Possible New Direction For X-Men Saga!

DrChronic

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok i didnt want to comment but i was recently at comic-con this year and i had the chance to talk to a few Ultimate X-Men writers as well as Zak Penn aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! One of the writers of x-men the last stand...

Twas a dream come twue. I had all about 5 question's i could ask before i was shoed along for the next fan. So basically i asked the usual Gambit question, Sinister Question, X4 question. Wolverine Spin off... You probably heard the answers to those questions over on other boards or so forth. But it was his answer to the Wolverine question that lead me to possible given him an idea for another spin that would work....

Basically i asked, Is Wolverine the only character you forsee a Spin Off movie franchise or is that the end for the x-men and the masion.

He said, Wolverine is the most icon character and with Magneto it is difficult to involve any other story line of which another one of the x-men characters. We considered a Mystique movie, but considering her fate in x-men the last stand, it wouldnt quiet fit in. But were always considering new possibilities for spin offs.

To of which i replyed... Other Spin offs, Personnely i feel that you have more than just two iconic figures in x-men.... Phoenix and Cyclops. It is believed that one of the endings had scott awake in a hostpial and blow up the roof when he opens his eyes. This would indicate hes alive, then you have the whole phoenix's grave idea... "He didnt comment on those but he said wait for the dvd." But Why not have Cyclops go insearch of Jean. He awakes from a coma, discovers what happend and found Jean's grave dug up. Going with a gut feeling he goes insearch of her.

To of which he replied, thats actually not a bad idea, i mean you wouldnt have to return the whole cast, just James Madsen and Famke Jassen. We could bring in new characters and it would be some what of a follow on story but a spin of as well.

So there you have it, the seeds of an idea is now planted in his head for a Cyclops: The Search For Jean movie...

Im not such a big Cyclops or Jean fan... i Quiet liked the demi characters they had in such movies, Toad, Nightcrawler, Beast and 2 Scene Angel. But if they did make a Cyclops movie, i would watch it.

Inccidently what character do you think could possible continue on from the saga story.

Xavier - Possible i mean, they could do The Return Of Xavier type story of which he then heads up a new British style team. Excalaba. I mean he awakes in a new body on Muir Island, but the enemy could be The Shadow King.

Storm - She's been grounded, i mean by the end of x-men the last stand shes been given the burdon of looking after the school. So they cant really continue on Unless they make X-MEN 4

Wolverine - Already is having one.

Jean - see previous post

Scott - see previous post

Beast - unless they make a West Wing: The Mutant Story then i cant see him being anything else but a fill in character for X-Men 4

Inccidently what character do you think could possible continue on from the saga story.

Xavier - Possible i mean, they could do The Return Of Xavier type story of which he then heads up a new British style team. Excalaba. I mean he awakes in a new body on Muir Island, but the enemy could be The Shadow King.

Storm - She's been grounded, i mean by the end of x-men the last stand shes been given the burdon of looking after the school. So they cant really continue on Unless they make X-MEN 4

Jean - see previous post

Beast - unless they make a West Wing: The Mutant Story then i cant see him being anything else but a fill in character for X-Men 4

Jean - see previous post

Why are you the only one posting here? And multiple times? Just edit your posts....

And now sure Zak meant by waiting for the dvd ...

DrChronic said:

Jean - see previous post

Wow... thanks for sharing :up:

You mean movies for these characters? Well Storm & Beast movie would be cool. But I think I prefer best that Beast appears in X4 rather than having his own. I like the idea of him with the X-Men. On the other hand... *drools*

for me this is high hopes..... spin off of Scott and Phoenix.....

I hope that Cyke movie thing will happen. I will watch it. It could act as a spin off and a 4th film so it can give more development for these 2 characters who got screwed over and continue the x-men story.

If all of that would happen then I won't be hating X3. I just don't want cyclops dead it just ruins the story.

Oh wow, another spin off idea that won't involve equal participation of all the team members and there for won't please the majority of the X-MEN fan base, so people will still be ****in about it.

Yea, this will go over real well.

Goddessreicho said:
Oh wow, another spin off idea that won't involve equal participation of all the team members and there for won't please the majority of the X-MEN fan base, so people will still be ****in about it.

But it will give the character's who got screwed out of development in all 3 films some justice.

