Iron Man 2 Possible ARG/Viral Campaign

Hopefully... I mean... There has to be a trailer with a little bit of plot details... I think that is what distinguishes a trailer from a teaser... In the teaser you get the imagery of plot, while in the trailer you get verbal plot

Hopefully... I mean... There has to be a trailer with a little bit of plot details... I think that is what distinguishes a trailer from a teaser... In the teaser you get the imagery of plot, while in the trailer you get verbal plot

A teaser IS trailer, ie: "an extract from a film or programme used for advance advertising."*

*OED

So, can we safely say that there is no ARG for this?

Yeah, it's safe to say.

The thing they did was just a small little thing to give us fans to play with while they fixed up the trailer.

So, can we safely say that there is no ARG for this?

I dont know. I mean what we got was a little weak being an ARG.

I doubt that they would have created the ARG at SDCC 09 just for something this little.

I hope we get more.

I dont know. I mean what we got was a little weak being an ARG.

I doubt that they would have created the ARG at SDCC 09 just for something this little.

I hope we get more.
It wasn't an ARG at all. :oldrazz: At least not yet.

Again, Star Trek had a small ARG (a real one) that lasted a month before release. IM2 might have something like that as well. Or it might have something akin to what Terminator Salvation had, which wasn't an ARG exactly either but had some viral marketing to it.

Yeah you are correct Anita. What we have right now, it's not an ARG.

Yes!

Go from IT Hero to Super Hero

Tell Us Your Oracle Success Story for a Chance to:
Become the Honorary CIO of Stark Industries
Attend a Premiere of Iron Man 2

Are you transforming your enterprise through innovation by using Oracle solutions? Does your company consider you a business hero? Then Marvel and Oracle challenge you to enter the Stark Industries Honorary CIO Contest. Tell us your Oracle success story and you could become the Honorary CIO of Stark Industries. Our winner will:

• Become an Honorary CIO of Stark Industries
  • Attend a premier of Iron Man 2
  • Have their success story appear on Oracle.com
Enter to win! Contestants must enter by March 15, 2010 - some restrictions apply. Get contest details below:

So there's no ARG? How successful a campaign do you guys feel this has been so far? Is there still time for an ARG to happen?

Well, looks like it started. www.Starkindustriesnow.com now directs you to...

http://www.starkexpo2010.com/

Here's the first look at John Slattery as Howard Stark. I got this from a Video on the above mention website

35d8769.jpg

my friends has beed talking about where it says tickes available soon, and thinks that might change soon. I'm hoping this leads somewhere but i can't see where.

Interesting how the plan layout of the convention looks like the triangular arc reactor schematic from that video.

my friends has beed talking about where it says tickes available soon, and thinks that might change soon. I'm hoping this leads somewhere but i can't see where.
when it gets closer to May 7, it'll probably just link to fandango or something.

I still have my Business card from Comic-Con 2009. I really wish this thing took off, but it was way too small, I mean I didn't even know anything happened.

I still have my Business card from Comic-Con 2009. I really wish this thing took off, but it was way too small, I mean I didn't even know anything happened.
It seems to be like the viral stuff that happened for Terminator Salvation and maybe Avatar. Some background info and maybe a little audience participation but no actual games.

Anybody have a Stark Expo '74 t-shirt size medium they want to part with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"