Sequels The Official X-Men 4 Thread

X4...X4...Oh well, X4, yes. So Cure isn't real, but nobody knows yet.

Storm has replaced Xavier at the school, Beast is ambassador of United Nations and Wolverine is still the reclutant teacher of the new X-Men.

The new team, well, yes: Iceman, Colossus (with more lines, yes!), Angel, Kitty Pryde and Psylocke.

Cyclops is not dead. An old Emma Frost has saved him. Emma is now a good woman, who cares of the mutants and is far away from her "role" in First Class. She will introduce herself as an "old dear friend" of Xavier, Storm will lead the school with her.

As for the villains. Magneto will have only a small role, Mystique only a cameo. No Pyro (sorry, guys...): he's dead. And not Juggernaut (he's dead?).

Introduce Apocalypse. It will be cool. Make Angel-Archangel, the villain.

As for other mutants:
Rogue (cameo), Lockhead (cameo), Jubilee (cameo), Siryn (cameo). As for Xavier...He will be in this but only in Cyclops' mind. Maybe he will guide him against Apocalypse. Yes, because Cyclops MUST be the leader of the X-Men this time.

id maybe like Pyro to want to be back in the X men rather than the brotherhood, he could make a switch again later in the film maybe
Either sentinels or Apocalypse as the main villain. A common enemy like in X2 would be nice to see again

Pyro died in X3

Exactly. The ones who died in X3: Pyro, Juggernaut, Arclight, Kid Omega/Quill, Psylocke, Callisto, Jean Grey/Phoenix and a lot of more mutants in the final fight; Xavier is seen disintegrated on camera (but after end credits he's still alive, sort of...).

Cyclops' death is never seen on screen. So it's the only one they can justify with a come back.

You don't see Pyro, Juggernaught or Arcklight die on-screen either.

Pyro and Juggernaut never died on screen.Xavier mind In post credit scene wakes up
In body according to commantary his brain dead twin brother.SO they have opening to bring him back.

You don't see Pyro, Juggernaught or Arcklight die on-screen either.
They're supposed died. Mutants and humans are disintigrated in that whole scene.

If Juggernaut flies or Pyro flies they will survive.

But, well, Juggernaut is k.o. in Worthington's lab: disintegreted. Pyro is k.o. in the camp: disintegreted?

Arclight, Psylocke and Quill are seen disintegreted on screen.

What about the X-men that were standing in the camp moments before Phoenix's destruction? What about Magneto? He was depowered and made it to safety. And Pyro wasn't really hit that hard...he could have gotten up and taken off a few moments later. I think Juggs could be dead just because he had no power when he ran head first into the wall. Maybe his helmet saved him.

i thought pyro didnt die myself, maybe iceman took pity on him an helps him out? i dont know

i thought pyro didnt die myself, maybe iceman took pity on him an helps him out? i dont know

If i remember correctly there was a deleted scene who seen Iceman helps Pyro to run away before destruction. But it's a deleted scene so not count.

Arclight was vaporized on-screen

For Pyro and Juggernaut, its a common sense that they were vaporized after they got knocked out.

I only saw Phoenix vaporizing stuff for 30 seconds and all the destruction was on screen. I don't think anything was left for the imagination. I mean even Wolverine was standing right in front of Phoenix and was unscathed until he approached her. You make it sound like she disintegrated the entire island.

I only saw Phoenix vaporizing stuff for 30 seconds and all the destruction was on screen. I don't think anything was left for the imagination. I mean even Wolverine was standing right in front of Phoenix and was unscathed until he approached her. You make it sound like she disintegrated the entire island.

Well the entire island was pretty much damaged by Phoenix. And any person left there would be vaporized. The X-Jet didn't even survive.

It's possible that some of those characters could have survived, but is anyone really going to mind never seeing Vinnie Jones' "I'm the Juggernauth b----!" again? I sure as hell won't.

If Bryan Singer directs or produces along with the right director, I'm sure he'll make it work..

He's come up with some great stories from X2 and First Class, he'll no doubt do it again.

I know TLS descimated the team, but there's still several players I would love to see more of. Angel, Iceman, Rogue all have much more to give than we've seen so far. There's also the potential return of Beast and Nightcrawler, both great characters.

first of all, i dont quite understand all of the 'X-men 3' ruined everything malarky. Sure I can see peoples points, obviously there was a different director, so therefore it went in a different direction than what singer probably would have produced, but it wasnt a terrible movie...
my only gripe is how marsden was shunned from the lime light and killed off. I also agree to Phoenix storyline wasnt as epic as it should have been.

But moving foward, I think X4 (especially if singer is on board) could be amazing. after all this time, seeing it continued, and watching some of the original characters in their next chapter. I dont think Jean returning (again) would be realistic or do the franchise any favours, however I think Cyclops return is a must. I think stewart could return as the professer in some sort of role, mabye in flashbacks or in somebodies mind or something interesting like that, but not another casual 'Waddup, i'm back from the grave' kinda thing.

