POLL: Who should be Lex Luthor?

Invader Joker

Superhero
Reaction score
Seeing how we have the shortlist for Luthor (sort-of) and his casting is imminent, who would you pick as him?

Hard to pick between these three who would all be great in their own ways but if I had to rank them:

Alexander Skarsgaard
Nicholas Hoult
Bill Skarsgaard

Bill just has a bit of an inherent slimey creepiness to him that I don't love for the role. Would be perfectly happy with him though, just isn't as immediately a great fit as the first two.

The thing I don't like about Bill either is that he's also waaay too babyfaced for Luthor for my liking and him being bald would probably accentuate that even more. He'd also be kinda hard to take seriously in a business setting. At least Hoult I can kinda take seriously in a "young charismatic entrepeneur" sort of way.

Of the three names mentioned, Alex would probably be my first choice followed by his brother Bill. I don't want Hoult anywhere near this role.

Hoult feels like a way more organic fit for Lex than Bill, tbh.

That'd be fine. There are plenty of good choices out there IMO.

Alexander Skarsgard only if they cast Mia Goth as Mercy Graves. :o

7de00f71a8a7154379c9ae3bb7180457af552a65.pnj

Hoult feels like a way more organic fit for Lex than Bill, tbh.

Hoult lacks a certain intimidation factor that I think the character should have. He's also a tad boring, and that's never a good thing insofar as villains are concerned.

None. :o

I want a big name.

Cooper would have been my top choice and he was Gunn's too. Gosling would be dream casting. McConaughey or Pitt.

The head shaving commitment makes it tougher to land a big name but still.

I'm hoping Gunn goes big with Lex.

Hoult lacks a certain intimidation factor that I think the character should have. He's also a tad boring, and that's never a good thing insofar as villains are concerned.
Agreed but the other option is Bill Skarsgard who is also not particularly intimidating.

Hoult and Bill are both about equally intimidating in an icy, nasty way rather than a tough guy way.

I think they both can be "creepy", not "intimidating". I've always pictured Lex as more intimidating than creepy.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of Hoult's work, but I'm not getting that from him at all.

True History of the Kelly Gang is the best example of Hoult being at the very least threatening. That was also the movie that made it click why he was the runner-up for Batman.

Bill Skarsgard. Hoult would be good as well imo. Voted for Bill, though.

I want Alexander to be Apollo in The Authority.

I also think it will not be any of these people.

True History of the Kelly Gang is the best example of Hoult being at the very least threatening. That was also the movie that made it click why he was the runner-up for Batman.
Is there a clip that showcases that side of him in the movie? All that I can picture with Hoult as Lex is something like a waaaay less obnoxious version of Eisenberg's take.

Is there a clip that showcases that side of him in the movie? All that I can picture with Hoult as Lex is something like a waaaay less obnoxious version of Eisenberg's take.
I’m actually having trouble finding clips from it but I’m sure they’re out there. He would for sure be another twitchy, youthful take but Eisenberg’s is such a unique flavour of obnoxious that I don’t think it would wind up feeling all that similar - how I see him coming across would be more coldly smug and arrogant with an underlining unhinged temper.

I can't help but wonder what exactly is Gunn getting at with Lex because for the life of me I cannot understand this shortlist at all. The take that Alexander would play is waaaaaaay different than the one Hoult or Bill would play (also significantly better)

Maybe it's a scenario where Alexander is his dream pick and the other 2 are him going in a different direction if he can't get him?

I can't help but wonder what exactly is Gunn getting at with Lex because for the life of me I cannot understand this shortlist at all. The take that Alexander would play is waaaaaaay different than the one Hoult or Bill would play (also significantly better)

Maybe it's a scenario where Alexander is his dream pick and the other 2 are him going in a different direction if he can't get him?
Have you seen Succession or any of Alexander’s roles where he isn’t playing broody or serious? His vibe is a lot closer to his brother than you’d expect. Twitchy, smug creep is a role he plays very well and I’m guessing that’s a big part of Gunn’s Lex from the shortlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"