Possibilites.

I still think the whole "anyone that mutters the words 'Venom' & 'Topher Grace' in the same sentance should be banned" rule should be brought into effect...:venom:

The only problem over here is that a certain person doen'st have any respect for opinions(evrything is stupid).About Topher...he probably wont be not even a villain(my opinion).:spidey:

If you look in the thread about who Grace should be in SM3 they have two articles that confirmed that he and Church are the two villians.

Doc Ock said:
Oh wow the resemblence is uncanny.No wonder they cast him in the comedy 'That 70's show' :p

Seriously you people wonder why some posters get irritated when you seriously propose the idea of meek little Topher Grace as Venom.

Are you even Spider-Man fans???? Strike that are you even Venom fans??? Could you tell the difference between him and the Spot if they passed you on the street???

Because the Spot is the only villain I see Topher having a resemblence to.Maybe that's who he'll be :rolleyes:

It's like proposing Danny DeVito for Carnage :yellow:

He was perfect as the Penguin, so he could damn well do a good job as Carnage!! :mad:

:p

This thread makes Baby Jesus cry so much, nobody's going to be getting any sleep for a long, long time.

:wolverine

Yep. We know that Topher is a Villain *shudders*. We just don't know which villain yet... Hobgoblin seems the only logical one to me.

& Spider-Jason, not being funny or anything but the idea of Topher playing Eddie/Venom IS a dumb idea. It would be, like Doc Ock just said, having Danny Devito as Carnage...

Venom_uk said:
Yep. We know that Topher is a Villain *shudders*. We just don't know which villain yet... Hobgoblin seems the only logical one to me.

& Spider-Jason, not being funny or anything but the idea of Topher playing Eddie/Venom IS a dumb idea. It would be, like Doc Ock just said, having Danny Devito as Carnage...

Hell, there's nothing funny about that kind of stupidity. A few sitcoms get a lot of comic mileage out of perpetually stupid characters. The stupid thoughts we see posted here are from real people who make real decisions in the real world, somewhere. Scary and sad, isn't it?

Herr Logan said:
Hell, there's nothing funny about that kind of stupidity. A few sitcoms get a lot of comic mileage out of perpetually stupid characters. The stupid thoughts we see posted here are from real people who make real decisions in the real world, somewhere. Scary and sad, isn't it?

Damn! When you say it like that yes, yes it is! *runs for cover*

bender.gif

"Well, we're boned!"

the idiocy is baffling..and ive been here since 2000 so... big sighs

Look at Christian Bale in The Machinist, and compare him to Batman Begins. Now, I really don't think Topher will be Eddie/Venom, but I'd say it's possible. And I won't be as ignorant to say that it's stupid. I'm sure you're all laughing cause you think I'm ignorant, but you can thik what you want and I can think what I want. People, just accept other people's ideas, because in the end, the only ideas that matter are the production team's. We know next to nothing about the movie, so anything could happen.

If you people are getting so angry over this, you should try finding other hobbies. You'll be much happier.

Spidey-Jason said:
The only problem over here is that a certain person doen'st have any respect for opinions(evrything is stupid).About Topher...he probably wont be not even a villain(my opinion).:spidey:

Amendment: I do not have any respect for stupid opinions.

And one of the stupidest things people out here can espouse is casting against physical type. I was equally vociferous against last year's Idea du Jour that Hal Sparks was going to be Eddie Brock. Um, right. And what happened...? WAS he Brock? Well.

So.... if people do not post silly stuff, I'll let 'em be.

Unfortunately it's pretty conclusive grace is going to be a villain; the quote is over on The Lizard's Baker/Connors thread. Like I said before, IMO Max Dillon is a very likely candidate in that we already have a Goblin [Franco], Church probably is a different character [Sandman] and grace is closest in physical type to Dillon.

Now grace is definitely not who I'd have picked for future-Electro, but if that's who he turns out to be, I'll give him a chance. His being Brock would be totally stupid, and I would'nt give that a chance. At. All.

This is ridiculous...trying to write a book? Blah Blah Blah. Isn't there a word limit per entry...there definitely should be. I want some of my life back, because that was a waste of time. I am now dumber.

ChineseFooD said:
Okay this is an idea I came up with for how they could work Spider-man 3. And possibly pull in Venom.

THC will play a scientist, world reknown for his work on bio-organics and such. He's been working on a project that can amplify someone's stregnth, agility, and is also able to camoflage and is somewhat of a body armor.

