Pull Your Pants Up!!!!!!!

But stupid people are. Also there is very little sense of personal responsibility in America. Look at all the law suites filed.
stupid people are what, hurting themselves? so what? nothing like a little darwinism to weed the gene pool. it isn't the government's role to legislate personal responsibility. be responsible for yourself and let others be responsible for themselves. what do lawsuits have to do with anything? if you aren't a fan of trial lawyers and frivolous lawsuits, neither am i.

I am not saying toss all responsibility aside. You are really freaking out, & taking what I say to crazy heights. I am saying that we need to try to reduce the amount of harm stupid people can have on the public.
i'm not taking anything to crazy heights nor am i freaking out. that's what you're doing. and you left out the qualifier "personal" in personal responsibility, which is exactly what you are trying to eliminate wanting and supporting the government to legislate it instead.

Trust me when I say I have no interest in controlling every aspect of a person life. How ever I do believe that once that person steps out side. There needs to be a tighter leash.
you are one continuous contradiction. you don't know what you believe.

stupid people are what, hurting themselves? so what? nothing like a little darwinism to weed the gene pool. it isn't the government's role to legislate personal responsibility. be responsible for yourself and let others be responsible for themselves. what do lawsuits have to do with anything? if you aren't a fan of trial lawyers and frivolous lawsuits, neither am i.

i'm not taking anything to crazy heights nor am i freaking out. that's what you're doing. and you left out the qualifier "personal" in personal responsibility, which is exactly what you are trying to eliminate wanting and supporting the government to legislate it instead.

you are one continuous contradiction. you don't know what you believe.

Just because i believe that there needs to be more restrictions does not mean I am pro dictator. I just think that times have changed, & so should the laws.

They should just outlaw emotion, like in Equilibrium. That could only have a positive effect on the country as a whole. :up:

Just because i believe that there needs to be more restrictions does not mean I am pro dictator. I just think that times have changed, & so should the laws.
no, you're pro dictator when you said that at the end of the day, the Leader's decision should be final. you constantly fall on the side that opposes individual liberty and freedom. you can protest that you aren't until you're blue in the face, but your posts give yourself away.

just curious, but how old are you anyway?

Big-Brother-is-Watching-You-oversized-postcard--C10204521_small.jpg

no, you're pro dictator when you said that at the end of the day, the Leader's decision should be final. you constantly fall on the side that opposes individual liberty and freedom. you can protest that you aren't until you're blue in the face, but your posts give yourself away.

just curious, but how old are you anyway?

I do not appose liberty. I appose stupidity. Seeing things in Black, & White as you are doing is not cool.

& what does my age have to do with it?

:whatever:

I do not appose liberty. I appose stupidity. Seeing things in Black, & White as you are doing is not cool.

& what does my age have to do with it?
yet everything you've been posting has been anti-liberty; you have opposed it from the start. if you get offended by stupidity, then you're going to live the rest of your life being offended. let people be responsible for themselves and let them make stupid decisions about their own lives. as long as it isn't affecting me, i don't care. it is a black and white issue: let people be personally responsible for themselves and don't beg for the government to be a nanny and legislate responsibility. government should not be a provider and it wasn't envisioned as being one. as for your age, i just asked out of curiosity.

yet everything you've been posting has been anti-liberty; you have opposed it from the start. if you get offended by stupidity, then you're going to live the rest of your life being offended. let people be responsible for themselves and let them make stupid decisions about their own lives. as long as it isn't affecting me, i don't care. it is a black and white issue: let people be personally responsible for themselves and don't beg for the government to be a nanny and legislate responsibility. government should not be a provider and it wasn't envisioned as being one. as for your age, i just asked out of curiosity.

But stupidity is affecting you everyday. You just don't notice it. Every year that passes more, & more stupid people are slowly lowering this countries standards. Take a long hard look at the education system. No Dodgeball, Red Pens, & you get a 45 even if you don't show! These kids will someday be running sh**!

Stupidity does affect you. Trust me.

As for my age. You weren't just curious. You were going to try, & use that as debate leverage. I am old enough to know that.

But stupidity is affecting you everyday. You just don't notice it. Every year that passes more, & more stupid people are slowly lowering this countries standards. Take a long hard look at the education system. No Dodgeball, Red Pens, & you get a 45 even if you don't show! These kids will someday be running sh**!

Stupidity does affect you. Trust me.

As for my age. You weren't just curious. You were going to try, & use that as debate leverage. I am old enough to know that.
i never said that stupidity doesn't affect me. believe me, i notice it. i notice it when i see my tax dollars being spent on all types of stupidity for all types of stupid people. i said that if stupid people do stupid things that don't affect me, i don't care. i do care when it does affect me. people choosing to wear baggy pants doesn't affect me. people stupidly wanting to cede liberty to the government does affect me and i care about that. i hear you on the education system. that's what you get when you let the government take control - something you are generally in favor of. i want to abolish it and completely remove the federal government from education.

tell me, is it stupid to expect my tax dollars to pay for the medical care for someone without insurance who wrecks their motorcycle and injures themselves?

and yes, as for your age, i was curious, and no, i wasn't going to use it as leverage. i just wanted a frame of reference.

