PS3 vesrion of The Orange Box will be craper...

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Electro UK, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Electro UK Can't all be for nothing

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3164539

See what annoys me here, isn't the fact the PS3 version is going to suffer (though we're starting to see the final days of inferior multiplatform games), its that Valve just gave up. Its down right lazy and loses them alot of respect on my side. Its your job to make the game as best as possible, not just whine about it. :down:

2. THE LIZARD#1 Registered

I totally agree, I like how people are just lazy now a days and instead of tackling a problem and trying to find a solution they just cower in the corner and give up. F**K that, Playstation 3 has all of this potential and no one is trying to use it!

I mean look at Gurellia and Killzone 2 that game looks phenomenal and so does Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance. Those are developers that actually tried to make something out of the consoles power and didn't give up. Look at where it got them.

It got them with games that got 10/10,9/10, 8/10 nothing lower. I laugh at how lazy this industry has gotten, I just think developers expected the next gen to be games handed to them rather than having to work for them. :(

3. XtromaniaK Registered

Oh shut up with Resistance.

4. THE LIZARD#1 Registered

lol i'm sorry. :(

I just really like that game.:o

5. Joker Registered

maybe Sony should have made it easier to develop for there console, instead of making it overly complicated and difficult, and things like this wouldnt be happeneing as much.

6. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

It's not that it's difficult to develop for the Playstation 3, take a look at what Infinity Ward has done with Call of Duty 4 they've said that it really isn't all that hard. Team Ninja with Ninja Gaiden Sigma has said it's not that all that hard. UbiSoft has said that developing for the Playstation 3 is no harder than the Xbox 360.

The problem is that developers like Valve and iD, which primarily make PC games, or developers that have been making PC games for quite sometime, prefer to make Xbox 360 games because it's like developing a PC, which is familiar to them.

Developing for the Playstation 3 is not like developing for a PC, thus it isn't familiar to them, therefore lazy developers will tend to simply do shoddy ports or just give up simply because it is not familiar. Seriously, they should concentrate on the Playstation 3 version and port it to the Xbox 360 and PC, it would make development so much easier.

7. XtromaniaK Registered

Or they should focus on the versions that they know they can do to their full capabilities, which would be the PC and Xbox 360 versions. :huh:

Stick to what you know.

8. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Seriously, before Gabe Newell and John Carmack open their mouths and complain about the Playstation 3's development, they should take the time and actually learn how to develop for the damn thing.

9. Electro UK Can't all be for nothing

Don't forget Mark Rein saying it was fun to develop for PS3.

10. XtromaniaK Registered

Just a little nitpick, Yosuke Hayashi never said it wasn't harder to develop for. He just said that you should take the time to develop on it because you want to develop for the platform. And that all of those complaining about the PS3's development difficulty should shut up because they're not forced to develop for the console.

11. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

But he didn't say that it's a pain in the ass like many developers have said and his point was to prove my point. Valve, iD, Electronic Arts, etc. are just lazy developers and their games on the Playstation 3 are downright insults to people who bought one. Should Sony have made Playstation 3 development more similar to a PC. Yes, but it's too late now and most of the shoddy games that are made are mostly the developers fault, not Sony's.

Exactly.

12. 블라스 Registered

13. GFreeman Registered

The implication that Valve is in any way lazy or not technically proficient, or that the PS3 isn't a developer unfriendly console, is a scary look into the minds of sony fanboys and just how far they're willing to go to alter their reality. Something that causes problems this consistently isn't just a fanboy wars punchline, it's a fact.

14. Electro UK Can't all be for nothing

You know me, and you know I'm able to see both sides of the argument. Valve have a job to do, and that's to do the very best they can to get the very best piece of software out on PS3 hardware. Instead, they handed it over to somone else.

15. GFreeman Registered

I do know you, and I know you're not able to see both sides of the argument when it comes to this stuff. They handed it over to someone else because they couldn't be bothered with it. This is a company that was doing stuff for Left 4 Dead, redoing all of Half Life 2 and Episode 1 for the 360 by backporting all the source engine improvements that have come along since those titles were released, developing Team Fortress 2, Portal, and Episode 2, and trying to get all these things to run on the PC and the 360, while also doing work on Steam Community and Steam itself. So they looked at the PS3, and said to themselves, we don't see very much profit potential here, we see a nightmare of technical problems, we don't have the man power, so here EA, you do it.

Some of you people seem to want to act like Valve couldn't figure out how to plug in their PS3 development kits, so they decided to ***** and moan to IGN about the system instead of making their games on PS3, when the obvious reality is very different from that. One of the most well respected and technically proficient developers in the business looked at the PS3 and said to themselves "I'd rather not bother with it". And to any normal person, that should say a lot about what PS3 development is like, and it shouldn't say "Valve is lazy" to that person. I'm not saying the console is **** or can't possibly have any good games, but to sit there and deny that the console is difficult to work with or to pretend that all this talk of PS3 being a bad thing for developers is just developer laziness is insane. Open your damn eyes people and stop trying to make excuses because you think a criticism of your console of choice is a criticism of you. The thing is just difficult to develop for and just isn't the worth the time for certain people, and that's a fact.

16. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Your arguement would have a valid point if it weren't for the fact that Gabe Newell said that the Playstation 3 is a waste of time, they didn't even bother with a Playstation 3 version and simply gave it to EA to do it for them instead of even trying to figure out the system's capabilities.

And your arguement would even have more validity if it weren't for the fact that several developers have already said that it's not that the Playstation 3 isn't developer friendly, it's just different from what PC centric developers like Valve are used to.

UbiSoft, Infinity Ward, Team Ninja, Epic Games, Kojima Productions, etc. don't have any problem developing for the Playstation 3 because they actually took the time to learn how to use the damn thing.

So yes, it is a developer issue. Take the time to learn how to use it and there won't be any problems and we won't see as many shoddy ports like anything Electronic Arts does. There is absolutely no reason why Playstation 3 owners should get a completely inferior version of a multiplatform game because of this. The Wii and Playstation 3 suffer from incredibly lazy third party developers.

17. 블라스 Registered

"Your", not "You're" :(

18. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Your right :csad:

19. 블라스 Registered

You did it again! :eek:

20. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Oh noes :yay:

21. 블라스 Registered

You'll rue the day! :cmad:

22. PaulGilbert Registered

Your acting crazy

23. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Whatever, its you're life :whatever:

24. GFreeman Registered

I stopped reading your post here. You know this...how? You don't, you made it up, because it sounds good with the rest of your fantasies. You don't have a clue what Valve did. Not once have they said "we've never touched the ps3, we just spend our time *****ing about it for no reason", and the fact that you seriously think this is their thought process is the worst part. Your mind is so bent towards this idea of the PS3 being an ok development platform and there's just a massive conspiracy of laziness keeping it down that you're prepared to make up absurd **** just to support an argument that shouldn't even exist.

25. Fran Banned User

Oh darn.