That sounds like a lot but it's not even a main part of the film it is simply mentioned and it's what he is working on.

Spider-man is fighting the lizard, Dr. Curt Connors, who was working in the same facility, but down stairs when he transformed. Spidey is knocked through the doors and into one of Thomas Hayden Church's machines. Specifically the bio-organic suit. Spidey has a metal shard sticking in his arm, he rips it out and throws it down. It lands on the suit, and is blood is sucked into the costume. It turns black.

Anyway, Spidey gets up to fight while THC is screaming about his projects. and spidey is screaming for him to get out while he holds the Lizard off. Spidey tells him to call the cops to make sure no one gets hurt. THC ignores spidey and continues to yell, when The Lizard tail whips THC into a sand machine. It was explained in the beginning of the movie, when they were explaining the work that THC has done, that this sand machine was made to ignite sand grains with nuclear radiation or something to change the molecules into something that can be harnessed for an energy source. *(Work with me, here. Just think of some logical use of sand and insert it here)
It malfunctions, with THC nearby and explodes...

THC is covered in the radiated sand and crawls out, appearing to melt. GHe is screaming and jumps out of the window...onto the shore below. Spidey runs over, and can only see sand, he thinks that THC must have ran off or something. He really doesn't have time to think, as the Lizard throws a steel beam that hits him and knocks him out the window into the water.

-Later-

The daily bugle attempts to blame spidey for the damage to the laboratories, but the security crew, and the cameras testify to the media that spidey was fighting some kind of lizard creature. So everyone is debating what happened to Thomas Hayden Church.(The doctor's name was William Baker, so instead of calling him THC, I'll call him that from now on.) Most people agree that he died.

Meanwhile. Parker comes into work a few days later, having called out a few sick days. It seems that Eddie Brock (Topher) has been taking Peter's place. He's a rival photographer and is apparently smart enough to simply buy a spider-man costume and take pictures of himself, to sell to the bugle. He used computer programs to make it look like he can climb walls. So Eddie Brock has been doing Pete's job, and doing well too.
Jonah tells them that the Lizard has been seen downtown, and that they should both head over to get pictures. Peter runs, off right away, Topher/Brock stops and tells JJJ something like "This job is really important to me. I do my job seriously, and it's an honor working for you, sir." JJJ has had his eager stroked and is charmed by Brock and tells him that he reminds him of his son. Brock runs out.

-Later, At the scene-
Spidey webs his camera to a building, he begins to have an incredible fight with the lizard, getting a bunch of pictures. Brock shows up late, he's trying to take pictures, but the fight is too dangerous to get closer.
Spider-man climbs up a wall, but The lizard can climb too, so they're fighting on the side of a building. Luckily, for peter it's right near his camera so he's getting fantastic shots. While Brock's pictures are out of view, and blurry because everyone is moving so fast.
The lizard is defeated, falls a few stories and lands on top of a car. He is knocked out and thus turns back into Curt Connors.

Fill the rest of the movie with Harry saying "Takin pictures of the bug?!" and Mary Jane saying "give me smoochies!" That is....until they hear about a continuous stream of robberies. No sign of break in or anything, only grains of sand.
Spider-man somehow catches William Baker and asks him his name, because spidey doesn't recognize him. He replies "Flint Marko!!" he's smart, remember? He came up with this alias so that he could live the life of a wealthy scientist, and at the same time be Sandman. Live the life of adventure. He's not exactly evil, but he's in no way good. He's not possessed or insane, he just wants. He's greedy.

Fill the rest of the movie after that with incredible battles and Eddie Brock continually screwing up and getting showed up by Peter Parker. finally Peter remembers the incident and figures out that Flint Marko is actually William Baker, the scientist.
Peter explains that he was friends with his collegues Curt Connors and Otto Octavius. And that they turned to crime. He doesn't have to. Baker explains that he's always lived a boring life. He's not so different from spider-man. They both are members of the community who do their share, but when in costume are above the law. They simply have different things to do once in costume.
Sandman asks Spider-man who he is under the mask, and Spidey explains that he is every bank teller, innocent person, jewelry store owner that Sandman has robbed. Brock shows up behind Sandman, dressed like Spider-man. He sprays Sandman with a fire exstinguisher. The cold air stops Sandman's molecules from moving so fast, and slows him down enough to be hit.
Spider-man sees this, and so since they are fighting in like a lab or something, spidey hits him with all kinds of nitrogen until the guy is a block of ice. He does a swirling aerial kick that shatters all the pieces.

