad Idea.

I rather just treat X-Men the Last Stand and X-Men Origins;Wolverine as not happened.
This Is much better Idea than having First Class sequels and The WOlverine breaking with contunity like some suggest.Treat First Class sequels as Prequels to X-Men and x2.Just treat The Wolverine as a pre X-Men adventre of Wolverine.Let's do Days of Future past for X4 and 5.Give Rogue the Kitty Pride role from Days of future past.I am very doudtful Ellen Page would agree to return.It's more likely to get Anna Paquin Back especilly If you actully give her something to do unlike The Last Stand.She Is a oscar winner and has gotten much acclaim for True Blood.And since Beast could be In a First Class triolgy I would be more Intrested In them getting Nightcrawler back.

I think they could pull off an X-Men staple with X4. Call it X-Men New Genesis, featuring an all new X-Men.

I think they should have the movie take place several years later. The school is shut down and since the cure, many random Mutant attacks have happen, leading to the creation of the Sentinels. Storm, Wolverine and Beast have gone in Different Directions. One Student has decided to rebuild. Warren "Angel" Worthington. Hiring a Telepath from the UK named Betsy Braddock(Psylocke). With her help Warren rebuilds/upgrades the X-Mansion with the underground complex including Cerebro. Betsy using cerebro helps Warren recruit an all new X-Team consisting of Lorna Dane(Polaris), Shiro Yoshida (Sunfire), James Proudstar (Warpath), Illyana Rasputin(Magik), Clarice Ferguson(Blink). They're first mission is to investigate the Sentinels: How they're made? who made them? and what are their real intentions? and this is where Trask, and Essex are introduced. Big Fight insues, Essex Escapes, a bunch of Mutants saved, yada, yada, yada. The movie would end with Betsy using Cerebro and finding Prof.X. Roll credits.

Ideal Cast
Angel - Armie Hammer
Psylocke - Haley Atwell
Polaris - Gemma Ward
Sunfire - Byung-hun Lee
Warpath - Rudy Youngblood
Magik - Chloe Moretz
Blink - Saoirse Ronan
Trask - Bill Duke
Essex - Jon Hamm

Director - Joe Wright
Writers - Jane Goldman, Bryan Singer and Ed Brubaker

Ehh I don't want a new cast, I want the cast of X1 & 2. It isn't necessary to ignore TLS but you don't have to adhere to everything it did. I don't even care if Prof X and Cyclops are just there, let a tie-in comic or something explain why they're back and move on.

I've mulled over a new X-Men movie for a while and what I'd like to see is this:

Set X4 after the events of The Last Stand and keep that movie in tact.

Cyclops returns to the mansion and we can get a more in depth reveal of the events at Alkali Lake as Scott opened his eyes, Jean stopped the Phoenix personality from shutting down his powers. When a concussive blast hits a telekinetic shield, it would send Scott flying far into the surrounding forest without his glasses. Essentially Scott would have been blind in the wilderness, explaining why it took so long for him to return.

Upon his return, with Jean dead (um...again), let Scott take on the more grizzled "General of an Army" personality from the current comics. His first decision would also be from the comics: Heroes don't wear black leather, it's scaring people. Heroes wear costumes.

You can keep the leather material from the original trilogy, but give it more design and some coloration.

For cast, I'd go with X-Men's 90s era Blue Team with the exception of Beast.

Cyclops
Wolverine
Iceman
Psylocke
Gambit
Rogue

Keep your main group small, develop them well. Wolverine doesn't need time spent on him, he's solid with 4, going on 5, films around him.

For the plot, I'd say after the events on Alcatraz during The Last Stand, the government has seen how dangerous mutants can be. Magneto tore the Golden Gate Bridge and moved it by himself. In response, Project Wide Awake (seen in the files in X2) has been initiated. The Sentinels in the movie would be smaller than the comic counterparts, possibly standing 10 feet tall though we could have a couple of the enormous ones shown in schematics or employed in a single climactic scene.

