Rank 'Em - Season 6 (So far)

You've got Noir down the bottom. I didn't think it was of the same caliber as Labyrinth or some of the others in your top half, but it wouldn't be second last on my list. I thought it was alot of fun and despite his lack of screen time, could Tom have been any hotter. :wow:
I have to agree here. I enjoy episodes of SV that step out of the box. The show takes a lot of heat for being formulaic, so it's nice to see them take a different approach. Noir was shot using a cinematic style that was contemporary with early Superman comics and George Reeves' film and television portrayals. THAT was the gift they gave to fans, not just the flashback retro feel. I enjoyed seeing an homage to something other than the Donner films; I haven't seen the AOS Daily Planet plaque in YEARS.

The episode also gave us the first look of Clark's DP facade, something I didn't think we'd see till the very end of the show, and it also advanced Jimmy's character by giving him more depth and intelligence. A home run it was not, but one step above Static? Nah. It wasn't *that* bad, IMHO. Static shares cells with Facade, Devoted, Lucy, Forever (gosh there were some klunkers in S4, huh?), Void, Drone, Craving (proving even an Academy Award nominee can't save a bad script), and Spirit - the undisputed worst SV episode of all time LOL!!!

4pucms6.gif
WTF?!! That's NINE posts in a row. STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS!!!!!

I have to agree here. I enjoy episodes of SV that step out of the box. The show takes a lot of heat for being formulaic, so it's nice to see them take a different approach. Noir was shot using a cinematic style that was contemporary with early Superman comics and George Reeves' film and television portrayals. THAT was the gift they gave to fans, not just the flashback retro feel. I enjoyed seeing an homage to something other than the Donner films; I haven't seen the AOS Daily Planet plaque in YEARS.

The episode also gave us the first look of Clark's DP facade, something I didn't think we'd see till the very end of the show, and it also advanced Jimmy's character by giving him more depth and intelligence. A home run it was not, but one step above Static? Nah. It wasn't *that* bad, IMHO. Static shares cells with Facade, Devoted, Lucy, Forever (gosh there were some klunkers in S4, huh?), Void, Drone, Craving (proving even an Academy Award nominee can't save a bad script), and Spirit - the undisputed worst SV episode of all time LOL!!!

I agree, and I ranked it even higher than you did. My reviews of Noir and Prototype were written and submitted a long time ago, but unfortunately J has been very busy with RL issues and hasn't updated the Kingdom page in quite a while. I might just post them here in the appropriate episode threads even though it's pretty far after the fact. But I did like quite a bit of what they did in Noir, and like Pat noted, it's kind of a nice change of pace to see the show go outside the box once in a while. I thought Noir really succeeded on that level.

I agree, and I ranked it even higher than you did. My reviews of Noir and Prototype were written and submitted a long time ago, but unfortunately J has been very busy with RL issues and hasn't updated the Kingdom page in quite a while. I might just post them here in the appropriate episode threads even though it's pretty far after the fact. But I did like quite a bit of what they did in Noir, and like Pat noted, it's kind of a nice change of pace to see the show go outside the box once in a while. I thought Noir really succeeded on that level.

Well, I think the story was one step above Static. It made little sense and was mostly an excuse to setup the conspiracies in the next episode that led to Wes killing the senator.

If it hadn't looked as good as it did, and had the nice sub-plot of Clark have a secret identity outside of his bumbling reporter persona, I am serious: it would have fought Static for the bottom of the list.

I was that disappointed in the story. It was a wasted opportunity.

*shrug*

I didn't like it much at all except for the fangirl squee parts and beautiful design work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"