Post pictures of things you DON'T want to see in a DC Movie

aquaman.jpg

Wondertwinsross.jpg

I swear, if I see those two a**holes in this, I'll scream.

canenduplookingsilly2.jpg

I'm not saying this is a bad picture, these are some good costumes. What I am trying to say is that I am worried that because of their costumes the JLA might not work so well on the big screen.
I guess that stuff would come with the lighting, the costumes would be tweaked a little, and the effects would make the costumes better.

Naw, I wouldn't worry. Those are bad costumes. Well, not bad for fan made costumes, they're actually quite good but, the standards for film costumes are much, much higher. The material is one of the most important parts, and it's dead wrong in those costumes, especially the material in Flash's boots and Wonder Woman's entire outfit would never in a million years cut it for a film costume. Also those costumes are purposely trying to emulate the comics as closely as possible, but the fact of the matter is these things don't emulate well directly to live action. For isntance, while accurate to the comics, Batman's belt is laughably large. Something like that wouldn't be used in a movie. Look at it this way. The above costumes are made to look like something out of a comic book, and so they look weird because they don't belong in the real world, but the professional costume will look fine because they will be made to look like they can actually fit within the real world. Even under fairly equal lighting conditions, the difference between fan-made and professional is night and day:

Spidey001.jpg

Here we have a fan-made costume which is actually quite good. I'm not digging the lenses too much, but otherwise it's good.

spider-man_3_07051.jpg

And here is a professionally made costume. Even under fairly natural lighting conditions, you can see that it is eons better than the fan-made costume. Sometimes we take it for granted, but the level of detail here is insane. Every inch of the costume is precise.

The same level of detail will go into the Justice League costumes, so it's really nothing to worry about. As long as each costume individually looks great, things will be fine.

caviezel1.jpg

Ech
gale13806_narrowweb__300x492,0.jpg

This manface
tom-welling-superman.jpg

Not for the movie
jla_alex_ross.jpg

Nothing like his costumes or his version of the JL

I think Alex Ross' classic costume approach would be fine for the movie, but things would definately have to be tweaked at the very least. Alex Ross however doesn't draw or paint the costumes to look like the movies, as mentioned by odiin, he draws and paints them to fit into his comic book world (which while close to the real world is still not the real world.) So it wouldn't fit. But I like his approach to them, I don't want to see any strappy leather, zippers, type stuff (like the FF costumes. I know some people like them and its fine, I however do not. I don't want to see smething like stretchy spandex or straps or buckles added to someone like GL's costume, when id wouldn't really apply since his costume is made by his ring. I could see that for the Flash maybe.

Naw, I wouldn't worry. Those are bad costumes. Well, not bad for fan made costumes, they're actually quite good but, the standards for film costumes are much, much higher. The material is one of the most important parts, and it's dead wrong in those costumes, especially the material in Flash's boots and Wonder Woman's entire outfit would never in a million years cut it for a film costume. Also those costumes are purposely trying to emulate the comics as closely as possible, but the fact of the matter is these things don't emulate well directly to live action. For isntance, while accurate to the comics, Batman's belt is laughably large. Something like that wouldn't be used in a movie. Look at it this way. The above costumes are made to look like something out of a comic book, and so they look weird because they don't belong in the real world, but the professional costume will look fine because they will be made to look like they can actually fit within the real world. Even under fairly equal lighting conditions, the difference between fan-made and professional is night and day:

And here is a professionally made costume. Even under fairly natural lighting conditions, you can see that it is eons better than the fan-made costume. Sometimes we take it for granted, but the level of detail here is insane. Every inch of the costume is precise.

The same level of detail will go into the Justice League costumes, so it's really nothing to worry about. As long as each costume individually looks great, things will be fine.

That is true, I never thought of it that way.
Its two seperate worlds. What I was talking about wasn't just that I was worried that they would make the costumes look like that (I wasn't worried so much about that at all actually). What I was worried about was the feeling, you look there and see them walking around the real world next to some real people.
I had this theory that because of the number of JLA members (about 6 members), the theory was that their costumes wouldn't look so silly in a movie if they were all together. But the photo made me think differently. But like you siad these costumes were taken straight from the comic world and put into the real world. In the movie they would be altered from the comic book to a movie world version and put into the movie world. Soi it should end up OK.

Yeah, I could live with less Lex.

I better not see any

244.belushi.jim.100606.jpg

or any

258960~Hayden-Christensen-Posters.jpg

or any

Pee-Wee-Herman-Photograph-C10042164.jpeg

and NO

alf.jpg

Spidey001.jpg

Here we have a fan-made costume which is actually quite good. I'm not digging the lenses too much, but otherwise it's good.

spider-man_3_07051.jpg

I agree...there's like a hundred thousand dollar difference between the fan made costumes and the movie costumes. JLA costumes would rock if made with good material like the spidey one was.

^^^

Isn't he a member of the Affirmative Action League? *snicker*

I think this guy would look more ridiculous than a power ranger on screen

Firestorm_raymond.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back