Quick reference writers/directors

avidreader said:
You're allowed to not like it, but why didnt you like it?

Well, I think aside from the hate for Ian Somerhalder - which at that point wasn't really his fault, I hated his character. Not him. The real loathing of IS came later....

No, what I hated was the out of the blue intent to kill Lana that Adam had developed.

It felt poorly motivated to me... Yeah, he was desperate and he was going to die and was trying to forestall that, but why *kill* the woman he loved? What would that have accomplished?

It was a contrived plot point.

The idea of the episode was good. I liked the unique time travel aspect and the way Chloe, Clark and Lana worked together but the way they'd had the story play out wasn't really enjoyable to me in the end.

*shrug*

I hated it. It's one of the episodes from the third season that nearly had me give up watching, actually. That's how much I hated it.

I've only seen it maybe once or twice since it originally aired. I actually skip it when I'm watching the DVD set.

avidreader said:
LOL! But why? :confused:

1. it was on the last page and about to head to the netherregions of cyberspace
2. whoever made this post put a lot of time into it
3. useful for a quick reference point, and i think should be kept on hand
4. look at how many have already posted in it since i bumped it
5. i have all the QLs also.....well, thats not a reason for bumping, but its true nonetheless

Serene said:
From moi? Never. You know I'm a big ole pussycat. :D

Actually, I'll probably be the one needing the fire-******ant undies.

Back after "So you think you can Dance." I actually know some of the people on this. LOL!

So I log on this morning looking forward to reading your post in the Relationships Thread and there's nothing. Whassup? :( I was ready to get down and get dirty. :p

Triplet said:
No, what I hated was the out of the blue intent to kill Lana that Adam had developed.

It felt poorly motivated to me... Yeah, he was desperate and he was going to die and was trying to forestall that, but why *kill* the woman he loved? What would that have accomplished?

It was a contrived plot point.

I dont know that Adam ever loved Lana, I never saw it that way and in fact he had threatened her a couple of episodes prior to that as well.

I also didnt think his situation was contrived. He had clearly lost the plot driven by a need to obtain an elusive serum that was his only chance of remaining alive. People do desperate things in desperate situations.

Kaboom said:
1. it was on the last page and about to head to the netherregions of cyberspace
2. whoever made this post put a lot of time into it
3. useful for a quick reference point, and i think should be kept on hand
4. look at how many have already posted in it since i bumped it
5. i have all the QLs also.....well, thats not a reason for bumping, but its true nonetheless

All very valid points. Kudos to Kaboom.:up:

avidreader said:
I dont know that Adam ever loved Lana, I never saw it that way and in fact he had threatened her a couple of episodes prior to that as well.

I also didnt think his situation was contrived. He had clearly lost the plot driven by a need to obtain an elusive serum that was his only chance of remaining alive. People do desperate things in desperate situations.

Meh...

I still thought the storyline was contrived...

Yeah, he'd been scary before but I think he had a true fondness for her (even if he didn't love her) and I just didn't buy him all of a sudden wanting her dead.

Maybe IS didn't really sell the motivation... I dunno, but it didn't work for me.

*shrug*

avidreader said:
So I log on this morning looking forward to reading your post in the Relationships Thread and there's nothing. Whassup? :( I was ready to get down and get dirty. :p
Which is partly why I changed my mind about posting it. :)

I'm weary of feeling controversial in all my opinions. :(
Whether it's here, there, or anywhere..

I actually blame BOTH of the characters for their current situation. Blaming Clark for anything is a big no-no here, and blaming Lana for anything is a big no-no elsewhere.

But I still love both of them... I just don't see either as being perfect people who make perfect decisions.

I think Adam was attracted to Lana, but I always got the sense that he was using her too. Ultimately, I felt sorry for the guy. He was a true dead-man walking and all his actions were motivated by desperation.

Serene said:

I actually blame BOTH of the characters for their current situation. Blaming Clark for anything is a big no-no here, and blaming Lana for anything is a big no-no elsewhere.

But I still love both of them... I just don't see either as being perfect people who make perfect decisions.

I'd love to hear your opinions, Serene. (I also have the feeling that I'll agree with most of what you say.) :)

Serene said:

I dont think blaming Clark is a big no, no. I just sympathise with his plight more than I do with Lana's.

I do understand where Lana is coming from, I just think that with all she knows she could try and use some logic, however she seems to have fallen victim to all her insecurities that Lex has been so carefully exploiting.

I found a list over at ksite of all the stuff she knows about Clark. I'll try find it.

I think we're big enough to have a discussion that doesnt really involve us getting down and getting dirty. :)

I think Adam was attracted to Lana, but I always got the sense that he was using her too. Ultimately, I felt sorry for the guy. He was a true dead-man walking and all his actions were motivated by desperation.

Well in the end, we knew that he was sent to befriend Lana by Lionel, so I dont know how deep his attraction was to her. He was doing what he was told to do, otherwise he doesnt get his daily injections.

^And to all that I say - she only knows what the writers/TPTB decide she knows on a weekly basis. :) Fannish attention to every little detail is rarely reflected in actual aired episode storylines.

Except in season's 4 and 5 of HLTS, when they actually had someone assigned to trying to avoid what was commonly known as "YAHI" (Yet Another Highlander Inconsistency). The same acronym can be applied to just about any TV show, but moreso to fantasy/genre based shows where the lines of reality are blurred on a regular basis giving rise to unusual situations that can be hard to resolve with real life constraints.

