Possibilites.

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
Okay this is an idea I came up with for how they could work Spider-man 3. And possibly pull in Venom.

THC will play a scientist, world reknown for his work on bio-organics and such. He's been working on a project that can amplify someone's stregnth, agility, and is also able to camoflage and is somewhat of a body armor.

That sounds like a lot but it's not even a main part of the film it is simply mentioned and it's what he is working on.

Spider-man is fighting the lizard, Dr. Curt Connors, who was working in the same facility, but down stairs when he transformed. Spidey is knocked through the doors and into one of Thomas Hayden Church's machines. Specifically the bio-organic suit. Spidey has a metal shard sticking in his arm, he rips it out and throws it down. It lands on the suit, and is blood is sucked into the costume. It turns black.

Anyway, Spidey gets up to fight while THC is screaming about his projects. and spidey is screaming for him to get out while he holds the Lizard off. Spidey tells him to call the cops to make sure no one gets hurt. THC ignores spidey and continues to yell, when The Lizard tail whips THC into a sand machine. It was explained in the beginning of the movie, when they were explaining the work that THC has done, that this sand machine was made to ignite sand grains with nuclear radiation or something to change the molecules into something that can be harnessed for an energy source. *(Work with me, here. Just think of some logical use of sand and insert it here)
It malfunctions, with THC nearby and explodes...

THC is covered in the radiated sand and crawls out, appearing to melt. GHe is screaming and jumps out of the window...onto the shore below. Spidey runs over, and can only see sand, he thinks that THC must have ran off or something. He really doesn't have time to think, as the Lizard throws a steel beam that hits him and knocks him out the window into the water.

-Later-

The daily bugle attempts to blame spidey for the damage to the laboratories, but the security crew, and the cameras testify to the media that spidey was fighting some kind of lizard creature. So everyone is debating what happened to Thomas Hayden Church.(The doctor's name was William Baker, so instead of calling him THC, I'll call him that from now on.) Most people agree that he died.

Meanwhile. Parker comes into work a few days later, having called out a few sick days. It seems that Eddie Brock (Topher) has been taking Peter's place. He's a rival photographer and is apparently smart enough to simply buy a spider-man costume and take pictures of himself, to sell to the bugle. He used computer programs to make it look like he can climb walls. So Eddie Brock has been doing Pete's job, and doing well too.
Jonah tells them that the Lizard has been seen downtown, and that they should both head over to get pictures. Peter runs, off right away, Topher/Brock stops and tells JJJ something like "This job is really important to me. I do my job seriously, and it's an honor working for you, sir." JJJ has had his eager stroked and is charmed by Brock and tells him that he reminds him of his son. Brock runs out.

-Later, At the scene-
Spidey webs his camera to a building, he begins to have an incredible fight with the lizard, getting a bunch of pictures. Brock shows up late, he's trying to take pictures, but the fight is too dangerous to get closer.
Spider-man climbs up a wall, but The lizard can climb too, so they're fighting on the side of a building. Luckily, for peter it's right near his camera so he's getting fantastic shots. While Brock's pictures are out of view, and blurry because everyone is moving so fast.
The lizard is defeated, falls a few stories and lands on top of a car. He is knocked out and thus turns back into Curt Connors.

Fill the rest of the movie with Harry saying "Takin pictures of the bug?!" and Mary Jane saying "give me smoochies!" That is....until they hear about a continuous stream of robberies. No sign of break in or anything, only grains of sand.
Spider-man somehow catches William Baker and asks him his name, because spidey doesn't recognize him. He replies "Flint Marko!!" he's smart, remember? He came up with this alias so that he could live the life of a wealthy scientist, and at the same time be Sandman. Live the life of adventure. He's not exactly evil, but he's in no way good. He's not possessed or insane, he just wants. He's greedy.

Fill the rest of the movie after that with incredible battles and Eddie Brock continually screwing up and getting showed up by Peter Parker. finally Peter remembers the incident and figures out that Flint Marko is actually William Baker, the scientist.
Peter explains that he was friends with his collegues Curt Connors and Otto Octavius. And that they turned to crime. He doesn't have to. Baker explains that he's always lived a boring life. He's not so different from spider-man. They both are members of the community who do their share, but when in costume are above the law. They simply have different things to do once in costume.
Sandman asks Spider-man who he is under the mask, and Spidey explains that he is every bank teller, innocent person, jewelry store owner that Sandman has robbed. Brock shows up behind Sandman, dressed like Spider-man. He sprays Sandman with a fire exstinguisher. The cold air stops Sandman's molecules from moving so fast, and slows him down enough to be hit.
Spider-man sees this, and so since they are fighting in like a lab or something, spidey hits him with all kinds of nitrogen until the guy is a block of ice. He does a swirling aerial kick that shatters all the pieces.