Like Storm, Psylocke, Colossus and the others. Ah-huh sure.

That's right they'll get their chance to shine in a story that is all about Jean guest starring Cyke, and with a guest appearance by Wolverine.

I'm surprised he didn't say: "wait for the DVD, Cyclops fans will be pleased"... :o

Why can't they give us, just once, a yes/no answer??

The movie is out, you can't spoil it any longer! I can't believe that we're still getting this kind of BS so late in the process!

Haven't the writers been saying over and over that Cyclops fans won't be disappointed before the movie came out?

They lie, it's what they do. There can NEVER be a Cyclops and Jean movie. Theres no huge audience for that.

that is a good idea. giving cyclops his own "movie" that takes place after x3. However, I doubt that would come along if fox still has the X-Men movie rights. But that would really be a good idea. They could also show like how he got his powers and how he lost his parents, some flashbacks of him going to xaviers school and meeting and falling in love with jean, his relationship with the professor, ect. And this would be a good way to introduce characters like emma frost, havok, sinister.

gap5ewl said:
that is a good idea. giving cyclops his own "movie" that takes place after x3. However, I doubt that would come along if fox still has the X-Men movie rights. But that would really be a good idea. They could also show like how he got his powers and how he lost his parents, some flashbacks of him going to xaviers school and meeting and falling in love with jean, his relationship with the professor, ect. And this would be a good way to introduce characters like emma frost, havok, sinister.
it is a good idea but sadly it'll never happen.

Unless, if they did a TV series and show the X-Men origins. Kinda like Smallville but better.

@DrChronic - If what you're telling is true, then I really appreciate what you're doing. Thank you:)

I really don't like the idea of bringing Cyclops and/or Jean back into the mix with their own little spinoffs as a way of compensating something...

-TNC

I don't like spinoffs either, I want them to comeback in X-men 4.

Man, the forum is so slow.

gap5ewl said:
They could also show like how he got his powers and how he lost his parents, some flashbacks of him going to xaviers school and meeting and falling in love with jean, his relationship with the professor, ect.

your ideas would be great for a character arc within a movie, but i dont think anyone but comic fans would be interested. i understand that these stories are completely entertaining and all, but as stand-alone movies, they're irrelevant.

the only comics that seem to become movies (and subsequently, the only movies that have a chance at succeeding) are those that feature character(s) that have had their own successful ongoing books or a mini-series/graphic novel that introduced and completed a story in its entirety.

i just imagine that anyone that's seen the x-men movies would react in the "why are they making a cyclops movie?" kind of way. i mean, i'm a huge x-men comic book fan, and even i cant see the relevance in it. i would be embarrassed to see a cyclops movie or a storm movie because it seems like they're just taking it too far. these characters have never been successful outside of their team element (gambit's had how many cancelled series?) and that same factor will translate to the movie world. that's why i think the magneto spin-off is a horrible idea.

Goddessreicho said:

No ROLO :( :rolleyes:

At least Jean and Scott deserve some screen time to their relationship.

No X spinoff would work except wolverine.....and i doubt that movie will be much of a hit...

The Batman said:
No X spinoff would work except wolverine.....and i doubt that movie will be much of a hit...

Wolvering may be the most popular character, but standalone he's not that big. I thiink FOX is deluding themselves on what scale Wolverine is as compared to the rest of the cast combined.

ntcrawler said:
Wolvering may be the most popular character, but standalone he's not that big. I thiink FOX is deluding themselves on what scale Wolverine is as compared to the rest of the cast combined.
I agree..Wolverine isn't Spiderman and he never will be, they're pushing him too far IMO. As for the Phoenix and Cyclops spin-off, you're acting like it's fact that they'll have one just because Zac Penn said you had a good idea. Many ideas are a possibility but barely ever do they actually become a movie. Personally I think it's a bad idea as is any solo movie including Wolverine and Magneto's. At that point I think audiences would realize that they're milking the X-Men franchise for all it's worth and might question the quality of the solo films before seeing them.

Goddessreicho said:
Like Storm, Psylocke, Colossus and the others. Ah-huh sure.

That's right they'll get their chance to shine in a story that is all about Jean guest starring Cyke, and with a guest appearance by Wolverine.
:eek: :up: :) I know right?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"