Sequels The Official X-Men 4 Thread

after Lauren words, it seems X4 is more unlikely day after day.

Fox Is going to focus beyond the wolverine and Deadpool on the First Class trilogy.
The only chance it seems to see players from Bryan Singer's X films besides Hugh
Jackman will be If Matthew Vaughn does what he mentioned and has a flashforward sequence with Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan In the First Class sequel.

We can also pretty much gurante The Wolverine will be Hugh's final apperance as wolverine.While creatively I could Image a preadmantan Wolverine sent on Mission against Magneto.X2 hinted that both Xavier and Magneto know more about wolverine
than they let on It would cause too problems.

Fox can easily spent the next 6 years with Wolverine, Deadpool and the First Class trilogy.

So by now, they probably dont feel the need to do X4.

They will wait for the sequel to First Class and the boxoffice result, and if its even bigger than First Class, they will move on quickly on the third part.

X4 will have to wait more than 6 years, and that would be too much time, but anyway, they can do whatever they want with the impressive cast this franchise has to date, so we'll be having x-men movies until 2020, easily.

I would really like to see an X4 tackle a sentinel ridden future. I guess that could wait, although the interest in it probably dwindles with each year.

Being realistic, Second Class is a much smarter move to make, capitolising on the success and positive feeling surrounding this timeline. I hope Vaughn doesn't take too many liberties with the continuity in future. I still love Singers films and don't want to feel like I have to choose.

Singer will probably devolp the story and produce the first class sequels as he did
with first Class.If Vaughn doesn't do third film(It's pretty much a gurantee from
Donner's Interviews he will do sequel) Singer would be obvious choice to step In.

Contunity will probally be like First Class mostly sticking to what X-Men and X2
established(Vaughn mentioned having Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan In flashforward In sequel)

They probally wouldn't bring in characters like Gambit,Blob,and Angel from Last Stand and Wolverine to obviously outright say those films are being Ignored.All the connections In first Class from earlier films were X-Men and X2.

Vaughn's approach Is combination of Prequel to Singer's films and reboot(Ignoring the Last Stand and wolverine for large part.Bring fresh elements with X-men)

Wolverine will suck.. I can't see them making Wolverine interesting enough for another movie. We've seen pretty much everything about Wolverine in X1,X2,X3, Wolverine and he even had a cameo in First Class. It's been done to death, even in Wolverine and The X-Men.. my gawddddd i'm so sick of Wolverine.

The only way I'm watching a new Wolverine movie is only if it's rated R with blood and disembowelment because that would be something new and true to his character/stories.

Obviously, Fox doesn't want to invest in a movie that will have to pay a larger cast, and they're just spewing out crappy solo movies. Go big or go home!

Wolverine can kiss my ass.

I agree, I think they need to make the audiences WANT to see Wolverine again, and the only way to do that is to leave him out of a couple of X-Men movies. I think the best way to reintroduce Wolverine is as a minor villain in the 3rd First Class movie, as Weapon X, before he loses his memory. If they brought in Wolverine as a scary, bad ass, feral assassin, complete with costume...I think that's something everyone'd love to see, that'd be something fresh and interesting.

after Lauren words, it seems X4 is more unlikely day after day.

Well I'm still waiting to see how the box-office performance of The Wolverine.

If it flops, they will again reconsider X-Men 4.

My feelings after Donner's Interviews X4 was hedging their bets In case First Class
wasn't received great.My feeling now Is they will do first Class sequels as full X-Men
team films now.The Wolverine flopping would hurt chances for X4.Right now the chances
of X4 are very slim,and wouldn't be made untill after the first Class trilogy Is complete.

I agree, The Wolverine doing well would help X4's chances because of Hugh Jackman's potential involvement, but at this point, X4 will probably not happen.

The only way I see Wolverine returning outside of Wolvie solo movies is the eventual reboot, which I'm sure is a long ways off. But it will happen eventually when the audience desires... *sigh* more Wolverine but Hugh Jackman is just too old to pull it off.

Bryan Singer and Donner said that the studio liked their pitch for x-4, Singer will before that make Jack the giant killer and Hugh will make The Wolverine before too.
I sincerelly don't see any more story potencial for a The Wolverine sequel unless they reboot X-Men Origins, so i think that x-4 will be next and X-4 and 5 probably being released at the same time as the First Class Trilogy

Donner's Interviews seem to cause doudt on X4.We all know Fox will make more full
X-Men films.But,it defently seems like they want them to be first Class sequels.