The battle is over. Spidey lectures topher/Brock about jumping into danger. He tells him that he's going to get himself killed if he keeps it up, he's seen Brock there at every battle getting closer and closer to the fight until this. So he unmasks Brock in front of everyone and webs him down to the street, hanging from a lamp post by his belt. Everyone laughs at Eddie Brock and he's trying to hide his face from the shame.

Spidey is talking to a woman who is apparently the chief of police or something important like that. She tells him that with the recent rise of super powered people, they're going to need some kind of prison built specifically to house them. Spidey suggests an island, most villains can not swim well. Sandman for instance would disintergrate if he tried to escape. He tells her to keep him in a cold room to slow him down, so he can not escape or shape shift. He swings off.

Very end of the movie now. Brock has been fired, after having been laughed out of the office by JJJ. He blames spider-man for humiliating him and he blames PArker for making him seem so useless as a photographer. Before all the stuff with spider-man and PEter PArker he was an accomplished photographer and blah blah blah whine whine whine. He's walking down the street at night, comes near the lab where Sandman was created at the end of the movie. He then continues walking until he comes to a park. Lying on a bench is a black costume with a large white spider on it. Brock smiles..

The last scene is of Topher Grace's voice. He sounds slightly insane now, and rugged. He says that he can be anything spider-man is and better. He has to be a hero and save the city from spider-man's evil. He begins to speak in third person(?) "We need to stop spider-man. We can not allow evil to hurt all these people just like he hurt us." As he is speaking we see a nighttime skyline. It's raining and storming. Lighting flashes on a rooftop and we see that no one is there. "...We..are Venom..." the audience hear a growl, see lightning, then thunder and then Venom is on the previously empty rooftop. His tongue is dripping with green slime. He rushes forward and then credits.

What do you think? Keep in mind I'm not trying to write a fan fic here. And I'm also not trying to write a skit or anything. This is my idea as to how we could introduce these characters without any long explanation that takes like 4 movies.

...we already have at least three known villains. How many you think they're going to stuff into one movie, the Six aside? [which we ain't getting, but that's another post.]

Death, destruction and a hail of burning lava-fragments upon the idea of Grace being Eddie Brock. This idea is almost laughable in its sheer unsuitability, it's like casting Whoopi Goldberg as MJ. Bad idea.

NEXT!

Symbiotica said:
...we already have at least three known villains. How many you think they're going to stuff into one movie, the Six aside? [which we ain't getting, but that's another post.]

Death, destruction and a hail of burning lava-fragments upon the idea of Grace being Eddie Brock. This idea is almost laughable in its sheer unsuitability, it's like casting Whoopi Goldberg as MJ. Bad idea.

NEXT!
haha I'd love to see Whoopi Goldberg do that ;)

First, we don't know what a blonde Topher Grace with a little more weight is capable of. Secondly, have you seen Ultimate Venom. I know you have so really..I don't know why you mock the idea. I've read your posts before, why does it make such a difference to you?
And anyway Venom wouldn't be a villain until the forth movie, as I stated above. S-M3 would only have two villains. And really The Lizard only does so much. It's almost as if they take turns as the villain of the story. As soon as Lizard is locked away, sandman begins a crime spree. So where do you see problem with the number of villains?
Most people are saying that the villains of S-M3 will be Electro and Sandman. I'm simply replacing Electro with The Lizard. And making Topher Grace more of a side character as he is developing.

How can you compare something as ridiculous as Whoopi Goldberg who is african american and like 50 to Mary Jane with Topher Grace and Ultimate-style Eddie Brock? The movies are following closer to the ultimate series of books anyway. It's somewher inbetween. So I'm making this inbetween. Why don't you give me a serious critisism than the insult you labeled me with here?