They should just outlaw emotion, like in Equilibrium. That could only have a positive effect on the country as a whole. :up:

If it paves the way for us to learn the Gun-Kata, then I actually might not mind. :woot:

i never said that stupidity doesn't affect me. believe me, i notice it. i notice it when i see my tax dollars being spent on all types of stupidity for all types of stupid people. i said that if stupid people do stupid things that don't affect me, i don't care. i do care when it does affect me. people choosing to wear baggy pants doesn't affect me. people stupidly wanting to cede liberty to the government does affect me and i care about that. i hear you on the education system. that's what you get when you let the government take control - something you are generally in favor of. i want to abolish it and completely remove the federal government from education.

Then how would education be taken care of? Even if you bring it to a local level. Technically the federal gov. Will still have some say in how that money is used.

So how would you handle it?

tell me, is it stupid to expect my tax dollars to pay for the medical care for someone without insurance who wrecks their motorcycle and injures themselves?

No. I firmly believe that when illegal drugs are related to the injury. Insurance companies should not have to pay for that.

and yes, as for your age, i was curious, and no, i wasn't going to use it as leverage. i just wanted a frame of reference.

Fine 29.

Then how would education be taken care of? Even if you bring it to a local level. Technically the federal gov. Will still have some say in how that money is used.
technically, they wouldn't. that is in diametric opposition to having it at the local level. frankly, i'd privatize education and i'd support more homeschooling.

No. I firmly believe that when illegal drugs are related to the injury. Insurance companies should not have to pay for that.
who said anything about drugs or the insurance company? i'm talking about the taxpayer footing the medical bill for people who injure themselves doing stupid things. it happens every day in emergency rooms all across the country. i also believe drugs should be decriminalized. i don't care if someone gets high in their own home and destroys their own body. that has nothing to do with me until people suggest the government take care of these people.

If it paves the way for us to learn the Gun-Kata, then I actually might not mind. :woot:

You know, I liked that movie and all, but what a bunch of bull**** the gun-kata was. It was cool I guess, but it just got ridiculous at the end. I mean come on, I'll buy he is the best weapon handler of all time, but that was a little much with him taking out about 50 guys armed with automatic machine guns with just his two handguns.

I kind of agree with this. Considering sagging your pants is a gang thing (at least it was when I was young). Plus it is just innapropriate.

When I was eight, the prinicpal thought I was in a gang. Why? I was wearing a bandana. I'd think that there were more comprehensive ways of identifying gang members apart from what they're wearing.

That said, I truly don't like idea at all.

Out of everything, though, one quote really caught my attention:

“It’s getting to the point where these young men and women are just getting offensive with their underwear showing, the cracks between their buttocks showing…their g-strings showing. It’s hard to legislate morality; you can’t really do that. It just comes to a point of plain old bad taste and it’s just gotta stop.”

Bad taste? Perhaps. However, that doesn't justify a law being placed in order to defend "good taste." As stated, this is an infringement on the freedom we've been granted via the Constitution, regardless of how "pedantic" it may seem to reject this new bill outright.

I'm the poster child for bad taste, or so most people say. Army jackets, Ron Jon shirts, parachute pants, etc. However, no one really has the right to tell me what to wear, or, as in this case, how to wear it.

Heh... fashion police.

technically, they wouldn't. that is in diametric opposition to having it at the local level. frankly, i'd either privatize education and i'd support more homeschooling.

who said anything about drugs or the insurance company? i'm talking about the taxpayer footing the medical bill for people who injure themselves doing stupid things. it happens every day in emergency rooms all across the country. i also believe drugs should be decriminalized. i don't care if someone gets high in their own home and destroys their own body. that has nothing to do with me until people suggest the government take care of these people.

I think it is time for one of use to step down, & call it even. We are getting to a point where are we are going to do it go in circles. Plus I gotta go, so peace.

You know, I liked that movie and all, but what a bunch of bull**** the gun-kata was. It was cool I guess, but it just got ridiculous at the end. I mean come on, I'll buy he is the best weapon handler of all time, but that was a little much with him taking out about 50 guys armed with automatic machine guns with just his two handguns.
Ah, but you fail to remember one thing: He's Christian Bale. He can do anything. :up:

Lord knows there's nothing better for the police to work on that baggy pants. :rolleyes: It's not the government's job to enforce their version of morality upon the populace, it's the government's job to do what's best for the people.

"This is one of the basic rules we all learned as a kid. The underwear goes inside the pants. Inside the motherf****ing pant! That's why it's called under-f'n-wear!"

-Dennis Leary

Honestly, as much as I hate seeing people walk around with a fashion taht started out in prisons to let everyone know you were "available," I feel a law against it is in direct constitutional violation. The law would be almost completely uninforcable, and would waste a ton of police time. I know the people who came up with this are probably thinking they're going use this as a way to get gang members and drug dealers arressted, but... just because you wear clothes that are WAY too big and fall off of you, doesn't mean your a drug dealer, it just means you're stupid.

As stated, this is an infringement on the freedom we've been granted via the Constitution, regardless of how "pedantic" it may seem to reject this new bill outright.
just a quick correction. the Constitution doesn't grant us freedoms, it protects our freedoms.

It's not the government's job to enforce their version of morality upon the populace, it's the government's job to do what's best for the people.
that's not the government's job, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"