Moviehole Reads Warzone Script....and they like it!

This movie isn't looking good, casting aside. Hooligans was pretty bad, script is apparently horrible (I mean they have him crawling across a table stabbing a guy with a lobster). Micro was always an annoying character, and if there's a battle van, that'll be the final nail in the coffin.

The last script review was pretty good. Hooligans, I, thought, was a very well made, decent film. And a battle van has ,for a long time, been an essential element to The Punisher.

Or because they didn't have enough of a budget to even shoot in Canada let alone Central Park. And If they couldn't shoot the Kuwait opening for the first film, chances are very ****ing slim that they would be able to do a 'Nam flashback.

This movie isn't looking good, casting aside. Hooligans was pretty bad, script is apparently horrible (I mean they have him crawling across a table stabbing a guy with a lobster). Micro was always an annoying character, and if there's a battle van, that'll be the final nail in the coffin.

And he didn't care, chances are Joan, Bumpo or Dave would call the police if he killed him for just playing the guitar. In the original script the confrontation was more involved, but cut down because of $$$. The movie was ****ed budget wise.

The script look good from what I read! and we don't know that this is truely the final cut of the script.
But, you're have your own opinion.

Also remember the director that did the last movie was from miami.
he was to lazy to relocate to canada or new york. since he lived in florida.

And the first punisher (Dolph) movie if you take in the buget was really small. but I liked it more and to me was more true to the comic.

Or because they didn't have enough of a budget to even shoot in Canada let alone Central Park. And If they couldn't shoot the Kuwait opening for the first film, chances are very ****ing slim that they would be able to do a 'Nam flashback.

And he didn't care, chances are Joan, Bumpo or Dave would call the police if he killed him for just playing the guitar. In the original script the confrontation was more involved, but cut down because of $$$. The movie was ****ed budget wise.

The script look good from what I read! and we don't know that this is truely the final cut of the script.

And the first punisher (Dolph) movie if you take in the budget was really small. but I liked it more and to me was more true to the comic.

Tim Bradstreet said:
I only mean to clarify that by saying he wants a Punisher film like Taxi Driver, Tom meant he wanted that seedy, realistic portrayal of the events, a dark urban story that gets to the guts of the characterizations. A bare bones look at the underbelly of society and the monsters that exist there. The feel and the vibe of Taxi Driver which is a lonely story of a lonely man who responds to the violence with his own brand of violence. He's the monster's monster. That's how Tom saw Frank Castle. A hard "R" for very mature subject matter and an unflinching look at the violence that exists in that world. Frank's world.

I just read this and it really bums me out, that they couldn't come to terms with Jane. Now were gonna get Frank killing someone with a lobster.

And who's to say Hensleigh was "too lazy" to move production.

And the first punisher (Dolph) movie if you take in the buget was really small. but I liked it more and to me was more true to the comic.

That is completely and utterley wrong, he shot it in Florida because it was much cheaper than shooting in New York, and they only had $30 million budget.

That is completely and utterley wrong, he shot it in Florida because it was much cheaper than shooting in New York, and they only had $30 million budget.

maybe your right!
I heard differently though.

but in any case, John Travola didn't help with the budger either.

Most of it probably went to Travolta.

Most of it probably went to Travolta.

I believe he took a pay cut, but yes, a lot of it did. That makes the actual movie even more impressive an achievement.

Bubonic,

Right on point about the fanboys, it's because of Jane they nixed the Central Park angle (AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and not very many people complained about it. I'm sick of hearing about Jane, its because of his boyish looks and smile they altered the Punisher's origin. The Central Park massacre was the main reason that attracted me to the Punisher, not this eye for an eye crap flick. You could have a good Vietnam war flashback, and yes you can have ****ing BORN!!! On screen! Maybe this incarnation will make enough money to warrant a Born translation. You gotta admit (if done right) it could rival all the classics. Meh!

The Central Park angle was great, it was his fault they changed that? :wow:... I'm sick of hearing of this guy wow.
The Central Park thing intertwinned with the dark traumatic experiences of 'Nam would have been a quick and understandable set up to how Frank went from point A to B, and we'd of probably had more then 20 minutes of him tearing it up.
Most of the Ennis one shots could be made as stand alone films without having to be changed much or at all. The guy has a good take on the character, this time around we have a rougher Castle, and hopefully that'll come accross well. And not just feel like another Death Wish movie.
Oh, and I hope they save the lobster kill for the dvd extras :whatever:.