If it's because you don't like the actor, then that's a horrible way to judge if he can play the role. I greatly dislike Brad Pitt, but at the same time I don't doubt his acting skill and talents. I actually liked Mr. And Mrs. Smith.

ChineseFooD said:
First, we don't know what a blonde Topher Grace with a little more weight is capable of. Secondly, have you seen Ultimate Venom. I know you have so really..I don't know why you mock the idea. I've read your posts before, why does it make such a difference to you?
And anyway Venom wouldn't be a villain until the forth movie, as I stated above. S-M3 would only have two villains. And really The Lizard only does so much. It's almost as if they take turns as the villain of the story. As soon as Lizard is locked away, sandman begins a crime spree. So where do you see problem with the number of villains?
Most people are saying that the villains of S-M3 will be Electro and Sandman. I'm simply replacing Electro with The Lizard. And making Topher Grace more of a side character as he is developing.

How can you compare something as ridiculous as Whoopi Goldberg who is african american and like 50 to Mary Jane with Topher Grace and Ultimate-style Eddie Brock? The movies are following closer to the ultimate series of books anyway. It's somewher inbetween. So I'm making this inbetween. Why don't you give me a serious critisism than the insult you labeled me with here?
Don't bother with that.It's easier for her to criticize.Probably she don't know the comics at all :cool: :spidey:

Thanks, man. But that's just it. You don't have to..people have posted the pic of Eddie Brock in ultimate s-m. She would have only needed to see the thread, and I think she posted on that one.

ChineseFooD said:
Thanks, man. But that's just it. You don't have to..people have posted the pic of Eddie Brock in ultimate s-m. She would have only needed to see the thread, and I think she posted on that one.

That's why you don't have to bother at all,mate:) Be cool:spidey:

Sorry, but I really can't see Topher Grace as Eddie Brock, or the Sandman being a scientist. Scientists have already been used as the villains in the last two, and it'd be kind of repetitive to have him be one - especially since his comic character was a thug, with thug mentality (Despite what everyone says, I actually find a thug villain refreshing compared to a villain who is some sort of genius and mentor/idol/friend to Peter.).
Topher just doesn't seem like a good Eddie Brock, and I can't even see him as the Ultimate Brock either. Remember that there is acting required for the Venom half as well, and Topher Grace really doesn't fit the type of menace required for Venom. I could see him being another Spidey villain, but not Venom.

Spidey-Jason said:
Don't bother with that.It's easier for her to criticize.Probably she don't know the comics at all :cool: :spidey:

I have seen her other post before,she knows her stuff.

While I wouldn't expect a huge bodybuilder,I would expect someone to be casted to some what resemble Brock from the comic.Plus I don't see Venom being thrown in with Sandman or Harry's story.

you really thought this through. the story goes great. it all makes sense. i just think that it is a little TOO much. do you know what i mean? you have sandman, M.J., harry, bugle, and peter struggles in there. i think there is just too much at one time. i like the fact that you tried to introduce brock while other villians are being played so that when venom is a villian we don't have to go through that. we can just see spidey and venom fight. nicely done but too much. i also don't see topher being the one to play brock/venom.

I just read up about Ultimate Venom and Ultimate Spider-man. Basically what happens is that Peter finds tapes in the basement from his father and the father of his childhood friend, Eddie Brock. Eddie is a college student only a few years older than Parker.
Anyway the tape says that their father's were scientist and created a suit that would heal the patient who wore it. A cure for cancer? (possibly HIV and other things too)...
Spidey wears it gets a little evil, blames the suit and wants to destroy it. Eddie finds out that pete is spider-man and blah blah blah until Eddie agrees and let's parker take the sample to incenerate it. Then he, as spidey destroys the sample, takes out another sample and curses parker and all that.
He becomes venom and they fight, ending with venom getting electricuited in the rain.

spiderfan08, you are probably right about there being just too much for the audience in what I wrote. But my idea is to try to pull in from both stories. Have them start out on the same level maybe even be friends. Then become rivals then degrade into enemies. And make the symbiote genetically engineered. Aliens and secret wars can not happen.

As for Topher, I'm just trying to work out the story from the little grains of information that we have. Topher grace is in the movie, so is THC and rumours of Sandman. So I'm just working with what we have you see.

I put the lizard in there so we could start the movie with action and show that Spidey has not stopped battling evil. But you could always replace all of what I said about the lizard with Sandman, simply having him start his life of crime earlier.