I'd much rather see X4 than anymore first classes, because as much as i loved XFC, the characters in it just didnt do it for me like the main/original franchise did. The only thing I will miss if there is an X4 is my fave character Mystique (i dont see her returning for some reason) however the return of Toad and Sabertooth in some sort of role would be interesting, and benefit the series for continuity etc - to give the impression it is on going and the same characters pop up rather than just debuting a ton of new mutants per movie. A new female villain to fill Mystiques void would be nice too.

I'm concious of the fact this film isnt set 100 percent in stone yet, and i'd really like a step in the process to be made to make it seem more definate, because i dont wanna give my hopes up, and X4 never be bought to life....

I think Cyclops definitely needs to return. Marsden is such a great actor. The fact that he could convey that much emotion from behind shades or a visor is a credit to his ability. Especially given what little he's been given.

I think they could take several routes for an X4.

Like Superman Returns, disregard X3 and pick up years after X2... though highly unlikely.

Find a way to undo the damage done in X3. This is fairly easy. It's already been hinted that the cure is not permanent. So Rogue, could come back stronger than ever having accidentally absorbed Carol Danvers powers when her powers inexplicably return. Mystique could return as an X-Man, having been betrayed by Magneto. Cyclops could have been kidnapped by Sinister and there could possibly be a cloned Jean. The thing is, there is no reason for Jean to be unconscious when they find her in X3. Something must have happened during or after that kiss.

Do a complete alternate reality like AGE OF APOCALYPSE. And when it ends, the world returns to a pre-X3 era.

To be completely honest I wouldn't mind a reboot as long as Marsden, Stewart, Jackman and McKellan return. Marsden was cast on the younger side so he has many good Cyclops years left in him.

Guess we'll see if it ever happens.

Thats true i didnt think of that, I love Mystique, and if she were to come back as sort of a red herring, badass rogue hero and join the X-men that would be a great twist... they could expand on the others not trusting her (with good reason) and mabye on her relationship with NightCrawler (and even Azazel, if they were gonna tie it in with first class).

After first Class If It was Indeed Bryan Singer who came up with Idea that Fox loves and he Is Director we could see a Superman Returns like situation where The Last Stand
Is Ignored and set a few years after X2.It wouldn't be the Singer version of Dark Phoenix.

Now If we get a film with Singer directing that keeps The Last Stand In Contunity I would expect no references to The Last Stand.He Isn't going to spend a lot of time trying to recon the death of Cyclops(If you want Cyclops back you better hope The Last Stand Is Ignored) he Is going to go on with this story.Which may be the Days of Future past adapted to the big screen.If Magneto and Mystique are In the film don't expect any reference to the Cure(Same with Rogue.She would have her powers back without any reference to the Cure)

Xavier Is more problematic.While they provided way to bring back Xavier.To view First Class as Prequel to X-Men Trilogy and not just X-Men/X2 means you have to Ignore the opening scene and both the Classroom scene and post credit scene with Moira mactaggert(Not only Is there a major age difference but Moira In Last Stand has accent Moira In First Class doesn't) and that could mean the door for Xavier's return Is closed.If that Is the case Storm would be In charge of the X-Men and mansion(That Is a way to get Halle Berry back)

Regardless of the route they take Jean won't be back.The only possabilty of famke janssen In x4 Is If they pull a Superman returns,have Mr Sinster as Villian,and have her as madalane Pryor.And even that Is a slim possibilty.

I hope for a Bryan Singer X3 & X4 (shot back to back), after Superman Returns revamp and some hints in the First Class, that Last Stand and Wolverine are overlooked from his franchise, it's more natural if FOX proceeds with a sequel to X2.
Even the titles of the films don't match.. there was X-Men, and then it's sequel X2, and then we had X-Men: The Last Stand, it may work as a stand alone project, and Bryan to continue with his vision of X3.

Any news of X4? No doubt there will be more X-Men movies but I don't want to wait years for X4 to happen; two at the most.

Any news of X4? No doubt there will be more X-Men movies but I don't want to wait years for X4 to happen; two at the most.

I think your best bet is to wait and see what Bryan Singer directs after Jack the Giant Killer. He seems to be steering the X-franchise again, so once he's finished with his contractual obligations with Jack, we'll have a clearer idea. I'm sure in a year and a half we'll know if First Class 2 or X4 are happening next.

And what about the franchise's main players? In addition to kick-starting the First Class saga, Shuler Donner had for a while seemed intent on revisiting the original X-Men series, left dormant after 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand. She had even recruited Bryan Singer, helmer of the first two X-Men films, to direct X-Men 4 and 5. But while a follow-up to First Class seems all but assured given the film's solid box-office numbers (over $350 million worldwide) and critical acclaim (87% ""Fresh"" on Rotten Tomatoes), don't hold out hope for a reunion of Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart and the rest of the mutant originals anytime soon.

"There could be an X4, but I think for now we don't want to saturate the market," she said. "I think there was such a good response to First Class that if we go forward in that universe, we'll probably make a sequel [to First Class].

http://onmilwaukee.com/myOMC/movie_news/show/59639

If we go forward in that universe? What other universe could there be???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"