Questions More Questions

Xofenroht

The Mad Moreno
Reaction score
Alright, with Final Crisis? Will Animal Man be involved? Can we get Etrigan back? Is anyone even doing anything with Etrigan (like putting him in Vertigo?)

Where's Green Arrow?

Animal Man is pretty heavily involved in his book right now. Etrigan was just in Shadowpact.

Yeah, Buddy's got a book, but I think Morrison has said he's not going back to Animal Man again, that 52 was the last story he'd tell with Buddy.

Etrigan: Since Blood of the Demon was featuring some of the best, most fun Etrigan storytelling since the character's inception, it was a no-brainer to cancel it for no good reason, similar to the reasoning behind replacing Aquaman with some punk kid.

Green Arrow has an ongoing series. It's kind of hard to miss the fact that he's in it, since it is called "Green Arrow-Black Canary." Starting next month, he'll also be hanging with the Outsiders.

Also, Green Arrow is possibly dead.

Is the "Animal Man" title any good?

As for Etrigan...I don't think I want to see anything with him until he goes under "Vertigo".

Also, Green Arrow is possibly dead.
Green Arrow is not remotely dead. Or were you talking about Lil' Arrowette, Connor Hawke?

As for Etrigan...I don't think I want to see anything with him until he goes under "Vertigo".
Ah yes, the "can't be cool till there's swearing and dead kids" attitude. It's one thing to put a patently Vertigo-style character like Swamp Thing or John Constantine under Vertigo, even the Doom Patrol and Jonah Hex made sense as Vertigo title, but putting a firmly DCU character like Animal Man was a terrible idea. Same goes for The Demon.

Connor Hawke is Green Arrow, he may in fact be dead, hence the statement, Green Arrow may be dead.

And what the hell, are you dissin' Vertigo Animal Man? If it wasn't for what Morrison did with the character on that book he'd be freakin Rainbow Rider by now.

Morrison didn't take that character into Vertigo. He left before Buddy went Vertigo.

Ah yes, the "can't be cool till there's swearing and dead kids" attitude. It's one thing to put a patently Vertigo-style character like Swamp Thing or John Constantine under Vertigo, even the Doom Patrol and Jonah Hex made sense as Vertigo title, but putting a firmly DCU character like Animal Man was a terrible idea. Same goes for The Demon.

Seriously man, don't pretend like you know me. My introduction to "Vertigo" came through "Stardust". My favorite comic is "Fables", which lacks a lot of what you're assuming caters to my "attitude".

I appreciate "Vertigo" because I feel like there's more you can do with the Fantasy-Horror genre under a mature readers publication. My favorite portrayal of Etrigan, so far, has been that which you see in Alan Moore's run on "Swamp Thing".

For the record: I thought "Blood of the Demon" was horrible. My love for the "Etrigan" character is what got me to take a closer look and actually study Jack Kirby, it even drove me to track down the source of his inspiration, which was in a "Prince Valiant" newspaper strip.

So please, oh high and mighty one, excuse me for having a vested interest in seeing my favorite DC character written the way he should be.

Green Arrow is not remotely dead. Or were you talking about Lil' Arrowette, Connor Hawke?

Animal Man has an amazing run in Vertigo. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Animal Man has an amazing run in Vertigo. You have no idea what you're talking about.
By far, the best of that run was pre-Vertigo, under Morrison. It stayed solid right up until Delano hijacked it. From there, and through when it went Vertigo, it just went into the most ridiculous abstractions and out-of-left-field bull**** that, frankly, never belonged in Animal Man. It was nicely written, but it wasn't appropriate for Animal Man.

Seriously man, don't pretend like you know me.
Did I?

Xofenroht said:
So please, oh high and mighty one, excuse me for having a vested interest in seeing my favorite DC character written the way he should be.
Jack Kirby wrote him the way he should be written, without having to resort to a mature-readers line. And the closest anyone has come to the feel and tone of that original run was Blood of the Demon.

Eh, no one remembers the post-Morrison Animal Man run anyway.

Did I?

Jack Kirby wrote him the way he should be written, without having to resort to a mature-readers line. And the closest anyone has come to the feel and tone of that original run was Blood of the Demon.

1) Yes, you made the wrong assumptions as to my reasons for wanting to see Etrigan in "Vertigo", which I'm not sure why they matter to you any way. Or don't you remember that statement you made concerning something about "swear words and dead children"?

2) I've never read Jack Kirby's run, getting any trades that might be left was a failed attempt at Christmas time. However, I did see how Alan Moore wrote him and I thoroughly enjoyed it as opposed to the way he was written in "Blood of the Demon". Then again "Blood of the Demon" didn't quite satisfy my appetite for Etrigan stories. So, if that's closer to the way Kirby wrote him, then I didn't like the way Kirby wrote him.

"Blood of the Demon" was poorly told with weak story, as far I'm concerned. I'm glad it ended along with me deciding to drop it.

1) Yes, but I didn't act as if I knew you.

2) Too bad, I guess.

Whatever man, I didn't post this thread so you could criticize my storytelling tastes. I posted it because I had some questions that needed answering. A few, very simple questions.

And fine, if I can't see the Etrigan stories I want to see...I'll just have to write it my self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"