Post-NWH: What Do You Want To See In The Next Trilogy?(Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by Detective Conan, Dec 17, 2021.

1. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Agreed. I think there could be a lot of humor seeing Spidey juggle multiple jobs like Tobey Maguire trying to deliver a pizza on time, etc.

Mr. Peanut and Frodo like this.
  2. Mr. Peanut Registered

Now I suddenly want to see Peter Parker working as a telemarketer making cold calls at a call center.

BobJM likes this.
  3. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

I'd weave a story over multiple films where Peter's decision at the end of NWH becomes increasingly a disaster.

Start with Fisk for sure anyway, and have him recruit MITs finest which includes Ned, Flash and MJ, a hallmark of his usual manipulations of young people.

First film would be Fisk and whoever from the villain catalog doing his dirty work. Peter finds himself increasingly struggling under the strain of being alone and knowing his friends are assisting Fisk. Finds the symbiote at the end.

Second film would be Venom suit while he deals with Ned as Hobgoblin and other problems, again driven by Fisk. Nearly kills Ned under the influence of the suit. Separates himself from the Venom suit afterwards. Fisk gets his hands on the symbiote and hands it to Flash.

3rd film would be Peter with a renewed sense of hope facing off against Venom / Fisk with MJ and Ned now back on the former's side. The film is about Peter trying to beat Venom without killing Flash, and then onto the final showdown with Fisk.

4. Frodo Registered

I could Holland's Peter as an Uber driver .

5. Chris B Registered

Admittedly, it be hard to to pull it off considering how MCU Jameson has been portrayed. But if they could find a way to make it work, I'd be all for it.

6. SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

I don't really see him having a license tbh

7. Frodo Registered

I'm pretty sure he's got it. :cwink:

Green Goblin and SpeterMan3 like this.
  8. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

Black Cat I feel is a must have.

The classic secret identity square: Peter likes Felicia but thinks Black Cat is a crook, Felicia thinks Peter is a good friend but wants hop Spidey's bones.

BrollySupersj likes this.
  9. herolee10 No More Miracles

Prior to 2020, I was hoping that we would get some kind of adaptation of Mr. Negative's story from the PS4 videogame. However, I don't think that's an option anymore given the current circumstances.

Honestly, I hope that Tom's Spider-Man gets to have his happy ending at the conclusion of his run as Spider-Man. You don't need to kill him off in order to make room for Miles Morales.

10. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue (???) (Undecided/still figuring out)

Aside from what everyone else has said, I’d really like them to go street level with the next film. Really make a statement on how this next trilogy differentiates itself from the previous one.

In that vein, I’d suggest using the Enforcers as the foes Spider-Man has to face. Have them start out as competent, above-average thugs that Spidey defeats the first time in the beginning of the film, but get hired by Kingpin and equipped with fancy tech to give themselves an edge. Since he’s alone and has to solve problems by himself now, what better problem for him to confront than a group of super thugs (plus, it would be neat to see the person who originally wanted to be an Avenger now as Public Enemy #1 facing off against a team of “superheroes”).

As far as members, Shocker and Scorpion would be great inclusions, since they were teased in Homecoming, as well as original comic book team members like Fancy Dan and Ox, since you need a competent hand to hand fighter and a heavy. Have the Tinkerer come back and be the one to give them their tech upgrades. Basically, it’s Kingpin trying to make a street level, Avengers-type group, but to stop Spider-Man. And, with Spidey’s public image tarnished, Fisk would have no problem getting approval.

Also, due to his current isolation, and the tease we got of the piece of the Symbiote left behind, we’ll probably see Peter struggle quite a bit emotionally and tap into his dark side. Maybe after the Enforcers, now with high-tech gear and weapons, get him in the rematch, he’s more tempted to use the symbiote to help him, since he’s probably kind of scared and still hasn’t quite figured out how to operate on his own. Also, I just want to see them do some recreation of the Black Suit Spidey vs Sinister Six fight from Spectacular Spider-Man, but with the Enforcers instead of the S6. Really show us what he could be capable if he didn’t hold back. Basically, the brutally and visceral nature of the Apartment fight in No Way Home x10, but more efficient and cold.

Black Cat could be interesting to have throughout as a foil to occasionally trip him up and the devil on Spidey’s shoulder slightly nudging him over to the dark side when he’s wearing the Black Suit. Having Daredevil in this could tie into Kingpin’s involvement with the Enforcers, as he’s trying bring down Fisk, so he and Spider-Man have to work a bit together at certain points to fight baddies or solve problems. Plus, it would be great for Matt Murdock, someone who has dealt with isolation from friends and struggled with not giving into his inner demons and going too far as a solo masked hero with a secret identity, to counsel Peter in his darkest moments and give him a new friend to talk to, just to let him know that it will be okay and that he’s not alone. The idea of “The Devil of Hell’s Kitchen” being the angel on Peter’s shoulder guiding him back to light is just too good to pass up.

