Ranking the best and worst Super Bowl TV announcers

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
Not to give too much away, but any Super Bowl broadcast that features Phil Simms, is unlikely to be at the very top of the list.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/ran...-pat-summerall-who-announced-every-super-bowl

Next Sunday, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will call the 50th Super Bowl, their fourth together, for CBS. Throughout the 50 Super Bowls, Nantz and Simms are one of 21 different announcing teams to call the game, including two pairs that shared the duties at Super Bowl I. In honor of the 50th Super Bowl, FTW ranked all 21 announcing teams who’ve ever had the honor of calling the big game. (Note: Networks alternate coverage every year, with one exception we’ll get to later. Play-by-play men are listed first, with the color analysts second.)

Put Joe Buck near the bottom of the list. He's a great play-by-play announcer but damn, this dude usually calls a touchdown the same way he calls a 3-and-out. And I'll never forgive him showing zero enthusiasm for the "helmet catch."

There's a reason why they use the Giants radio commentary for the Super Bowl XLII video.

They should show that play and then the play with Manningham 4 years later with Michaels and Collinsworth to announcers on how to and how not to call a play.

Yep. Say what you wamt about Michaels and Collinsworth, but they start geeking out when stuff happens every Sunday night.

I rank them:
NBC
CBS
ESPN
FOX

I'm not trying to be a jerk saying this but I think Simms may have CTE. That dude took some serious shots in the 80's and now seems like he's lost during broadcasts as he's gotten older. When he first started in TV, he was actually pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"