Rate and Discuss the Transformation!

FlameHead

Avenger
Reaction score
Although it only happens within a few seconds, it was always slowed down for us on the pages. We seen his flesh melt from the burning hellfire trying to escape.

Will we see this on film? Will that be too much gore for the film?

I personally think a slowed down version of the transformation is needed and I for one would miss it.

i think we will see it....maybe a slow change for Blaze's first time turning into GR. the other times would be fast/offscreen. you really only need to show the slow/painfull one no more than once...the audience will get the idea after that.
i agree that its important for the audience understand that changing into GR is not a pleasant thing. not only do you give complete contol of your body to a demon but basically "burn and melt" every time you do it....ouch. would just relay to to audience how much Blaze is willing to suffer in order to save Roxanne.

Precisly. I knew you'd understand where I was coming from. You're right that it's only needed once as well. The rest can just be flashed of fire enfulfing his body and within seconds, he is turned. But just once, there needs to be melting flesh and pain.

i had mentioned this before in the big assed GR thread (heh) but it would be awesome to have a scene where Blaze is chasing some bad guys on a highway at night riding his bike. you see him start to smoke and soon he emulates into a huge fireball...which out of it rides GR on his Hellcycle...laughing.

oh yeah... now that would be sweet. They have so much visual greatness to use and each transformation (which I assume there won't be a whole lot of them) can be different.

BIGGUN said:
i had mentioned this before in the big assed GR thread (heh) but it would be awesome to have a scene where Blaze is chasing some bad guys on a highway at night riding his bike. you see him start to smoke and soon he emulates into a huge fireball...which out of it rides GR on his Hellcycle...laughing.
I agree the transformation needs to be seen(just once) so the audience really understands the sacrifice of Blaze.
I really wan't the above seen by BIGGUN to be in the movie and if its not in he will be to blame for mine and anyone else who's read its disapointment .:) :ghost:

hunter rider said:
I really want the above seen by BIGGUN to be in the movie and if its not in he will be to blame for mine and anyone else who's read its disapointment .:) :ghost:

heh...jeeze i dont know if that should be taken as a compliment or a threat! :)
you hear that MSJ? my butt is on the line now dude....you gotta put some of my stuff in your movie! help!! heh

While the first transformation will most likely be amazing, I think a lot of the audience (and myself) will be wondering this: how does he change back?

Here is a couple of pics i found and didn't want to open a seperate thread for them.I know most of you will probably have seen them before especially BIGGUN and Flamehead as i think they are actually Blaze and Ketch(they can argue over which is which)as they seem to know everything GR:)
Anyway for anybody who hasn't seen them here you go:ghost: :)

GHOST%20RIDER.jpg

Julie%20Bell%20-%20Ghost%20Rider%20vs.%20Blackout.jpg

Not to mention that repeatedly showing the transformation would probably hike up the MPAA rating...

DarkKnightJRK said:
While the first transformation will most likely be amazing, I think a lot of the audience (and myself) will be wondering this: how does he change back?

The same way, but instead of flesh melting, it reappears and slides into place until he's whole again. It's like reverse melting... like the fire turns into flesh and as it cools it sets. There is no explination how and there needn't be. It's mystical, it's the devil... suspend your disbelief.

hunter rider said:
Here is a couple of pics i found and didn't want to open a seperate thread for them.I know most of you will probably have seen them before especially BIGGUN and Flamehead as i think they are actually Blaze and Ketch(they can argue over which is which)as they seem to know everything GR:)
Anyway for anybody who hasn't seen them here you go:ghost: :)

GHOST%20RIDER.jpg

Julie%20Bell%20-%20Ghost%20Rider%20vs.%20Blackout.jpg

Actually, the guy with the white hair is Blackout which means that the Ghost rider pictured is of Dan Ketch fame, whose name is Noble Kale.

I love that picture, btw.

Glad you liked the pic-Please explain Noble Kale-I'm A GR rookie but eager to learn. :) :ghost:

You think Ghost Rider will have a Directors Cut too? I'm guessing and by reading the descriptions of his transformations, they should just save the PG-13 and make it rated R instead.
But either way I believe they're trying to make it available to kids. There's nothing light hearted or pure about a demon possessed human with a flaming skull.

Do you think they could still be graphic and violent with his transformation? Yet not really showing the blood and guts? Like showing skin and blood dripping to the floor, then eventually you see the Ghost Rider in all his evil glory? If the PG-13 rating sticks, then I think it's safe to say there will be a Directors Cut. :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

FlameHead said:
The same way, but instead of flesh melting, it reappears and slides into place until he's whole again. It's like reverse melting... like the fire turns into flesh and as it cools it sets. There is no explination how and there needn't be. It's mystical, it's the devil... suspend your disbelief.