X4 could be largely a development film with the X-Men building up their work as a team. I'd imagine a danger room sequence more similar to that seen in X-Men issue #1 with Storm (whose role is now headmistress of the school) overseeing it from the control room. On the other hand, we'd see the Sentinels being developed and their first failure would be against Magneto.

Since Psylocke hasn't been introduced before (and I'd ignore the credited name in TLS since she had no resemblance), I'd have Wolverine return from yet another absence at the mansion with Psylocke in tow. She'd be explained as having attempted to kill Wolverine during his trip to Japan, but he vouches for her now (like that'll go over well with Cyclops through the film).

For costumes:

Cyclops: Dark blue with gold or silver trim like the current comics. No head cover

Wolverine: More likely black/gray like his X-Force costume in the comics, also no mask

Iceman: X3...he's ice

Psylocke: Similar to Yuriko's outfit in X2, but no sleeves. Add a dark purple to offset the black on the torso and boots. Rather than exposed skin on her legs, the jumpsuit type outfit contrasts the purple and black. Give her the silver sash of current X-Force and play up her stealth/ninja angle in her design

Gambit: I'd go with his chest piece actually looking like a type of armor, a red rather than pink color, with black pants and knee high armored boots. The classic brown jacket and you've got the classic cajun.

Rogue: She'd need to establish her powers have returned just as Magneto's had at the end of X3. Either the "cure" affected them or she's learned to draw a mutant's powers without harming them and so she can use them for brief periods of time. Her costume would be the basic suit from the previous movies, but give it a green/yellow color scheme.

When the original trilogy was made, Singer was going more realistic in design and that was partially because Hollywood didn't seem sure the comic book costumes would be accepted by movie audiences. Since then we've got Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Green Lantern suggesting audiences will accept a more comic book costume if they still have a touch of realism to their design.

I'd end X4 with a climactic battle that leaves the mansion partially destroyed and the X-Men on the run with many students escaping and others captured by the Sentinels (similar to X2 but more violent and devastating to the mansion). Since X4 leads into X5, you simply wrap up with the X-Men defeated but regrouping.

X5 you bring in Charles Xavier (Since Moira is a geneticist, it could be a cloned "shell body" in case Xavier needed to put his own consciousness in. Though he stated it was a man born with no brain function in X3, that could have been just for the lecture's purpose) returning along with Magneto to lead the X-Men in the fight against the Sentinels.

You'd need to establish some way for the Sentinels to begin taking control of America at large, likely with a figure like Bastion assuming control of the program, which would be the X-Men again rescuing humanity as well as fighting for survival.

I wouldn't go all the way to a Days of Future Past story, but you'd certainly have hints of it with some of the imagery of mutants being hunted by sentinels. Beast would cameo, of course, since he's appointed to the UN in X3.

For subplots, I'd focus on Iceman and Rogue's strained relationship with the return of her powers and the smooth talking Gambit forming the love triangle (which felt awkward with Kitty in X3). Wolverine's role would work alongside Psylocke to do the dirty work for the team and Cyclops would be firmly established as the leader. No Wolverine speech to rally the troops, though his past position of influence would make it easy to put him at odds with Cyclops over decisions rather than just over a girl.

Might be a bit rambly and the thoughts might be loosely connected, but it's a few ideas I'd had that I would want to see play out. ;)

I don't know about anyone else, but I want Bryan Singer directing a two part X-Men film.

I would love that. It would be like going full circle from the X3 debacle where they didn't want Singer doing 3/4 back-to-back.

With the X4 leading Into X5 talk we could be getting a 2 part story.And as I have said
It Is very likely Bryan Singer came up with the Idea that Fox liked.Lauren Shuller Donner doesn't devolp Ideas herself and her comments about X4 changed after Bryan came onboard First Class.

I love that! and hopefully the gap between X4/X5 is just 2 years, so we don't have to wait longer!

Honestly the franchise to me seems like a mess right now. Origins OKAY and then we get First Class which is awesome and another Wolverine movie...now X4 and Deadpool? X3 is already five years old and by the time Fox gets around to making it I don't think anyone will even remember X3. I love X-Men but things seem all over the place now =/ I really don't see the point in making X4 ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"