Possibilites.

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Silverstein, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Venom_uk Registered

I still think the whole "anyone that mutters the words 'Venom' & 'Topher Grace' in the same sentance should be banned" rule should be brought into effect...:venom:

2. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

I second that.....

3. Gamma Burst Registered

The only problem over here is that a certain person doen'st have any respect for opinions(evrything is stupid).About Topher...he probably wont be not even a villain(my opinion).:spidey:

4. spideyfan1988ca Registered

If you look in the thread about who Grace should be in SM3 they have two articles that confirmed that he and Church are the two villians.

5. Herr Logan Registered

He was perfect as the Penguin, so he could damn well do a good job as Carnage!! :mad:

:p

This thread makes Baby Jesus cry so much, nobody's going to be getting any sleep for a long, long time.

:wolverine

6. Venom_uk Registered

Yep. We know that Topher is a Villain *shudders*. We just don't know which villain yet... Hobgoblin seems the only logical one to me.

& Spider-Jason, not being funny or anything but the idea of Topher playing Eddie/Venom IS a dumb idea. It would be, like Doc Ock just said, having Danny Devito as Carnage...

7. Herr Logan Registered

Hell, there's nothing funny about that kind of stupidity. A few sitcoms get a lot of comic mileage out of perpetually stupid characters. The stupid thoughts we see posted here are from real people who make real decisions in the real world, somewhere. Scary and sad, isn't it?

:wolverine

8. Venom_uk Registered

Damn! When you say it like that yes, yes it is! *runs for cover*

[​IMG]

"Well, we're boned!"

9. Venom Drool Guest

the idiocy is baffling..and ive been here since 2000 so... big sighs

10. DareDemon Hi! I like shorts!

Look at Christian Bale in The Machinist, and compare him to Batman Begins. Now, I really don't think Topher will be Eddie/Venom, but I'd say it's possible. And I won't be as ignorant to say that it's stupid. I'm sure you're all laughing cause you think I'm ignorant, but you can thik what you want and I can think what I want. People, just accept other people's ideas, because in the end, the only ideas that matter are the production team's. We know next to nothing about the movie, so anything could happen.

If you people are getting so angry over this, you should try finding other hobbies. You'll be much happier.

11. Symbiotica Registered

Amendment: I do not have any respect for stupid opinions.

And one of the stupidest things people out here can espouse is casting against physical type. I was equally vociferous against last year's Idea du Jour that Hal Sparks was going to be Eddie Brock. Um, right. And what happened...? WAS he Brock? Well.

So.... if people do not post silly stuff, I'll let 'em be.

Unfortunately it's pretty conclusive grace is going to be a villain; the quote is over on The Lizard's Baker/Connors thread. Like I said before, IMO Max Dillon is a very likely candidate in that we already have a Goblin [Franco], Church probably is a different character [Sandman] and grace is closest in physical type to Dillon.

Now grace is definitely not who I'd have picked for future-Electro, but if that's who he turns out to be, I'll give him a chance. His being Brock would be totally stupid, and I would'nt give that a chance. At. All.

12. This is ridiculous...trying to write a book? Blah Blah Blah. Isn't there a word limit per entry...there definitely should be. I want some of my life back, because that was a waste of time. I am now dumber.

13. DareDemon Hi! I like shorts!

You didn't have to read it....no one forced you. If you didn't like it and weren't able to tell if you did or not until the end, well....

14. Silverstein Registered

DareDemon, thanks for having common sense. But really, if people want to whine and complain and sound like children then let them. Symbotica was right about one thing, there comes a time when certain people need to just be put on ignore.
    All these fools who have decided to mock me at every turn and not even bother with working with my actual point, what's the point of trying to reason with them? I wanted to be able to have a conversation with anyone on the forum but these people have shown that it's not even really worth it.

"Well if I don't agree with someone, then they're wrong and are stupid and should be banned. I'm going to whine about minor issues and ignore the main point or change the topic and sound like I'm smart and better than everyone else." That's about a summary of the logic. It's pointless to even deal with it.