It was less suspending my disbelief but more asking how his skin reappears after changing back. I wasn't sure if maybe the fire goes out and his skin just reappears or something like that.

Thanks for answering though. :)

LastSunrise1981 said:
You think Ghost Rider will have a Directors Cut too?

i bet there will be...if you look at current trends at dvds its almost for certain. the Dawn of the Dead remake dvd came out in 2 versions...Daredevil (naturally)...and just recently they announced that The Grudge would come out in a unrated version as well. Shoot even George Romero's Land of the Dead (currently shooting in Canada) will be released as a rated R film...but they plan on releasing a uncut version on dvd as well. they are even doing actual full on zombie flesh eating scenes just for the uncut version.
its a way to make more $$ and keep the fans happy....gotta love dvds :)

I'd like if Blaze doesn't know the transformation is coming at first, and because it's the first time he changes, it takes a slightly prolonged amount of time and buildup for it to finally happen. Throughout the day his skin is getting more and more scratchy, starting to almost peel off, etc. until night falls and it suddenly starts to melt off his face, him not having any idea what's happening to him.

For parts that might push it past the PG-13 thing, you can have glimpes of the melting flesh, flames slowly covering it then cut to a sillohette or something with Blaze's screaming being impossible not to hear. The most important thing is to immediately get the feeling across that turning into a demonic entity like Ghost Rider is friggin' painful as hell. ;)

hunter rider said:
Glad you liked the pic-Please explain Noble Kale-I'm A GR rookie but eager to learn. :) :ghost:

Noble Kale is to Dan Ketch what Zarathos is to Johnny Blaze. It's the entity that is actually Ghost Rider. Instead of me trying to explain his history here, I suggest just visiting the Vengeance Unbound website which has a really great history lesson of our flaming friend.

If that doesn't help, nothing will... but feel free to ask more questions

I don't know if they could get away with melting skin for PG-13, so I'd imagine that they would probably do something along the lines of that concept drawing of the transformation that Bernie Wrightson did when Stephen Norrington/David Goyer were attached. And I agree with BIGGUN that it should not be protrayed as a pleasant feeling.

melting skin can easily make it into a PG 13 film...Raiders of the Lost Ark had an excellent face melt scene and it was PG. Poltergeist even had a dude rip his own face off in bloody chunks and it was just PG.
even check out Hellboy...there are a few melt scenes in that one too....Rasputin at the beginning got it bad.

Yeah, I think you can get away with quite a lot more than you think with a PG-13 rating. R-ratings are hard to come by these days.

Pleasent feeling badash55? No... not at all, especially when he starts to fight the transformation... now that would be painfull.

FlameHead said:
Noble Kale is to Dan Ketch what Zarathos is to Johnny Blaze. It's the entity that is actually Ghost Rider. Instead of me trying to explain his history here, I suggest just visiting the Vengeance Unbound website which has a really great history lesson of our flaming friend.

If that doesn't help, nothing will... but feel free to ask more questions
Thanks for the link
Here is another 1 for you What was the last GR graphicnovel printed? you might have noticed i got an avatar wadda you reckon ?:) :ghost:

for that information, I suggest you do a search for Ghost Rider at the following wonderful website. http://www.comicspriceguide.com/

You finally got your avatar eh? Looks great and it's always nice to see another Ghosts Rider pic on these boards.

Question on the Transformation; when do you think it will happen? Will it be like the early stories and happen when night hits or do you think it'll happen whenever Ghosty feels like Vengence should be served? Do you think he'll have to touch the cap of his bike before he changes like the early 2nd Ghost Rider? Hmm... so many ways they could go with this.

im pretty sure its only going to be a night time transformation...and maybe (like in the 70s book) Blaze might be able to force the transformation on his own. would be rather cool as the films progresses that GR is starting to really resent Blaze and will either not come out when Blaze needs him most...or try to come out on his own freewill. will end up like a tug war over who has control over the body of Blaze.
i can also see the gas cap on the bike as well as changing when there is an evil nearby. ill be happy no matter which way they do it...

The Tug of War is necessary, I agree. It has been shown that both Ghost Rider and Blaze want control. Blaze can also fight the transformation into Ghost Rider as well. He just doesn't want to give us his body to the demon.

Hmm... how many times will he actually change I wonder? I mean, it can't happen that much. It may even happen just once. They could wait until half way into the movie to change into Ghost Rider and from there, all hell breaks loose. I doubt it though. Nic wouldn't have the screen time he needs then to fill out the Blaze storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"