The battle is over. Spidey lectures topher/Brock about jumping into danger. He tells him that he's going to get himself killed if he keeps it up, he's seen Brock there at every battle getting closer and closer to the fight until this. So he unmasks Brock in front of everyone and webs him down to the street, hanging from a lamp post by his belt. Everyone laughs at Eddie Brock and he's trying to hide his face from the shame.

Spidey is talking to a woman who is apparently the chief of police or something important like that. She tells him that with the recent rise of super powered people, they're going to need some kind of prison built specifically to house them. Spidey suggests an island, most villains can not swim well. Sandman for instance would disintergrate if he tried to escape. He tells her to keep him in a cold room to slow him down, so he can not escape or shape shift. He swings off.

Very end of the movie now. Brock has been fired, after having been laughed out of the office by JJJ. He blames spider-man for humiliating him and he blames PArker for making him seem so useless as a photographer. Before all the stuff with spider-man and PEter PArker he was an accomplished photographer and blah blah blah whine whine whine. He's walking down the street at night, comes near the lab where Sandman was created at the end of the movie. He then continues walking until he comes to a park. Lying on a bench is a black costume with a large white spider on it. Brock smiles..

The last scene is of Topher Grace's voice. He sounds slightly insane now, and rugged. He says that he can be anything spider-man is and better. He has to be a hero and save the city from spider-man's evil. He begins to speak in third person(?) "We need to stop spider-man. We can not allow evil to hurt all these people just like he hurt us." As he is speaking we see a nighttime skyline. It's raining and storming. Lighting flashes on a rooftop and we see that no one is there. "...We..are Venom..." the audience hear a growl, see lightning, then thunder and then Venom is on the previously empty rooftop. His tongue is dripping with green slime. He rushes forward and then credits.

What do you think? Keep in mind I'm not trying to write a fan fic here. And I'm also not trying to write a skit or anything. This is my idea as to how we could introduce these characters without any long explanation that takes like 4 movies.

You didn't have to read it....no one forced you. If you didn't like it and weren't able to tell if you did or not until the end, well....

DareDemon, thanks for having common sense. But really, if people want to whine and complain and sound like children then let them. Symbotica was right about one thing, there comes a time when certain people need to just be put on ignore.
All these fools who have decided to mock me at every turn and not even bother with working with my actual point, what's the point of trying to reason with them? I wanted to be able to have a conversation with anyone on the forum but these people have shown that it's not even really worth it.

"Well if I don't agree with someone, then they're wrong and are stupid and should be banned. I'm going to whine about minor issues and ignore the main point or change the topic and sound like I'm smart and better than everyone else." That's about a summary of the logic. It's pointless to even deal with it.

So be it, Chinese Food.

But what on earth are we to make of such potential plot points as your "The lizard is defeated, falls a few stories and lands on top of a car. He is knocked out and thus turns back into Curt Connors.

Fill the rest of the movie with Harry saying "Takin pictures of the bug?!" and Mary Jane saying "give me smoochies!" That is....until they hear about a continuous stream of robberies. [snip]"....?

...I mean, geez Louise! But that aside, you've drawn so much fire because you're proposing a change which many people here find repellant, and human nature decrees when that happens the proposer is not going to be feeling very comfortable.

People are saying "ban him" because we're tired of at least one person a week posting how Gopher would make a great Venom. We've already seen this happen dozens of times, each time the proposer gets flamed a little worse. The mere idea puts Venom fans in a bad mood.

ok..the point is... post this in another damn thread about castinng venom...

im a frekin venom fan but im not having orgasms over cast possibilities and origin talks...ESPECIALLY when its been done to death and talked about till no end. use the frekin search button. oh how i wish to become a mod oh these here sites :(

dumbest idea for a movie i think i have ever heard, despite the fact the movie is about a geek turned superhero, it is way bending reality. keep it simple

Symbiotica said:
Unfortunately it's pretty conclusive grace is going to be a villain; the quote is over on The Lizard's Baker/Connors thread.

It's still not a quote from anyone in charge. It's MTV saying Grace is a "villain". It's MTV "interpreting" the quotes about Grace being cast against his "nice-guy" type from That 70s Show and whatnot... just like other places did when the announcement of his casting came. It's one of those things that has been bandied about enough, that "news" organizations are repeating it as fact... even though it's not.

