Fantastic Four 2 DVD: Rate and Review Thread

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
We can rate and review the DVD in this thread once it has come out this Tuesday. Please do not start a thread just for your review, or commentary on the DVD. It will be merged.

So what did ya think?

Were the extras worth it?

What did you think of the commentary with Tim and Crew?

Any scenes that should have been left in?

BTW, if someone would like to start a SCREEN Caps THREAD, that would be great and that way we won't clutter this thread up with pics....we can discuss here, and post pics in another thread.

This thread will open at 10:00 p.m. Monday Night.:yay:

So what did ya think? The movie was the same 1 I saw in the theater, so it was awsome. :woot:

Were the extras worth it? Yea they were worth it. I always like seeing how things are done, and what's behind the scenes. The deleated scenes were ok. I smell an extended edition in the future.

What did you think of the commentary with Tim and Crew? The 1st one left much to be desired, so I haven't listened to it yet. Don't know if I will.

Any scenes that should have been left in? All of them. I think it should be presented as shot, but knowing how Fox loves to double dip, and give a highlight reel, that will never change.

Edit: If you have commentary on the movie, put it in the review thread for the movie.

When you actually rent or buy the DVD, and watch it, then come back give an actual review of the DVD. This is trolling, move on.

The poll options kind of suck. I bought the bare bones 1 disc because I just want to watch the movie again. I'll wait for a special edition in a year or so. I love the film and could care less about the extra's.

The poll options kind of suck. I bought the bare bones 1 disc because I just want to watch the movie again. I'll wait for a special edition in a year or so. I love the film and could care less about the extra's.

Sorry I didn't make an option that centers around your exact desires.....

Edit: If you have commentary on the movie, put it in the review thread for the movie.

When you actually rent or buy the DVD, and watch it, then come back give an actual review of the DVD. This is trolling, move on.

What is your problem? I did watch the damn movie last night. Want me to take a screen cap of my Netflix rental activity? Having a bad opinion of a movie is NOT trolling! This is ridiculous. The subject of this thread is "DVD: Rate and Review", and thats exactly what I did. I find it unfair that you would delete my post just because it was negative. If you're going to have these little rules, I'd suggest you actually include that in your post so as not to confuse people. Thanks a lot.

Oh, and the least you could have done was move my review to any other review thread that existed, but since I thought this was a review thread for the DVD (which the subject clearly states), I put it here.

I only bought the one disc so I can't judge extras, but I was very pleased with the video transfer of the movie. The picture looked great on my TV, so for that I say it was worth what I spent.

I bought the bare bones 1 disc because I just want to watch the movie again. I'll wait for a special edition in a year or so. I love the film and could care less about the extra's.

For me, the extra $6 was more then worth it. I can't see why anyone wouldn't buy the power cosmic addition. The bonus features are very well done. The pre-production and production footage is fascinating. For any Marvel Movie nut like me, sitting in on some of the meetings and being on set is worth the whole price. Story first seeing the Fantasicar and Chiklis making cracks about looking like a "giant salmon" while working with the grizzly bear are priceless moments.

I haven't even re-watched the movie with the commentaries yet.

For me, the extra $6 was more then worth it. I can't see why anyone wouldn't buy the power cosmic addition.

I didn't buy it because Transformers and Spider-Man 3 also come out this month. and their two-disc editions are more important. I was content wwith just the movie for fantastic four.

For anyone who spent any time here following the development, I'd say the special features are definitely worth it.

It's cool to see the details of the things that we were following so closely a year ago - the Surfer flying rig, the scene with Johnny, Ben and the cake, the construction of the roof-top set, etc.

I don't know if it would be worth if for a casual fan, but if you were interested enough to be hanging around here last year, I think you'll enjoy the extras.

What is your problem? I did watch the damn movie last night. Want me to take a screen cap of my Netflix rental activity? Having a bad opinion of a movie is NOT trolling! This is ridiculous. The subject of this thread is "DVD: Rate and Review", and thats exactly what I did. I find it unfair that you would delete my post just because it was negative. If you're going to have these little rules, I'd suggest you actually include that in your post so as not to confuse people. Thanks a lot.