Bring in Harry and Gwen as his new group of friends to make him a bit less lonely and bring just a bit of light back into his life after suffering so much loss in NWH. Gwen could be his intellectual equal and emotional confidant in his civilian life, and Harry could help him out a bit when in a bind, while also looking to Peter as kind of a big brother figure. Plus, with Gwen Stacy in the picture and Spider-Man as a “Menace”, Captain Stacy would be great for Spidey to have on the law side of things, possibly even help rehabilitate Spider-Man’s image. Maybe, after Spidey defeats the Enforcers at the end, Stacy reveals them for the crooks they really are, thus clearing the Wallcrawler’s name. Have Captain Stacy sort of be Spider-Man’s Commissioner Gordon, but more amiable.

(Did I mention I love Spectacular Spider-Man? ‘Cause I love Spectacular Spider-Man.)

Basically, use this film to establish the new status quo in regards to Spidey’s allies, his personal relationships, his adversaries and his relationship to the city as a solo superhero.

#110 TheWiseGuy487, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    SpeterMan3 and Venom 1988 like this.
  11. Frodo Registered

several possible characters for Spiderman 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Instead of George Stacy, they could use Jean Dewolff
    [​IMG]

A less likely inclusion after NWH, but there's always Gwen. Given that the MCU Spiderman has already broken the rules, there's nothing to say this Gwen would have to die.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#111 Frodo, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  12. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Yes! Take as many cues from Spectacular Spider-Man as you want; love that show. And I’d love to see an adaptation of black suit Spidey sleepwalk-fighting his way through an encounter against a bunch of baddies. In this case, like you suggested, The Enforcers.

Really like Kingpin relying on his Enforcers to take on super-powered heroes. Although I’d like to see avoid another false hero story like Mysterio, I could see Kingpin enlisting Tinkerer to upgrade his goons to be able to take on Avengers, etc.

For Enforcers, I’d say have Mac Gargan lead them as Scorpion. And of course Fancy Dan & Ox. Jackson Brice / Montana was already in Homecoming, I don’t think he needs to be revisited. Maybe throw in fun side villains like Stilt Man, Big Wheel, or Prowler (Aaron Davis) as additional Enforcers.

I’d like to see Donald Glover’s Aaron Davis reintroduced in these movies so as to set up the eventual introduction to Mikes Morales. He could be Peter’s new neighbor and/ or Spider-Man’s informant (like Daredevil and Turk, for instance).

I don’t know if Peter needs another best-friend character in place of Ned. I don’t really want to see him return (he’s fine, but let’s move on from Ned/high school). But I definitely don’t want another Harry Osborn either. So maybe a young Miles Morales is paling around with Peter, or maybe we get Hobie Brown.

Additionally, Felicia Hardy as the female lead. Save Gwen for later Miles Morales-led movies, like Into the Spider-Verse. I really like that pairing.

And I do want Zendaya’s MJ to return, but in a limited role in SM4 to play up her and Peter’s dramatic reunion by the end of a new trilogy.

And instead of going with the Stacys again so soon, and using George Stacy as a Commissioner Gordon stand-in, use Det. Jean DeWolff as Spidey’s ally in the NYPD.

13. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

More focus on the street crime aspect. Bring in D'onofrio's Kingpin for Tom Holland to face against with help from Charlie Cox's Daredevil. And finally bringing in Scorpion as well, you could still have MCU Jameson hire him to take down Spider-Man since it would be very fitting with this version of the character.

Also would really like to see them do Felicia Hardy/Black Cat justice.

14. BrollySupersj The only verdict, is vengeance.

I want them to utilize Michael Mando as freaking Scorpion. He's a terrific actor and can play a villain so damn good.

Mr. Peanut and Venom 1988 like this.
  15. BobJM Uncle Charlie

I’d like to see another 6 movies with Holland, 3 solo films, and 3 MCU/Avengers appearances. Maybe he dies in Secret Wars saving the universe like his mentor, Tony Stark.

16. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

- The Sinister Six
    - Kingpin
    - Black Cat
    - Venom
    - Carnage
    - Scorpion
    - Kraven
    - Rhino
    - Morbius
    - Tombstone
    - Hobgoblin
    - Hammerhead
    - Chameleon
    - Spider-Slayers

17. Mr. Peanut Registered

The idea of this Spider-man dying just feels overly morbid and depressing to me, in a way that Iron Man's death didn't. I guess because Iron Man started out as a selfish jerk and his life as a superhero, and eventually his death, was basically atonement for that. Whereas Spider-man has always been selfless, plus he's a lot younger, plus the whole reason Iron Man traveled back in time in the first place and ended up dying is because he wanted to revive Peter, plus the idea of the MCU being this chain of heroes dying and being replaced would get super depressing super fast if they aren't careful (which I imagine is why they avoided killing off Captain America when his actor wanted to leave).

