Poster/Billboard Sightings Thread

I expect them by the time the next trailer hits. October is promo month for GR I say.

Ditto. They'd be silly not to capitalise on Halloween.

:ghost:

I would hope so, what does the blog say?
By the way did you guys know the Marvel Boards are open? There's movie sections too.

Mr Nick said:
That new half-and-half poster is ten times better than the original image. The skull is bang on. That's what I want the finished GR skull to look like: realistic with only a little flame in the sockets.

Big thumbies up.

:up:
Yeah, the flames in the 'eyes' take away from the overall effect.

Here it is folks...the 1st official poster!

ghost-rider-poster-395.jpg

i really dig the image of GR holding Roxanne while you still cant make out the detail of the skull. only problem i have /w it are the standard big shots of the actors faces in the background...too plain IMO.
the logo is an improvement though.
otherwise its a very cool poster! getting this for sure

That really is a great design for his bike. The use of it in the poster was a good idea. Would like to see it larger to see a more detailed Rider.

BIGGUN said:
Here it is folks...the 1st official poster!

ghost-rider-poster-395.jpg

i really dig the image of GR holding Roxanne while you still cant make out the detail of the skull. only problem i have /w it are the standard big shots of the actors faces in the background...too plain IMO.
the logo is an improvement though.
otherwise its a very cool poster! getting this for sure

Too soft and lovy dubby. Not edgy at all.

they should have used this for the Feb release...and have something that featured GR more for this month. think those huge heads of the actors hurt it..
but i still like that shot of GR holding an unconscious Roxanne...it reminds me alot of those old monster movie posters where the creature was holding a hot bodied female.

I love it.

GR could look a bit clearer or better but still great.

I love the feel it gives off. Looks almost like a poster for The Prophecy or something.

The floating heads thing. It looks good here. But I don't like floating head posters.

But still great looking. Can't wait to see the next one.

And with the trailer in two days. Good week,

GREAT POSTER!

i cant w8 4 a larger version. also need a wallpapers of this! ;)

I'll admit, I find it lovey dovey also, but isn't that a good thing?
My fiancee wants to see this film, but only for two reasons. 1. she loves bikes. 2. she wants me to be happy. (awwwwwww).
I'll also agree, I like that you can't make out GR all that much. I mean, if you give away one of the drawcards of the film, in the poster, then why see the film?
Nice work Sony! Keep it up.
Abe.

If you don't give it away then how is it a drawcard:o

They're playing the romance/drama angle and I think that's a very smart move. Nobody wants a shallow movie. And, hopefully, it'll make it appealing to those who have little interest in superhero stories.

I like the design a lot. There's something kind of Old Hollywood/Gone With The Wind about the hero carrying the heroine in his arms. I doubt you'd want a kiss from Ghostie though. Clark Gable may have had bad breath, but at least he wouldn't burn your face off.

:up:

Personally, I can't stand floating photoshop head posters. Really dissapointing, I think they need to focus on the Ghost Rider, and not on Cage and Mendez and that love story thing.

Meh. Ghost Rider himself is the big selling point of the movie, IMO. I can even understand why feature Nic Cage, who´s a big star, but Eva Mendes?

Well, I'm hoping that, as a counterpoint, they produce a real powerful, kick-ass one. One that has Ghost Rider massively front and centre.

The best one I've seen so far is the one glimpsed in the background of some of the blogs (behind Ari, I think), with the Hellcycle screaming towards you, its blazing front wheel taking up a huge part of the space.

:hyper:

Well, all I can say is that it's great to finally have this poster or any kind of promotions really. Things will certainly start heating up now and I can't wait to see this thing in real person. I hope my local cinima gets it... though I'm sure I'll buy it someday anyway.

I, like BG, am not fond of how much room is taken up by the actors in this one though. I'm just picturing the poster without it an perhaps a bigger image of Ghost Rider and the bike and what I picture is awesome. To me, the poster tones the movie down to a B flick or something. I can't really explain it.

Having said that, I totally understand the reasons behind putting Nic's face (and the Lovely Eva of course) there. One of the main draws of this movie will be him and the movie isn't totally about Ghost Rider afterall... as much as we want it to be. The non demon aspect of the whole thing is something they'll be selling as much as possible. In fact, the human aspect of the flick is probably the reason why the movie will work.

All in all, the poster is great and I can't wait to see what else they throw at us.

I like the look of the poster, especially with the Hellcycle front and centre, good move!

I actually think the smaller GR works better than a big one would. If the heads were removed and that area were just left black, it would be better, but as it stands it's an excellent poster. I'm glad they went with an image more inventive than just GR on the hellcycle, which is a crutch many cover artists seem to fall back on.

The more I look at it, the more I like it actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"