Homecoming Post-Homecoming: Who's the best Spidey and Peter Parker?

As someone who grew up loving the Raimi trilogy--and I still consider Spider-Man 2 the best movie with Spidey in it--Tom Holland walks away with this in a landslide.

He nails the character. It is magical in a way the others didn't. I still really like what Tobey did, but Holland? Yeah he now owns this role.

Yes, he so absolutely crushed the role and is the perfect Peter Parker/ Spiderman.

But honestly, watching that film you realize how good the writers are and what liberty they are taking with the character. They brought Spiderman up to the real world of today and it works.

Tom Holland is now the best Spider-Man/Peter for me, I did love Tobey as Peter but Tom nails it absolutely. I just want to see more of him now!

Holland was fine, and likeable, but I'm bemused why his Disney-fied, cutesy, excitable puppy version of the character is so popular. Spidey was never like that in the comic, even when he was a teenager.

Holland was fine, and likeable, but I'm bemused why his Disney-fied, cutesy, excitable puppy version of the character is so popular. Spidey was never like that in the comic, even when he was a teenager.

How can it be 'Disney-fied' when this was a Columbia Pictures distributed-Marvel Studios produced movie? Also,what does Disney-fied even mean?

Just rewatched HC on Monday and Holland's just wonderful.

Andrew Garfield as Peter and Spiderman, by a comfortable margin as Peter and by a massive landslide as Spiderman. Holland is a distant second in both and I thought McGuire was awful, period.

Andrew Garfield as Peter and Spiderman, by a comfortable margin as Peter and by a massive landslide as Spiderman. Holland is a distant second in both and I thought McGuire was awful, period.

Holland was going to win any poll as mcu spider-man.same as homecoming would win best spider-man film.

now holland defently looks like teenager so i will give him that.but his entire character of parker isn't my idea.garfield's version is best.Marguire beats holland but writing for peter in rami's trilogy was bit lacking even if spider-man 1 and 2 are classic films.

with spider-man it's bit closer though garfield and marguire both better since they weren't wearing iron man knockup suit and didn't deal with stuff in homecoming.

After marathoning all the Spider-men films this past weekend, I double down on my pick as Holland for both.

Until Homecoming, I always felt that Tobey was a great Peter and that Andrew was a great Spidey...
Now I feel that we finally have one actor that gets both characters and boy does it show on the screen... :woot:

Looking back on it. Sony did an amazing Job casting both and they were very unique and reminiscent of the character in there own ways. But Holland just captures the overall character entirely. Holland for best Peter and Spidey.

For me, it's still easily Andrew Garfield and it's not even close. Holland is in last place for me. It's mostly due to the writing but his performance didn't help much. I hate how childish he is. There's a difference between acting his age and being straight up childish. If he's more mature in future movies, I'll probably warm to him now but like this? Nah..

A Peter Parker who hears Tony Stark's voice in his head, and not Uncle Ben's, to inspire him to pull himself out of the rubble is no Spider-Man to me. I knew people would use double standards with the MCU but people gave ASM 2 endless **** for downplaying the importance of Uncle Ben. At least there it was his parents, which makes sense. But Tony freaking Stark? Seriously? Come on.

Andrew Garfield for me.

How can it be 'Disney-fied' when this was a Columbia Pictures distributed-Marvel Studios produced movie? Also,what does Disney-fied even mean?

It means harmless and cute, with all the edges smoothed off.

Last edited:
Best Peter Parker-Tobey Maguire by far

Best Spider-Man-Tobey Maguire by a hair over Andrew Garfield

Despite a few differences in the writing, Holland's version seemed to really outright be the same as Garfield's, I don't see what he did or the writers did that was different or better, I really don't get why reactions would be very different.

Despite a few differences in the writing, Holland's version seemed to really outright be the same as Garfield's, I don't see what he did or the writers did that was different or better, I really don't get why reactions would be very different.

The Holland version is very young, and naive, and full of energy, desperate to impress Tony and join the Avengers. He's very much a Millennial.

The Garfield version is a bit more mature, moody, bit of a loner and an outsider. He's very Generation X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"