The Central Park angle was great, it was his fault they changed that? :wow:... I'm sick of hearing of this guy wow.
The Central Park thing intertwinned with the dark traumatic experiences of 'Nam would have been a quick and understandable set up to how Frank went from point A to B, and we'd of probably had more then 20 minutes of him tearing it up.
Most of the Ennis one shots could be made as stand alone films without having to be changed much or at all. The guy has a good take on the character, this time around we have a rougher Castle, and hopefully that'll come accross well. And not just feel like another Death Wish movie.
Oh, and I hope they save the lobster kill for the dvd extras :whatever:.
It wasn't because of Jane, they were shooting in Florida. So there was no way of doing Central Park.

I too would like to see The Punisher with a mobile weapon's platform...otherwise known as his Battle Van.

It wasn't because of Jane, they were shooting in Florida. So there was no way of doing Central Park.
But I do beleive that it was because of Janes age they retconned Punisher's origin to fit the character. I know Hollywood make up artists can make Stevenson look like a late 50's something ex Nam vet this time. Heres hoping Lex includes it in this incarnation.

But I do beleive that it was because of Janes age they retconned Punisher's origin to fit the character. I know Hollywood make up artists can make Stevenson look like a late 50's something ex Nam vet this time. Heres hoping Lex includes it in this incarnation.
Age had nothing to do with it, they could have done Central Park easily, even with the updated origin. It just comes down to the fact that they were shooting in Florida, the origin had to be changed.

Yeah I never liked Frank being a cop and I wanted the central Park scene also but as usual we can't get the things we want to see in the movie. As fans we weren't asking for much but to make the characters origin the right way. Now I just want Punisher being the Punisher we all know from the comics, hopefully this movie does it right.

Hahah, I'm already psyched that a bunch of the places I'll be seeing in the film will be familiar to me personally!
I know for lots of Americans you guys see places you know in a bunch of movies and it might not be a big deal... But yah, Punisher film + places I've been/lived, awesomeness!

normally I would totally agee with you my friend but,
if there going to be a sequel they might have to keep the one storyline.
I thought though if there going to make him more trained like "Delta Force" becuase in the comic he had so many medals and the silver cross.

Don't get me wrong "Obaketora" I love the idea of vietnam like the true comic. but if they go with that like you said. late 50's punisher.
my dad was in nam and he's
64 years old now. if there's sequel to this he'd be really old.

The Dolph version really should have used it.
or the new version set in the 1980's or 1990's could too.

I think the movie that was more like the punisher than both movie was "lethal weapon" becuase he was the vietnam vet that was in special forces
and made a :yay: on a taget with his berreta from 100 + yards.
and wasted Mr. J (Gary Busey) in the hand to hand fighting.
just not as crazed as mel gibson. but action wise that's were it's at.

They absoltuley need a central park flashback.
and get into the action. I with you on that "obaketora"
:whatever:

Plus, it's even more expensive to do a period piece, even if it's just the 70's or 80's.

The thing about the Central Park thing is; how can you make an execution in a place where there are so many people walking around?

because his family was originally killed in shoting crossfire.
but I still like that idea becuase it has no time connected to it.

like vietnam.

that is the only problem with that senario. of how he was trained.

I understand but Im not asking for a period peice. Just a slight mention. I know people in their 60's that still work out and look like they could be a match for the Juggernaut. Even if it's just a mention, Id be more then happy, and plus...

This is suppose to be a reboot right?

Here this is the actual place where Punisher's family was killed.

spring.jpg

because his family was originally killed in shoting crossfire.
but I still like that idea becuase it has no time connected to it.

like vietnam.

that is the only problem with that senario. of how he was trained.

.....no, but see, that's what I mean. The mob. If I recall, the mob had some guy hanged upside down from a tree whom they were executing(or something) in Central Park. And then the Castles stumble upon the incident and get executed so that there are no witnesses. Right? Why would the mob do this in Central Park of all places?

Wasn't Central Park shaddier back in the 60's?
Or am I misinformed and it was just as public as it is now?

If so, I definitely understand the inconsistencies with the scenario.

I actually prefered Ennis's retelling of the story in The Cell than I do the original version with the guy being hung from the tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"