Serene said:
^And to all that I say - she only knows what the writers/TPTB decide she knows on a weekly basis. :) Fannish attention to every little detail is rarely reflected in actual aired episode storylines.

Except in season's 4 and 5 of HLTS, when they actually had someone assigned to trying to avoid what was commonly known as "YAHI" (Yet Another Highlander Inconsistency). The same acronym can be applied to just about any TV show, but moreso to fantasy/genre based shows where the lines of reality are blurred on a regular basis giving rise to unusual situations that can be hard to resolve with real life constraints.

Gosh, I'm sorry, I thought it was an interesting list that maybe Lana would eventually think back and reflect on once her emotions werent driving her thought process.

The list is gone.

avidreader said:
Gosh, I'm sorry, I thought it was an interesting list that maybe Lana would eventually think back and reflect on once her emotions werent driving her thought process.

The list is gone.
Why are you sorry? :confused: I was just commenting on it in general. Did my tone come off as being snarky? I'm sorry if it did.. I really didn't mean it to be. I use smiley's to avoid that confusion.. but I guess they don't always work.
You certainly don't have to delete it!

Serene said:
Why are you sorry? :confused: I was just commenting on it in general. Did my tone come off as being snarky? I'm sorry if it did.. I really didn't mean it to be. I use smiley's to avoid that confusion.. but I guess they don't always work.
You certainly don't have to delete it!

I caught the smilie and I realised you werent being snarky. I thought you were saying that the list was highlighting inconsistencies that werent going to have any relevance to the story. I thought in the long run that they just might.

*shrug*

Dont mind me, I've got a killer migraine and I'm a bit drugged up. Shouldnt even be on the computer, but my love for my fellow Smallville Groupies cant keep me off it. :D

aw avid, ever the martyr....;)

avidreader said:
All very valid points. Kudos to Kaboom.:up:

oh how i do enjoy kudos, especially when they come with a vegemite sandwich.

Kaboom said:
oh how i do enjoy kudos, especially when they come with a vegemite sandwich.

And a Kookaburra in a Gum Tree :)

avidreader said:
And a Kookaburra in a Gum Tree :)
Omg..I learned that song in grade school..

"Laugh kookaburra, laugh kookaburra.. gay your life will be."

Is that right? LOL!

Serene said:
Omg..I learned that song in grade school..

"Laugh kookaburra, laugh kookaburra.. gay your life will be."

Is that right? LOL!

You got it!

I miss the kookaburras waking me up in the mornings. :(

avidreader said:
...The list is gone.
:mad: :(

I would have been interested to read that list.

Serves me right for not being here 24/7. LOL :p

AgentPat said:
:mad: :(

I would have been interested to read that list.

Serves me right for not being here 24/7. LOL :p

Well I guess I can repost it, but my worry was that it would incite a not so favourable discussion about how poor Smallville is with continuity. Alot of the time I think alot of these plot points are left to be picked up when the time is right. In Lana's case, it will be when she finds out.

Originally posted by xrayvision
I don't think she knows anything about the adoption agency, but she did overhear Jonathan and Lionel talking about Lionel's involvement in Clark's adoption in a flashback shown in Suspect.

The only way she won't find out is if this show ends before TPTB expect it to. This has been the huge revelation that they have been holding back, and there's no way they won't do it. I say it will happen in S6, probably midseason.

I don't think research on Brainiac (the ship) will be able to reveal anything on Clark, unless Milton Fine tells her. There really is no paper trail to follow Clark's origin. Lex or Lionel would have found out that way if that was the case. Their interest has been much greater along with their resources and time spent. It would make Superman's future #1 nemesis look like a dullard if she finds out like that and he doesn't. She has enough from her memory to be able to figure it out:

-She knew the people at the Atlantis nightclub referred to him as Kal & that the Kryptonians were looking for Kal-El

-She knows that "their world is their poison" and that Clark always got sick around her necklace and other sources of green kryptonite

-She knows that he had a reaction to what she thought to be a silver meteor rock, that like the green rock, was alien in origin

-She knows he was adopted shortly after the meteor shower

-She knows he came back to life

-She knows (if she spent any time in the cave) the symbol burned into his barn matches some that are in the cave

-She saw his geneology project in Rosetta and how his family crest on that paper was the same as the symbol on the stone she stole from Jason

-She admitted that she believed the stone mentioned above was meant for Clark

-She knows that Clark took care of the Kryptonians whereas nobody else could have

-She knows that the freaks from Mortal referred to him as a legend in Belle Reve & heard people talk about his powers (Van McNulty said he caught a bullet, Tina-as-Whitney said he's not what he appears to be, Perry White spoke about his powers)

-She knows that he was somehow involved in how she survived the tornado

-She knows that certain freaks' powers (like Desiree Atkins from Heat) had no effect on him

-She knows he had extraordinary powers in Splinter (she should not have just shrugged this off after everything she's seen)

-She saw him come back to life without the re-animator serum that was needed to bring people back from death in Void

-She has seen him there one second and then completely disappear the next (in Rush, Exile, Covenant, Cyborg, and probably more) and likewise she saw the Kryptonians' speed in Arrival

So either she pieces all these things together, or she will witness Clark in action or perhaps witness his weakness to kryptonite. I think the thing confusing her from putting it all together in her head are those times when Clark had no powers (Perry, Leech, Mortal, Hidden, etc).

i dont think lana is smart enough to put 2 and 200 together....i think shell have to witness it first hand and be like oh......

Kaboom said:
i dont think lana is smart enough to put 2 and 200 together....i think shell have to witness it first hand and be like oh......

Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"