Quantum Break

I think they'll be making an Alan Wake 2. Alan Wake 1 didn't sell very well but that is because they released on the worst day possible the year it came out, the same day as Red Dead Redemption. I don't know what they were thinking but that was a colossal mistake. I think Microsoft knows they have a good franchise with the game and I suppose it'll all depend on how Quantum Break turns out

So...This is the first I've heard about this game...

Quantum Break nabs Oscar-winning connection to Gravi

quantumbreak2.jpg
The developers of Alan Wake and the upcoming Quantum Break now have an Oscar in their midst, further raising their new game's profile in Microsoft's big multimedia push on Xbox One. The third-person shooter, in which unforeseen anomalies fling bits of the world forward in time, will have a companion television show and visual effects work from some of the recognized talent behind Alfonso Cuarón's boundless space film, Gravity.

In a note on the official Remedy Games website, the staff congratulates Greg Louden for his work at London-based effects studio Framestore, which won an Academy Award last week for Best Visual Effects. According to Louden's resume, he oversaw shots of Gravity's computer-generated interiors, with a focus on the free-floating objects that surrounded Sandra Bullock's stranded character. The film was entirely pre-visualized and extensively animated, making it an even greater achievement in visual effects than it might first appear. Gravity was also given gongs for its director, cinematography, editing, musical score, sound mixing, sound editing.

At Remedy, Louden is working not only on visual effects for Quantum Break, but on scripting and designing events as part of level design. The environment for visual effects is arguably more challenging in games, which are expected to display high-quality graphics in real-time and in a way that responds well to the player. And even with top-notch effects, the approval of players may still be harder to earn than an Academy Award.
[Image: Microsoft]
Quantum Break (E3 2013)

I feel like this game is gonna be a big deal. Between the integrated TV show and time-stopping gameplay, this is definitely pushing things forwards rather than doing more the same with a new coat of paint.

At first, I thought the title of the thread was Quantum Leap. I thought, "oh, no." :funny: It's been a long day.

Never heard of this game until tonight. Could be a sleeper hit.

The game will be released in 2015. In the gameplay teaser video, Sam Lake talks about how the game will connect with the tv show and also mentions that we'll get our first look at gameplay during GamesCom (August).

[YT]6XOj2ZwE6_Y&hd=1[/YT]

Xbox One’s Time Manipulation Shooter, Quantum Break, Will Be Shown At Gamescom. May 29, 2014 . 12:29pm

Quantum Break’s story involves a time-travel experiment gone wrong.

[YT]y5cwivOXBqw[/YT]
Remedy Entertainment, who developed Alan Wake and Max Payne 3, are working on an Xbox One exclusive titled Quantum Break. The game was debuted at last year’s E3, and Remedy said this morning that new “time-amplified” gameplay will be shown at Gamescom this year.

Quantum Break’s story involves a time-travel experiment gone wrong, as a result of which the game’s characters have the ability to manipulate time. Quantum Break’s protagonist is Jack Joyce, who’s attempting to stop the “fracture” that will bring about the end of time.

In the meantime, creative director Sam Lake has provided a short look at new footage from the game in the video above.

Quantum Break will be released in 2015 for Xbox One.

source:Siliconera

I still don't know what the f**k is going on with this, but its looking gorgeous.

I just saw the gameplay. Absolutely incredible.

Im still not sure whats going on with the plot and the aspect of the time warping, but the game looks visually stunning. Looks like the gunplay and hand to hand combat is solid as well.

Quantum Break turning time and television
(2 hours ago)

[YT]0kyu5AcsBXE[/YT]
Remedy Creative Director Sam Lake took a moment at Gamescom 2014 to discuss the manipulation of time in the developer's upcoming adventure, Quantum Break. The studio that created Alan Wake is now tackling what amounts to a "superhero origin story" in the Xbox One exclusive that gives players the ability to stop time, using that unnatural skill to set up tactics during firefights. Lake noted that decisions made in the game will also impact the live action TV series that accompanies Quantum Break, which includes alternate scenes that appear based on how players react within the game.

Lake also commented on the heavier concepts that arise in the game as a result of protagonist Jack Joyce's decisions, such as that of destiny versus free will. Quantum Break will launch in 2015, and was first announced during Microsoft's Xbox One reveal event in May 2013. Those looking for more videos ironically to stop and start about Quantum Break should find Remedy's entry in the myriad of trailers from Microsoft's Gamescom press event.

[Image: Remedy Entertainment]Quantum Break (E3 2013)

And

source:Joystiq & GI

Last edited:
Wow, the gameplay looks awesome. Didn't see it when it was released.

Xbox One
Quantum Break extended Gamescom gameplay demo
Published 2 mins ago. 0 comments.
16 minutes of footage from Remedy's upcoming Xbox One game.
QB-Extended-Gamescom-Demo_10-24-14.jpg

Microsoft and Remedy Entertainment have released an extended gameplay walkthrough of Quantum Break, adding on to the world premiere demo shown at Gamescom in August.
This time, the video is double in length (16 minutes) and highlights Quantum Break‘s storyline and time amplification features. Remedy boss Sam Lake details the story behind protagonist Jack Joyce’s “special time powers,” how players will use them to navigate the world, and how Jack’s once-best-friend Paul Serene became his mortal enemy.
Watch the footage below.

[YT]DFDKSAwjAEM[/YT]

The game is due out for Xbox One in 2015.

Read More

Xbox One, Clips, Gameplay, Gamescom 2014, Microsoft, Quantum Break, Remedy Entertainment

source: Gematsu

What exactly is the power that creates like a "bubble" around enemies? What is that doing?

think it's "stopping/slowing" time. so almost like freezing the enemies in place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"