And okay try this....instead of Sandman being a scientist, let's say he was a thug that broke in trying to steal technology to sell on the black market or something, and spidey tries to stop him, but he rfights him and runs away, hiding inside of some kind of room. The door locks Flint inside and he is turned into Sandman.

so that way there is less going on. Honestly though, I can't see a good movie happening if Eddie Brock is introduced and becomes Venom in the same movie. They would have to rush by everything in order to stay true with who Venom is. He hates spidey, and no one has been introduced to have an actual reason.

That is....that is unless they make John Jameson, Venom. Peter "stole" his wife, and has given him angst and such. And from what he knows Spider-man saved his wife, making him like useless..And then the very next day MJ became a runaway bride. He has reason to hate spidey and peter parker. Let's just all hope that doesn't happen though.

ChineseFooD said:
First, we don't know what a blonde Topher Grace with a little more weight is capable of. Secondly, have you seen Ultimate Venom. I know you have so really..I don't know why you mock the idea. I've read your posts before, why does it make such a difference to you?SNIP!....

How can I compare the two....? Because your idea of Grace as any incarnation of Brock is, very frankly, not holding anything back.... a stupid one. You are not the first to embrace this stupid idea, and you won't be the last. That makes it no less stupid.

Who gets cast as Brock "makes a difference" to me because, hold the phone....! I am actually a Venom fan, one who is ~NOT~ willing to see the character raped, gutted and then hung out to dry Predator-style in the name of getting him onscreen any which way I can.

Unlike many in this forum.

Please.... point out the instances of this franchise following Ultimate continuity more closely than 616. I am honestly waiting for this with interest.

Jason said:
Don't bother with that.It's easier for her to criticize.Probably she don't know the comics at all

I find that literally laugh out loud funny, that *I* am being accused of "not knowing the comics" by people espousing TOPHER.

GRACE.

AS.

VENOM,

BWA-HAHAHAHAHA!

[reaches for a Kleenex, to wipe away tears of mirth]

...tell ya what, fanboy, why don't you actually break down and READ A FEW ARCS with Venom in them, before you get all high and mighty about how Grace would make a great Venom. BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

[exits, still laughing out loud] Who says this place ain't funny! LMAO!

*Jeopardy music playing in the background....*

"Do doo do do, do doo do.
Do doo do do......"

"Contestant number one, what was your answer to our question...?

'Tom Cruise should be Venom'? OOOOOOH, I'm sorry, that is incorrect! How much did you bet...? Everything? Well, nice knowing you, it was fun having you on the show......now what about contestant number two...?"

Symbiotica said:
How can I compare the two....? Because your idea of Grace as any incarnation of Brock is, very frankly, not holding anything back.... a stupid one. You are not the first to embrace this stupid idea, and you won't be the last. That makes it no less stupid.

Who gets cast as Brock "makes a difference" to me because, hold the phone....! I am actually a Venom fan, one who is ~NOT~ willing to see the character raped, gutted and then hung out to dry Predator-style in the name of getting him onscreen any which way I can.

Unlike many in this forum.

Please.... point out the instances of this franchise following Ultimate continuity more closely than 616. I am honestly waiting for this with interest.

It's not stupid. It's my opinion and you really have no right to say that it is stupid or anything. You're not a writer for the comics or the movie, so your opinions are no more valid than anyone elses, mine included. And mine are no better than yours.
Though I noticed that you still have not explained anything else besides your angst against Topher Grace as Venom. And anyway, I am a fan of Venom. But I know the difference between dreams and reality. It would be nice to find Marvel Original Eddie Brock. But that won't happen, sure there are actors who could fit the role....But I'd rather see him on the screen in a psuedo-realistic way than to try to rush him in and ruin the movie.
You keep arguing over Topher Grace. That wasn't the point. Like I said in the post right before you posted, I was simply working with what is known about the movie. The point of this thread is about the idea in bringing the characters across. If it will allow you to focus on the idea here, then in your mind pick an actor to play Venom and then replace every line that I have about Topher with that person's name.
As for those instances, I said that the movies are somewhere inbetween Ultimate and Original. It's as if you aren't actually reading what I'm saying only finding points that you want to condemn and then you only speak of those. With reasoning like that, I'm leaning closer towards agreeing with Jason.
You're saying things are stupid with no authority to say that whatsoever. Then you're telling people who think Grace could play Brock, to read the books. Well why don't you read Ultimate Spider-man? I think he would perfectly play that Venom. No it was not a tough chuncky, hard ash...It was a skinny college boy. He was not much older than Peter.
And then you laugh and mock as if you're correct. Well I don't know how it's been around here, but why don't you try responding seriously. You aren't making anyone except yourself look foolish. Your sarcasm, mockery and laughter is highly uncalled for. I have nothing against you and I'm still willing to hear your piece if you would open your mind to other opinions besides your own.

