Punisher: Warzone new date January 2009

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
At least it appears that way which is understandable considering the delay and the fact that not only does September usually suck at the box office but also several Jan 2009 films have moved to later dates....and Marvel only has Wolverine in 2009.

Source: Marvel.com

Note: New synopsis there too...or I think it's new.

Well, isn't this a good sign.

I don't think it's a bad sign. It's not like Ghost Rider being delayed a year and it's a typical release date move. Remember the weather caused a delay in filming and they may not have wrapped the final part yet. Also September blows as a release date for this kind of film IMO....even October would have been better. January isn't the best either but the competition is better IMO.

For me it's very sad wait jan 2009 but i think it's a good move for marvel and lions gate and columbia.

=(

Dammit.
I hope this is for the better.

Looks like The Warzone will be coming out in time for my 21st birthday!

So now the movie is like a year away...f***.

OMFG...

Just so everyone knows, previous January/February releases from Marvel include:
Daredevil
Elektra
Ghost Rider

This isn't a release from Marvel...it's from Lionsgate. :) Daredevil and GR also broke 100 million. :) Those are the best Marvel films though I agree. Still nobody ever expected a Punisher film to go up against any blockbusters in the Summer while Daredevil and Ghost Rider had a chance and were healthier budgeted films.

OMFG...

Just so everyone knows, previous January/February releases from Marvel include:
Daredevil
Elektra
Ghost Rider
And they all stunk.

Hopefully War Zone won't keep the trend going. But you never know.

Well Warzone has no relation to those films as far as directors, producers, etc...

Well, I'm just going on the trend of a Marvel movie released in January. They haven't been good.

Also, I looked on Marvel.com and saw nothing about the date change.

http://www.marvel.com/movies/

Well you didn't look very well. It says coming January 1st, 2009. That's a Thursday so it's probably just a placement date. I'm waiting for someone in production to confirm the date change to me or if it was a misprint by the site. I'll let you know what I'm told.

punisherjd0.png

They did this before with the Jan 1 date like I said above. It's a low budget lionsgate theatrical release.

Ok I just recieved conflicting info from someone in production but they will double check but still believes it's 2008.

Box Office Mojo still has a Sept. 12th release date.

http://boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=bydate&release=all&date=2008-09-05&showweeks=4&p=.htm

View: DVD & THEATRICAL THEATRICAL ONLY DVD DETAIL

Jump to: 2008 SelectJanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember-----Full Year | 2009 SelectJanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember-----Full Year | 2010 & Beyond

< August October >

SEPTEMBER 2008
Tuesday
2 ON DVD
• None Listed

Friday

NEW IN THEATERS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
Passengers
Drama Sony / Columbia Wide

Tuesday
9 ON DVD
• None Listed

Friday Sept 12

Nights in Rodanthe
Romance Warner Bros. Wide

Punisher: War Zone
Action Lionsgate Wide

Tuesday
16 ON DVD
• None Listed

Friday

Lakeview Terrace
Drama / Thriller Sony / Screen Gems Wide

My Best Friend's Girl
Romantic Comedy Lionsgate Wide

Nothing But the Truth
Drama Yari Film Group Wide

Tuesday
23 ON DVD
• None Listed

Friday
26 NEW IN THEATERS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE

Death Race
Action Thriller Universal Wide

Nowhereland
Fantasy Comedy Paramount Wide

South of the Border
Family Comedy Buena Vista Wide

< August October >

It will come out on a Tuesday with all the other DVD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"