I'm still not buying Grace is a villain, as we've yet to see that confirmed by anyone actually involved in the production. All we've seen from there is vagueness.

Seriously, if they were going to cast him as an actually villain... they'd say it, just like they did with Church. I suggest he's going to be more akin to Flash... an obstacle/headache for Peter Parker, not a villain for Spider-Man.

Topher Grace playing bad guy in 'Spider-Man 3' (Reuters)
Thu May 19th 2005 at 10:41 pm ET

By Borys Kit
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "That '70s Show" star Topher Grace has joined the lineup of "Spider-Man 3," in which he will play one of two villains.

The film's distributor, Columbia Pictures, declined to give further details about his role.

Grace joins Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco, all of whom starred in the first two films. Thomas Haden Church ("Sideways") also has been cast.

"Spider-Man 3" directed by Sam Raimi, is scheduled for release May 4, 2007. The "Spider-Man" film franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide for Columbia.

This week, Grace made his onscreen exit from Fox's "That '70s Show," on which he starred for the past seven years. His feature work includes "In Good Company" and "Traffic," and memorable cameos in "Ocean's Eleven" and "Ocean's Twelve."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
=========================================================

Doesn't that CONFIRM that he is a villian, or are they just guessing?

Man I've said this a thousand times put Topher Grace as Shocker!!!

U.S War Machine said:
Man I've said this a thousand times put Topher Grace as Shocker!!!

he wouldn't be bad as skocker or electro. one or the other. he does need to build up though.

spideyfan1988ca said:
Topher Grace playing bad guy in 'Spider-Man 3' (Reuters)
Thu May 19th 2005 at 10:41 pm ET

By Borys Kit
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "That '70s Show" star Topher Grace has joined the lineup of "Spider-Man 3," in which he will play one of two villains.

The film's distributor, Columbia Pictures, declined to give further details about his role.

Grace joins Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco, all of whom starred in the first two films. Thomas Haden Church ("Sideways") also has been cast.

"Spider-Man 3" directed by Sam Raimi, is scheduled for release May 4, 2007. The "Spider-Man" film franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide for Columbia.

This week, Grace made his onscreen exit from Fox's "That '70s Show," on which he starred for the past seven years. His feature work includes "In Good Company" and "Traffic," and memorable cameos in "Ocean's Eleven" and "Ocean's Twelve."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
=========================================================

Doesn't that CONFIRM that he is a villian, or are they just guessing?

Nope it does not confirm that he is a villain. They are EXTRAPOLATING (asssuming... you know what that does ;)) from what Columbia Pictures/Raimi/Arad said, which was:

Topher Grace Joins Spider-Man 3!

Source: Columbia Pictures
May 19, 2005

Topher Grace has joined the cast of Spider-Man 3, it was announced by director Sam Raimi and producers Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studio's Avi Arad.

Grace will join Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, and Thomas Haden Church in the blockbuster franchise.

Spider-Man 3 is scheduled for release on May 4, 2007, and will reunite returning cast members with director Sam Raimi and producers Ziskin and Arad, the successful filmmaking team responsible for the first two films.

The "Spider-Man" film franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion in worldwide ticket sales to date. Production on Spider-Man 3, which was written by Alvin Sargent, is scheduled to begin early next year.

"I couldn't be more excited about the direction we are taking the continuing adventures of Peter Parker," said Raimi. "Topher Grace is an extraordinarily talented actor and will be perfect for the complexities of the role we are developing."

While speculation continues about which characters will be called into action, the studio will not comment on the new roles beyond confirming the casting of Grace and Church.

Spider-Man 3 is being overseen by Columbia's President of Production Matt Tolmach and Shannon Gaulding, Director of Development for the studio.

Grace, who has been a weekly fixture in homes across America in the hit comedy series That '70s Show for the last 7 years, is seamlessly transitioning from the small screen to the big screen. Testament to his success, he has recently been prized with Breakthrough Acting awards by both the National Board of Review and the New York Online Film Critics, for his starring roles in Paul Weitz's In Good Company and Dylan Kidd's P.S.

This winter, Grace starred opposite Dennis Quaid and Scarlett Johansson in In Good Company. And in P.S., which premiered at this fall's Toronto Film Festival, he starred as the romantic lead opposite Laura Linney in an off-beat romantic comedy adapted from the Helen Schulman novel by the same name.

