Poster/Billboard Sightings Thread

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Retroman, Nov 26, 2005.

1. FlameHead Registered

Very true... or it'll be a full Blaze pic one way and a full Ghost Rider while looking at it another way.

2. Threshold Simply Amazing

Nice thread! I'll keep my eyes open.

3. FlameHead Registered

You do that... and take a camera with you in case you see something. Preferably a digital one for easy upload and sharing with us....

4. Retroman Registered

Bumping back up this almost (almost) accient thread.:D

Do you guys think they'll start releasing the GR poster artwork in theatres anytime soon? The posters for Superman Returns and X3 have been there for almost a year before their release.

Maybe now would be a good time to put up one. At the very least the teaser one.

5. FlameHead Registered

Yeah, I really think they should have something out there soon. I'm not even sure why it's not out there yet. I mean, I thought they were going to use the year delay to promote the movie wisely. What are they waiting for I wonder?

6. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

I don't usually see teaser posters till around 9 months before the movie, not a full year, if there are any. I definately expect a poster by the time X-Men hit theaters, however, seeing how Sony might want to promote the film during another one of Marvel's franchises.

7. Retroman Registered

I was thinking....next week Showest takes place in Las Vegas (March 13 -16). I know Sony won't (thats what i understand) be showing off anything this year in terms of footage but i do think they might have a poster/standee or two on display for upcoming movies incl. Ghost Rider. Last year just about every major studio did.

I know its not much but its something to look forward to in this GR news drought.:)

http://www.showest.com/filmgroup/index.jsp

8. Advanced Dark Registered

[​IMG]

A poster we've seen before updated with the new date. :)

9. FlameHead Registered

Just wanted to bump this thread because I expect posters to start hitting the theatres any day now. Keep your eyes peeled folks... and perhaps have a camera on you when you go to the cinemas.

10. FlameHead Registered

We'll more than likely get a new poster today too. Apple usually posts them w/ the trailers don't they? Could be an old one I guess...

11. Retroman Registered

He, i was wondering. Has anyone seen a Ghost Rider poster in theatres yet?:confused:

12. FlameHead Registered

A few weeks later and I'm here asking the same question Retro. I know I haven't seen it but, that's not a huge surprise considering where I live.

Anyone?

13. BIGGUN Registered

nope...if Sony were to have one there would have been some news of it before the trailer was released. was hoping they would do one...
    if Sony is truely 100% behind this film expect a decent sized promotion start sometime by the end of this year and then get into full gear by early Feb. the official poster might hit theaters in Dec...hopefully

14. FlameHead Registered

I hoping it's earlier than that. October at the latest.

I was walking out of Supes (blech) on Monday and passed by all the standee's for other movies and just had a quick flash (in my mind) of seeing a Ghost Rider one. Of course, I became pretty excited over the fact that someday soon, we'll likly have a semi lifesize Ghost Rider fillin' the cinimas. Yee haw!

Of course, I wish that someday was now.

15. BIGGUN Registered

from the update on the front page of SHH...1st official ad for GR....a huge a$$ banner!

[​IMG]

kinda plain...was hoping for a full on skull shot but i can see why they have to advertise Cage. just hope they do different styles or they still plan to do that cool gimmick poster for theaters.

16. Retroman Registered

^^Cool:up:
    Damn, i really wanted to go the Cinema Expo cause they were showing Superman Returns there but they don't put tickets on sale for the public.:( Its a bit like Showest - a invite only affair.

If i had known that they had all these posters and billboards outside i'd have gone to take a few pics. Its only 30 minutes away with the train.

*sighs*

17. zer00 Registered

kickass

18. InVictus Registered

I like the fake burning banner thing:)

19. Mr Nick Registered

Maybe they'll do another with half of GR's skull on the other side.

:)

20. LEX Registered

I like :up:

21. FlameHead Registered

Looks great and it's a relief to finally get some promotion happening out there. Hopefully they'll keep the ball a rollin' now.

22. SlipknotGoblin Manip Man

23. FlameHead Registered

LoL. Summer 2006. Thanks for reminding me that the movie would have been released next week if the original (well, 2nd original) date was kept. Grrr.

24. Genesis 1.0 Thread Overlord's Minion

Well they had a nice LOOONG trailer for it during the X-3 movie, my girl had never heard about it but that hooked her. She was marking out when he rode up the side of that building, I was almost embarassed to be around her.

25. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

yeah true...... or actually show burns on the paper