"Okay this is an idea I came up with for how they could work Spider-man 3. And possibly pull in Venom."

This is my first line. This is the point of the thread. Topher Grace, Tom Cruise, Bradd Pitt or me, that's not the point. I was NOT trying to pick dream roles. but that's all you've been complaining about.

You're a very obnoxious person, Sym.

I like the suit's origin, it makes it quick, and still makes as much sense as possible for a comic book. I think you have a good main idea, I just think some details need to be worked out.

[cuts through the crap]

It would be nice to find Marvel Original Eddie Brock. But that won't happen

.... Exactly why not? Please do explain why it makes more sense to cast Brock as a 90-lb. weakling than close to physical type. Why will this "not happen"?

You're saying things are stupid with no authority to say that whatsoever. Then you're telling people who think Grace could play Brock, to read the books. Well why don't you read Ultimate Spider-man? I think he would perfectly play that Venom.

First, I DO say it's stupid "with authority."

What authority? Two kinds: the authority granted by dint of basic intelligence/reasoning power, and the authority granted by being familiar with many Venom arcs.

Second, I am already familiar with Ultimate Venom. However I am still waiting for an explaination of how [as you stated earlier] these films are following Ultimate continuity more closely than 616. How is that?

Since they're not, why would we suddenly switch horses midstream and bring in 20-year-old Ultimate Eddie? Was movie GG a flying giant troll....? No. Why would Venom become Ultimate Eddie?

We may see modifications to the origin a la Ultimate. But as far as seeing 90-lb-weakling Ultimate Eddie Brock show up, I am sorry, I don't see it happening.

It would be [pardon me] stupid if he did.

And then you laugh and mock as if you're correct. Well I don't know how it's been around here, but why don't you try responding seriously.

Welllllll..... I am correct. And I am responding as seriously as possible; I don't think you realize how funny many of your postulations are to serious symbiote fans.

I am indeed open to sensible suggestions. Grace as Venom is not sensible.

However, this is all a tempest in a teapot, since I would be willing to bet money he isn't. Smart money says grace will appear as at least Max Dillon. Full-fledged Electro is unlikely, but Dillon... very possible.

If 616 Eddie is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

DareDemon said:
You're a very obnoxious person, Sym.

Oh, cry me a river. Dislike my posts? Put me on Ignore; don't whine. I have many people on Ignore, and not a one of them has a single solitary clue about it.

I don't want to put you on ignore. I want the ability to read everyone's opinions, maybe one of them can sway me. And I wasn't whining...it was barely a sentence :confused:

You may or may not read this, I might be on your ignore list now, tee hee.

Oh my god! There's still s**t like this going on over here? I thought all this kinda crap had died down now. I worry about some people I really do...:(

Hey if this doesn't say Topher Grace than I don't know what would.
\
venom5.jpg

Ok, why does everyone want Venom. Gotta admit he's cool but here's how I see it. He'll be in nubma 5 (SM3 is sandman and goblin and SM4 is lizard way I see it) and in numba six he'll have to team up with Spidey like in all classic sequals and they have to fight Carnage

powderman said:
Hey if this doesn't say Topher Grace than I don't know what would.
\
venom5.jpg

Oh wow the resemblence is uncanny.No wonder they cast him in the comedy 'That 70's show' :p

Seriously you people wonder why some posters get irritated when you seriously propose the idea of meek little Topher Grace as Venom.

Are you even Spider-Man fans???? Strike that are you even Venom fans??? Could you tell the difference between him and the Spot if they passed you on the street???

Because the Spot is the only villain I see Topher having a resemblence to.Maybe that's who he'll be :rolleyes:

It's like proposing Danny DeVito for Carnage :yellow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"