Question about ending of TLH

trustyside-kick

The Marine Marvel
Reaction score
Okay, in the end of The Long Halloween Gilda Dent is throwing away that stuff and says "I read your case files. About taking serial numbers off guns and...and how a baby bottle nipple would muffle the sound. How clues are left at murder scenes..."

I thought she did the first killings as Holiday and then Alberto and then last two kills were Two-Face...but if she was the 1st how would she know the stuff I said in the quote above? The main thing that confuses me is how she said reading his case files she found out a "baby bottle nipple would muffle the sound".

Yea I was thinking that..but wouldn't that mean that people before have tried to use baby bottle nipples? Someone did that in the issues before TLH or something? Why would someone use that to silence a gun? (disreguarding Holiday obviously) Please tell me so.

Why would someone use that? Because it works and is more inconspicuous than going out and buying a scilencer..

Ya..I know..but she said she read his case files and all..I just thought was odd that she would find out that a baby bottle nipple would work like a silencer..if anything I would have been less confused and preferred her just doing it naturally and not be from some case files/reports.

Ok, thanks for straightening that out for me. I thought there was something more behind it. TLH was badass.

hey i have a question myself

whats the cover price of the tp?

is it confirmed that Glida was Holiday at one stage? or was it a dream sequence, or was she just talking crap or what?
has leob told us what really happened?

trustyside-kick said:
Ya..I know..but she said she read his case files and all..I just thought was odd that she would find out that a baby bottle nipple would work like a silencer..if anything I would have been less confused and preferred her just doing it naturally and not be from some case files/reports.

Ok, thanks for straightening that out for me. I thought there was something more behind it. TLH was badass.

There were just other cases where people used baby bottle niples as silencers. People use household items to make inexpensive but effective tools for crimes all the time.

A plastic bottle also works like a charm, but it's a bit big.

warren_sparta27 said:
is it confirmed that Glida was Holiday at one stage?
Yes, followed by Harvey Dent and then Alberto Falcone. Though that is a subject of debate and what I stated is my opinion. But Gilda and Alberto were definetly Holiday killers
or was it a dream sequence,
No
or was she just talking crap or what?
No
No, and in my opinion that's what makes the Long Halloween so great

warren_sparta27 said:
is it confirmed that Glida was Holiday at one stage? or was it a dream sequence, or was she just talking crap or what?

I personally believe she didn't, but I'm of the minority when it comes to that.

And Loeb has pretty much left us to have our own intepetations when it comes to the order of the Hoiday murderers.

Okay well my question was answered long ago lol...but appearently warren_sparta27 has some of his own. This is how I identified who did what killings:

-Gilda did the first 4 killings and on New Year's Eve Alberto faked his death and left the baby bottle nipple along with a little object.

-Then Alberto did the next 7 killings and got caught confessing he was Holiday (even though he did not start it).

-Harvery Dent killed the last 2 people in the same day.

But I do not see why you would think that that was a dream suquence warren_sparta27. I really don't.

trustyside-kick said:
Okay well my question was answered long ago lol...but appearently warren_sparta27 has some of his own. This is how I identified who did what killings:

-Gilda did the first 4 killings and on New Year's Eve Alberto faked his death and left the baby bottle nipple along with a little object.

-Then Alberto did the next 7 killings and got caught confessing he was Holiday (even though he did not start it).

-Harvery Dent killed the last 2 people in the same day.

But I do not see why you would think that that was a dream suquence warren_sparta27. I really don't.

In my opinion Gilda did the first killings, followed by Harvey (attempted to kill Alberto but failed) followed by Alberto (starting Father's Day) then finally Two-Face.

hippie_hunter said:
In my opinion Gilda did the first killings, followed by Harvey (attempted to kill Alberto but failed) followed by Alberto (starting Father's Day) then finally Two-Face.

Ya, I completely understand...I can see why you say that because Gilda talked about Harvey coming home with his hair wet and the whole thing about New Years.

The good thing about TLH is that you can re-read it and it is just as much fun as when the first time you read it.

trustyside-kick said:
Ya, I completely understand...I can see why you say that because Gilda talked about Harvey coming home with his hair wet and the whole thing about New Years.

The good thing about TLH is that you can re-read it and it is just as much fun as when the first time you read it.
The bad thing about that is, there's really no answer to the mystery. They leave it so open-ended that it isn't even satisfying to solve it yourself, because you can't. It might be twelve different guys, for all you know.

I thought it was clear that Gilda, Alberto, and Harvey were all Holiday at one point though.

trustyside-kick said:
I thought it was clear that Gilda, Alberto, and Harvey were all Holiday at one point though.

Gilda Dent
Halloween - Johnny Viti
Thanksgiving - Jimmy Murphy, Kevin Kelly, Willie O'Neil, Donald Sullivan, Mickey Sullivan
Christmas - Milos Grapa

Harvey Dent
New Year's - Alberto Falcone (failed)
Valentine's Day - attack on Maroni's Restaurant (numerous killed)
St. Patrick's Day - attack on Maroni's safehouse (numerous killed)???
Halloween - Carmine Falcone (as Two-Face)

Alberto Falcone
St. Patrick's Day - attack on Maroni's safehouse (numerous killed)???
April Fools Day - the Riddler (failed)
Mother's Day - Gunsmith
Father's Day - Luigi Maroni
Independence Day - Gotham City coroner
the Roman's Birthday - Carla Viti
Labor Day - Sal Maroni

I think Gilda started it. Harvey may or may not have tried to kill Alberto but anyway Alberto continued. Gilda stopped because she thought Harvey had continued. Two-Face was the last one.

I see Two-Face as the bad side and Harvey as the good side of the same person. Therefore I think it doesn't work if Harvey started killing before he became Two-Face.

hippie_hunter said:
Gilda Dent
Halloween - Johnny Viti
Thanksgiving - Jimmy Murphy, Kevin Kelly, Willie O'Neil, Donald Sullivan, Mickey Sullivan
Christmas - Milos Grapa

Harvey Dent
New Year's - Alberto Falcone (failed)
Valentine's Day - attack on Maroni's Restaurant (numerous killed)
St. Patrick's Day - attack on Maroni's safehouse (numerous killed)
April Fools Day - the Riddler (failed)
Mother's Day - Gunsmith???
Halloween - Carmine Falcone (as Two-Face)

Alberto Falcone
Mother's Day - Gunsmith???
Father's Day - Luigi Maroni
Independence Day - Gotham City coroner
the Roman's Birthday - Carla Viti
Labor Day - Sal Maroni

I thought Harvey only did 2 killings and failed trying to kill Alberto on New Year's Day. I thought Alberto killed off Maroni's men. But I still am not sure who did April Fool's Day and did not kill The Riddler.

trustyside-kick said:
I thought Harvey only did 2 killings and failed trying to kill Alberto on New Year's Day. I thought Alberto killed off Maroni's men. But I still am not sure who did April Fool's Day and did not kill The Riddler.

It's clear that Harvey was behind the attacks on New Year's and Valentines Day. The rest are debateable.

However, now that I think about it, Alberto clearly was the one who killed the Gunsmith. Harvey and Gilda made their guns in their basement. Alberto is obviously not a person who would do such a thing and the Gunsmith would have revealed that Alberto was alive and well just like the coroner and Carla Viti would have. Also it was Alberto who went to do the "killing" of the Riddler on account that Harvey was busy with Gordon at the time of the shooting, talking about Bruce Wayne's connection with the Falcones.

God bless The Long Halloween.

It's been out how long and we can still talk and debate about it. THATS what makes a great book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"