Right now there Isn't a firm schedule on when the next X-men relted film will hit theatres or even beguin filming.Hugh Jackman,and Ryan Reynolds' schedules make that a bit hard.
If The wolverine begins filming next summer It can be out In Summer 2013 however that remains an If for now with Jackman doing his one man stahe work and has an musical to do befoe he even starts working out to prepare.Reynolds has said he wants to do Deadpool after the film he Is doing now.They may be waiting for Bryan Singer to be done with jack The Giant Killer before starting more story discussions on the First Class sequel.

If there Isn't an X4 Jackman's last wolverine film will be the wolverine.I don't see them
doing another Wolverine Solo film.After the origin and the japan story what solo stories
can you do?X4 could happen but I am not holding my breath for It.

If First Class doesn't go to the present the x-men films storyline will allways be incomplete, x-3 ended with 2 cliffhangers, and even if we only count with Bryan Singer related x-men movies then x-2 also ended with a cliffhanger

X4 would be story taking place several year later.Bryan Singer Isn't going to want to touch on much that happened In The Last Stand.The fact the studio doesn't seem to
consider X4 a priority In the franchise supports this.And the fact remains Singer might
only want to do X4 which acknoledges his past films.It defently wouldn't be his version
of X3.That ship has sailed.

If First Class doesn't go to the present the x-men films storyline will allways be incomplete, x-3 ended with 2 cliffhangers, and even if we only count with Bryan Singer related x-men movies then x-2 also ended with a cliffhanger

Wait, what cliffhangers are those? The cure being reversible isn't a cliffhanger, neither is Charles in another body. Don't get me wrong, I hate the movie and I really hate how Charles managed to not-really-die, but this kind of ending really suits the movieline: it all comes full circle.

It comes?
Those scennes actually need explanation and conclusion, and the ship that aknowledges Bryan Singer's movie has sailed with First Class, you see, FOX wants money and this time they're after positive reception to have it, and Singer's involvement makes that more likelly every day

I see FIrst Class and all sequels to it as prequels to X-Men and X2.The wolverine Is going out of way to DIstance itself from X-Men Origins:Wolverine.To call Deadpool an X-Men related film with the title X-Men Origins attached you have to say wolverine Is being flatout Ignored.Now with regard to a X4.Too much time has gone by for them to do film Ignoring The Last Stand that continues on from X2 and does Bryan Singer's version of Dark Phoenix.I am fairly confident that X4 Is it were to be made would be based on Days of future past.Donner In first Class BTS keeps talking about being fresh with regard to first Class,and doudt they would go along with redoing dark Phoenix.They might go along with Singer Ignoring Last Stand as long as it Is story that hasn't been done before.

Those scennes actually need explanation and conclusion, and the ship that aknowledges Bryan Singer's movie has sailed with First Class, you see, FOX wants money and this time they're after positive reception to have it, and Singer's involvement makes that more likelly every day

"There was a cure. It didn't last"

That thread revolved.

The Xavier body switch sucks and I imagine it would just be ignored. I certainly would. If it was never mentioned again you could assume what you liked. It happened far away from the mansion and the other characters so there is no reason to think anyone ever knew what happened.

How do you get from
We took the treatment to Fox and they love it...And X4 leads into X5.
to
There could be an X4, but I think for now we don’t want to saturate the market.
in 4 months? Here is my thought:

They had absolutely no intentions of making X4. I remember, way before the trailer, some fans of original trilogy, talking about not to see XM:FC. And they were quite a few. So, that liar told there were plans for X4, so the people wouldn't hold grudge for FC. But now, the reception of the movie is well enough to make a sequel, they don't need to do that anymore. So they backtracked.

They may have some scripts, but I don't think they are new. They must have them written before deciding what to shoot.

It comes?
Those scennes actually need explanation and conclusion

Totally agreed. Magneto gaining back his powers and Xavier revealed to be alive were all setup for another movie. If X3 was really intended to be the end, they could have done much better than to end it with cliffhangers like that. IMO it's lazy and irresponsible to your audience's expectations. I prefer X4 to all these prequels because no matter how many amazing prequels we get, chronologically, the story does not end properly or with any real resolution.

How do you get from to in 4 months? Here is my thought:

They had absolutely no intentions of making X4. I remember, way before the trailer, some fans of original trilogy, talking about not to see XM:FC. And they were quite a few. So, that liar told there were plans for X4, so the people wouldn't hold grudge for FC. But now, the reception of the movie is well enough to make a sequel, they don't need to do that anymore. So they backtracked.

They may have some scripts, but I don't think they are new. They must have them written before deciding what to shoot.

They were hedging their bets.In case first Class wasn't well received they would go with X4/X5.Since first Class was well received they will
move with first Class trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"