Basically what I'm saying is don't kill off my boy Spidey.

SpeterMan3 likes this.
  18. Green Goblin Crawling on walls

I'd like a Spidey/Shang Chi team up with Mr Negative

Frodo and BobJM like this.
  19. SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

I feel like we're all largely on the same page, and I just think that's really nice. :yay:

Frodo likes this.
  20. BrollySupersj The only verdict, is vengeance.

Yeah I would love to see Black Cat now. Another potential love interest for Pete now that he's going to leave MJ alone. Black Cat and Scorpion, make it so.

#120 BrollySupersj, Dec 24, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    Frodo likes this.
  21. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue (???) (Undecided/still figuring out)

-I think you could definitely bring back Herman Schultz as the Shocker. We don’t know what happened to him at the end of Homecoming, so he could still be out there. Also, we’ve seen him work with another team, so him leading the Enforcers would make a lot of sense. Maybe he and Mac could have a rivalry over who gets to lead. Or even give them an O’Hirn/Marko from SSM type of relationship where they’re they’ve been best buds all along and still work together as supervillains.

-Definitely bring in Miles at some point, since he’s been hinted at already. However, I don’t think Peter should be killed at the expense of getting Miles to be Spider-Man. You can still have Tom’s Spider-Man around in the background or supporting role, maybe even as a mentor to Miles, kind of like in the Miles Morales PS5 game. Both can coexist in the same world without taking anything away from each other.

-I really would like Peter to have some sort of peer he can be friends with or talk to. Because of the change in his status quo after NWH and this period of his life, it doesn’t have to be like his friendship with Ned and MJ. It can work and will feel different from that.

-Felicia/Black Cat, absolutely. We’re in the third iteration of a live-action Spider-Man, and we still haven’t seen her yet. This would be the perfect point in the story to do it, too. With him being on his own now, and much more vulnerable, he’s going to be a lot more cautious and careful about whom he chooses to ally with, and Black Cat would be the perfect character to test that. She mostly looks out for her own interests, but also is willing to help out when the going gets tough. She’s the perfect gray character. And seeing the dynamic Peter and Felicia have without knowing the other’s costumed identity would create so much fun tension.

-Yeah, I didn’t even think about the potential future Gwen/Miles relationship. For sure keep that. It’s a pretty recent development in comics within the last few years, but I think there’s potential to mined from that. I mean, Across the Spider-Verse definitely seems to be going in that direction, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for this series.

-I agree on MJ. Build up to that throughout the trilogy, and have that special moment where they finally meet “again” really mean something when it happens. Then, in the next trilogy, you have more of a semi-traditional, comic book inspired version of their relationship where they’re both grown adults living together in an apartment, in a loving relationship where MJ knows and supports Peter’s role as Spider-Man, and eventually they get married.

-DeWolff as an initial ally to Spider-Man early on I’m cool with, but Stacy still has to have at least some presence. Maybe DeWolff could be the path to Spidey forming that alliance with Stacy eventually.

#121 TheWiseGuy487, Dec 24, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    Venom 1988 likes this.
  22. Frodo Registered

Kraven The Hunter Reportedly Coming To The MCU (Agents of Fandom EXCLUSIVE) - FandomWire

Given that Fandomwire were among the first people to break Tobey and Andrew returning in Spiderman No Way Home, in addition to Doc Ock and Electro being involved, when alot of fans were skeptical, I'm not gonna discount the at all possibility.

Don't know if it's the same source as the Spidermen story ,or if it's a new source which is just as strong, but I certainly put much more stock in it given that Fandomwire were pretty much on the money with SMNWH months before alot of the stuff was confirmed.

It doesn't mean he'll be in Spiderman 4, but it's an interesting development if true.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#122 Frodo, Dec 25, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Seeing Spidey with Fisk, Black Cat and Daredevil is going to feel fresh even after so many Spidey films. All of those characters are overdue.

24. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yep, I’m up for seeing this phase of Holland-Spider-Man’s life. Late pizza deliveries due to being caught up in crimes in progress while swinging around New York. It is time.

ironman29758, Venom 1988 and Frodo like this.
  25. Frodo Registered

After seeing Last Night In Soho, Anna Taylor Joy is like my number 1 choice to play Felica Hardy aka Black Cat.

She'd be perfect for the role imo, and it would be interesting to see an actress of her caliber play off of Tom Holland's Peter.

It would also be interesting for Tom's Peter/ Spiderman to meet this striking , charismatic, cunning, and capable young woman who is the polar opposite of MJ and Liz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ironman29758 likes this.