Grace's major breakthrough on film came with his debut role in Steven Soderbergh's Oscar nominated movie Traffic, which he followed-up with a memorable cameo in the Soderbergh's Ocean's Eleven. He also reprises his role, as himself, in the sequel Ocean's Twelve. Earlier this year he could be seen in Robert Luketic's romantic comedy Win a Date With Tad Hamilton!, alongside Kate Bosworth and Josh Duhamel. Before that, he was in last winter's Mona Lisa Smile, opposite Julia Roberts, Kirsten Dunst and Marcia Gay Harden.

He fell into acting in high school in which he starred in plays such as "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum". After high school, he moved out to Los Angeles for college and soon embarked on his acting career with a starring role on That '70s Show, remarkably sans prior industry experience. He currently resides in Los Angeles.

No where does it say he will be playing a villain... just that he is perfect for the complexities of the role they're developing.

Marvel Studios Chairman/ CEO Avi Arad announced Thursday (May 19) that Topher Grace is joining the cast of the upcoming blockbuster "Spider-Man 3." Scheduled for release on May 4,

2007, the third movie in the "Spider-Man" saga will unite the "In Good Company" star with previously announced participants Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco and Thomas Haden Church.

"First we had Tom, [now] we have a very interesting guy joining the cast," said a smiling Arad at MTV's West Coast headquarters. "His name is Topher."

Arad said the presence of Grace — whose role is not yet known — will continue a Marvel movie tradition of casting actors who might not immediately come to mind to portray comic book characters. "That's the fun in this universe. We have a good rule about this: There is no against type. You find someone who brings the role of the individual, not the costumed individual, to life. Before we put Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man, if you had said Peter Parker ... if you just did a [survey], I don't think you would have heard too many Tobey Maguires coming to mind."

While Arad and Marvel continue to refuse comment on which characters Grace and Church will play, the 57-year-old Arad did hint that Grace had been cast contrary to the typical nice-guy roles that have made him a household name. "That's a good question," is all he'd say when asked for the identity of Grace's alter ego. "Just before I came here, we were all on the phone with [other Marvel executives] and I said to them, 'Are you nuts? We can't tell anybody who he is. This is all the fun. The fun is figuring out.'

"That's how you have to look at it," Arad said about keeping the fans waiting. "Topher, we believe, is joining the ranks of the incredible actors."

With Church, Arad remains similarly tight-lipped, side-stepping fan rumors that the Oscar-nominated "Sideways" star will take on the villainous role of Sandman. "I don't know," he smiled. "[Church is] all confused, you know, these Texans. Yes, of course he [knows who he's playing]. You know what? The movie is 2007; to be straight about it, it's taking all the fun away. I just love the fact that there are such guessing games going on."

In a statement from Marvel, series director Sam Raimi expressed similar enthusiasm for the casting news. "I couldn't be more excited about the direction we are taking the continuing adventures of Peter Parker. Topher Grace is an extraordinarily talented actor and will be perfect for the complexities of the role we are developing."

While discussing the film, Arad also dismissed rumors that the next two "Spider-Man" movies will be filmed simultaneously, following the cost-cutting formulas of the "Matrix" or "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequels. "Not true," he insisted. "No, it doesn't make sense ... I don't believe it. I don't believe you really save money. What you do, in essence, is you ensure that you book your stars for long enough."

Still, he said excitedly, Peter Parker's next adventure will be the most ambitious one yet. " 'Spider-Man 3' has to be bigger than '1' and '2,' " Arad said, "So storywise it's already bigger, the characters in it are already bigger ... it will already be a handful to [complete it by] May 2007."

More than $1.5 billion worldwide has been taken in by the "Spider-Man" film franchise with its first two installments. "Spider-Man 3," which will be working off a script penned by second-installment writer Alvin Sargent, begins filming early next year.

Again... directly from the horse's mouth (or ass, as some would assert ;)) "complexities" and "cast contrary to typical nice-guy roles"... not "villain" or "the second villain" or "one of the villains".

And I find it perhaps telling that Raimi, in particular, commenting Grace talks of the "continuing adventures of Peter Parker"... not Spider-Man.

Arad is the Devil... and Sam is one of his minions. ;)

And God, please don't make him another love interest for MJ.... PLEASE!!!!.

Please... don't insult the Devil's intelligence. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"