15. Symbiotica Registered

So be it, Chinese Food.

But what on earth are we to make of such potential plot points as your "The lizard is defeated, falls a few stories and lands on top of a car. He is knocked out and thus turns back into Curt Connors.

Fill the rest of the movie with Harry saying "Takin pictures of the bug?!" and Mary Jane saying "give me smoochies!" That is....until they hear about a continuous stream of robberies. [snip]"....?

...I mean, geez Louise! But that aside, you've drawn so much fire because you're proposing a change which many people here find repellant, and human nature decrees when that happens the proposer is not going to be feeling very comfortable.

People are saying "ban him" because we're tired of at least one person a week posting how Gopher would make a great Venom. We've already seen this happen dozens of times, each time the proposer gets flamed a little worse. The mere idea puts Venom fans in a bad mood.

16. Venom Drool Guest

ok..the point is... post this in another damn thread about castinng venom...

im a frekin venom fan but im not having orgasms over cast possibilities and origin talks...ESPECIALLY when its been done to death and talked about till no end. use the frekin search button. oh how i wish to become a mod oh these here sites :(

17. heathm Registered

dumbest idea for a movie i think i have ever heard, despite the fact the movie is about a geek turned superhero, it is way bending reality. keep it simple

18. Daisy Gone

It's still not a quote from anyone in charge. It's MTV saying Grace is a "villain". It's MTV "interpreting" the quotes about Grace being cast against his "nice-guy" type from That 70s Show and whatnot... just like other places did when the announcement of his casting came. It's one of those things that has been bandied about enough, that "news" organizations are repeating it as fact... even though it's not.

I'm still not buying Grace is a villain, as we've yet to see that confirmed by anyone actually involved in the production. All we've seen from there is vagueness.

Seriously, if they were going to cast him as an actually villain... they'd say it, just like they did with Church. I suggest he's going to be more akin to Flash... an obstacle/headache for Peter Parker, not a villain for Spider-Man.

19. spideyfan1988ca Registered

Topher Grace playing bad guy in 'Spider-Man 3' (Reuters)
    Thu May 19th 2005 at 10:41 pm ET

By Borys Kit
    LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "That '70s Show" star Topher Grace has joined the lineup of "Spider-Man 3," in which he will play one of two villains.

The film's distributor, Columbia Pictures, declined to give further details about his role.

Grace joins Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco, all of whom starred in the first two films. Thomas Haden Church ("Sideways") also has been cast.

"Spider-Man 3" directed by Sam Raimi, is scheduled for release May 4, 2007. The "Spider-Man" film franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide for Columbia.

This week, Grace made his onscreen exit from Fox's "That '70s Show," on which he starred for the past seven years. His feature work includes "In Good Company" and "Traffic," and memorable cameos in "Ocean's Eleven" and "Ocean's Twelve."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    =========================================================

Doesn't that CONFIRM that he is a villian, or are they just guessing?

20. U.S War Machine Hail to the king

Man I've said this a thousand times put Topher Grace as Shocker!!!

21. spiderfan08 Registered

he wouldn't be bad as skocker or electro. one or the other. he does need to build up though.

22. Daisy Gone

Nope it does not confirm that he is a villain. They are EXTRAPOLATING (asssuming... you know what that does ;)) from what Columbia Pictures/Raimi/Arad said, which was:

No where does it say he will be playing a villain... just that he is perfect for the complexities of the role they're developing.

Again... directly from the horse's mouth (or ass, as some would assert ;)) "complexities" and "cast contrary to typical nice-guy roles"... not "villain" or "the second villain" or "one of the villains".

And I find it perhaps telling that Raimi, in particular, commenting Grace talks of the "continuing adventures of Peter Parker"... not Spider-Man.

23. TheSlag Registered

Arad is the Devil... and Sam is one of his minions. ;)

And God, please don't make him another love interest for MJ.... PLEASE!!!!.

24. Daisy Gone

Please... don't insult the Devil's intelligence. ;)

25. Venom_uk Registered

Probably for the best too be honest ;):up: