Iron Man Q & A w/Jon Favreau from his Myspace site!

Jon Favreau
clear.gif

M/40
CALIFORNIA
Instant Message
Send Message Posted: Jan 23, 2007 12:46 PM Congratulations to Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby on their Oscar nomination for adapting Children of Men. I first worked with them on the development of John Carter of Mars and they are currently working with me on the latest draft of Iron Man.

New post by Jon.

Jon just put this pic on his site for some reason. LOL I guess he's at the dentist and had his teeth cleaned or something. Crazy rabbit.

Or perhaps (more likely) he's giving us a hint that he is gonna play Happy Hogan. I'll be that's it.

I don't see how he is implying that he will play Hogan.

No not me. Just an assumption from everything I've read. Everyone has suggested him for a role and he is a good actor and he could pull it off. He however could wind up playing the same role as he did in DD as a cameo. Maybe one of Starks attorney's.

No not me. Just an assumption from everything I've read. Everyone has suggested him for a role and he is a good actor and he could pull it off. He however could wind up playing the same role as he did in DD as a cameo. Maybe one of Starks attorney's.

My previous post was a prime example of me making a fool of myself. :woot:

To be honest, Favreau isn't my first choice of who I would want to see as Happy. I would prefer to see Vince Vaughn take the role.

Vince would be cool too if he's not tied up with Speed Racer which is also coming in 08 I believe. I could see Vince or even Keuanu as Racer X.

Check my blog on myspace (link below) for Marvel news related to finance. Subscribe to it. If you don't have a msypace account just do it for that. Also go to google and set a comprehenive alert for Marvel news that sends it all direclty to your e-mail. It's a great investing tool.

I have also liked the suggestion of Ron Livingston for Happy. What I really hope for is that the next piece of casting news will be in regards to the villains. I want Jason Issacs for Obadiah Stane and Chow Yun Fat for the Mandarin.

Ron for Happy? I know he was suggested for Stark awhile back. I want Vaughn for Jigsaw damnit!

is the guys from CHILDREN OF MEN really working on this movie? Or is it just the screenplay adaption?

New Post from Jon:

More news about to break

"And I predict it will impress, amuse and confuse. Sorry I can't spill more."

Sounds like it may be Mandarin casting news.

Sounds like we may hear this bit of news in the coming week.

They're gonna cast someone different than we expect for Mandarin. Hopefully not Gilbert Godfried.

-Nice find.

Keep an eye on AICN & then Hollywood Reporter & Variety. It'll come from there.

Read Bulletin

clear.gif

Date:Feb 11, 2007 11:36 AM SubjectMade/Swingers screening at Aero in Santa MonicaBody:On Saturday 2/17 there will be a screening of Made with Q&A with myself and Peter Billingsley. There will also be a screening of Swingers immediately preceding. Seating is limited. You can book tix in advance thru the Aero or the American Cinematheque. It's also a good excuse to join a great organization and help support a very cool theater.

Read Bulletin

clear.gif

Date:Feb 11, 2007 11:36 AM SubjectMade/Swingers screening at Aero in Santa MonicaBody:On Saturday 2/17 there will be a screening of Made with Q&A with myself and Peter Billingsley. There will also be a screening of Swingers immediately preceding. Seating is limited. You can book tix in advance thru the Aero or the American Cinematheque. It's also a good excuse to join a great organization and help support a very cool theater.

This should be interesting. Hopefully we'll get some news on Iron Man.

I'd go but I just don't feel like going to that screening. I've seen the films and enjoyed them but it's not worth it to me. It's about an hour or so from my house.

I still have to wonder whether or not anything newsworthy pertaing to Iron Man will come out of the Q&A session.

Last time I checked, Nolan had great success with Batman Begins, as did Singer with the 2 X men movies. SR suffered but not for trying to be "too real", rather it suffered from among other things because it made a sequel when what was needed was a re-boot.

I second this, I don't want another attempt at making a comicbook movie real..Please, just no. Spider-man proved it can be done, and while BB was a very good movie, the whole stylish fantasy aspect of Batman suffered because of Nolan's choice.

Favreau must present the material the same way the comic does; the fantastic exists period. Please, please, please (I am damn near begging: don't weigh down the material with reality.

God, will someone other than Raimi please make a real comicbook movie? So many tries and only one or two films have actually succeeded in making an actual comicbook movie.

I haven't dreamed and waited all these years to finally see sfx catch up to the human imagination to now see the very thing that makes the comics so enjoyable taken away for the sake of box office sales.

Please Jon please for the love of heaven please make a comicbook fantasy film first.

Jon Favreau
clear.gif

M/40
CALIFORNIA
Instant Message
Send Message Posted: Mar 4, 2007 11:03 AM I don't know if or when I'll get to update in the weeks and months to come. I figured I would let you all know what's going on. That is, what Marvel will let me say.

First off, the sets are all being built, the locations are locked and the cast is, for the most part, set. As you all know, RDJ, Gwyneth, T Howard, and Jeff Bridges are all on board. We've had a week of rehearsals and I'm currently working with the writers to tailor the material accordingly. Mr. Bridges has a haircut that will no doubt be of interest to any of you fans of the books. Speaking of the the books, Joe Quesada, Adi Granov and myself have been collaborating on a very cool project that you will soon be hearing about. You want to know more, pester Marvel publishing.

Second, I am going up to visit ILM and the Ranch. I've never been and am as stoked as any of you can imagine. I love my job.

Thirdly, Stan Winston Studios has been unveiling suits for us. Once again, they have exceeded our expectations. Those of you who follow my career know that I am very skeptical about the overuse of CGI. I am happy to report that the film will be a healthy mix of both computer generated and practical effects. My goal is to make the two integrate in a way that they usually do not.

Lastly, this thing is huge. I've never been involved with a film this size. I've been prepping for almost a year and feel extremely confident in the enormously qualified team we've assembled. I would be lying, however, if I didn't admit that the scale of this project was daunting. I'm pretty confident that I've done and will continue to do my homework and that I'm ready, but so much is unknown. I feel like a ship's captain about to sail for the New World. Who can truly predict weather fortune or disaster awaits in the great unknown? Regardless, I thank God every day for his blessings.

Updated from his Iron Man discussion group!

He also answered a few questions in this thread he started but nothing else major.

Jon Favreau said:
Mr. Bridges has a haircut that will no doubt be of interest to any of you fans of the books.

So, Advanced Dark, still think Jeff Bridges is playing the Mandarin? :cwink: It looks like Bridges is Obadiah Stane because why else would Jon mention the haircut?

I hope Jons hands dont hurt from typing all those one word answers. Short an to the point as they say.

Week 1 Update from Jon. Thanks for the heads up "Reel Chris"

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?...n=1BC7F52F-1F4A-4F05-814B36C1EE1C3ABC90689062

Jon Favreau
clear.gif

M/40
CALIFORNIA
Instant Message
Send Message Posted: Mar 18, 2007 9:47 AM We are done with the first week of photography. I am happy to report that the ten months of preparation allowed the extremely challenging first week of photography to come off without a hitch. The look is fantastic and the performances are great as well. Downey was definitely the right choice.

I'm looking forward to getting out of the "cave." The first few weeks of shooting are spent, somewhat in sequence, establishing Stark's captivity. It sets the table tonally for the rest of the film. The close quarters and tight schedule make it the toughest part of the shoot on the cast and crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"