Oh, and the least you could have done was move my review to any other review thread that existed, but since I thought this was a review thread for the DVD (which the subject clearly states), I put it here.

That's fine.....talk about the DVD, what you disliked about it. Put your movie review in the movie thread......

I was simply following the tracks you left yesterday from the misc. movie thread to here......

You want to discuss it more, do it in PM's........

If not, move on.......

My wife bought me the single disc bare bones edition before I got to the store. I love to watch all the making of stuff....will have to look for a used copy for that I guess.

I watched it with the commentary by Story....he had some interesting things to say. I'll try to see it with the other commentary soon.

I don't know if I'm going to listen to the commentary on this one. I enjoyed the actors commentary except for Michaels whining on occassion, but the commentary on the Extended Cut of the first movie, pissed me off to no end. I don't want to be that pissed off again....

Now that you mention it....I don't think I got around to listening to the commentary on the Extended Cut....gotta put that on my to do list.

Now that you mention it....I don't think I got around to listening to the commentary on the Extended Cut....gotta put that on my to do list.

Be ready to be pissed.....I was ready to hang all involved..., the little I've heard about this commentary, I'll probably just get ticked off again.

First off, okay I admit it! You guys were right. You can see something that resembles Galactus' face when the Surfer goes into the cloud. But anyway...

I extras were pretty good. I don't like those two documentaries much. Kinda boring. The featurettes are really good though. I loved seeing how they did the Surfer, because for a lot of the movie, I really wasn't sure what was real and what was CGI. Haven't listened to the commentary yet.

Is there a later version expected? Or is the 2 disc set that's out now the best we're gonna see?

Fox will make another one with more features for sure. Maybe it won't be until right before FF3 or the SS film comes out but it's coming.

I don't know if I'm going to listen to the commentary on this one. I enjoyed the actors commentary except for Michaels whining on occassion, but the commentary on the Extended Cut of the first movie, pissed me off to no end. I don't want to be that pissed off again....

I haven't listened to the commentary yet, but based on what some have posted here, I have a feeling it's going to have a similar effect.

One thing that's frustrating to me is I hear Tim Story saying all the right things, but they don't seem to end up on screen. That scene of Doom fixing his skin "mask" should have been there. It would have made a huge improvement on the character, because we'd see that he was still scarred and only covering it up which would add depth to his character and better explain his actions.

So on one hand, I'm giving Tim something of a pass and saying to myself: "He wants to do it right, but the studio is holding him back", but on the other hand . . . WHY ISN'T HE TAKING A STRONGER STAND FOR WHAT HE KNOWS IS RIGHT?!?!

It doesn't do us any good to have a director who knows what to do but can't stand up to the studio. It seems that FOX likes him because they can manipulate him.

If they make a sequel with the same formula, I don't think I'll be able to get into it. At this point, I'm ready to go a new direction. If Tim Story stays on, I'd only be excited about that if I knew he had free reign and the TIME he needs to do it right.

I doubt the best director in the world could make a good film with:

1. Less than 1 year to do it
2. A studio who insists on meddling with what is shown to the audience
3. A studio who insists on holding the movie to 1.5 hours even if the story needs more time to play out.

Am I getting off topic?:o

So on one hand, I'm giving Tim something of a pass and saying to myself: "He wants to do it right, but the studio is holding him back", but on the other hand . . . WHY ISN'T HE TAKING A STRONGER STAND FOR WHAT HE KNOWS IS RIGHT?!?!

It doesn't do us any good to have a director who knows what to do but can't stand up to the studio. It seems that FOX likes him because they can manipulate him.

That's pretty much why they hired him. He aint Speilberg, Oliver Stone, hell...he ain't even Brett Ratner. He doesn't have enough "Box office clout" to make a stand for himself. I think if he tried to stand up, FOX would go, "Where the f*** do you come off?"

They hired a whipping boy.

I haven't listened to the commentary yet, but based on what some have posted here, I have a feeling it's going to have a similar effect.

One thing that's frustrating to me is I hear Tim Story saying all the right things, but they don't seem to end up on screen. That scene of Doom fixing his skin "mask" should have been there. It would have made a huge improvement on the character, because we'd see that he was still scarred and only covering it up which would add depth to his character and better explain his actions.

If they make a sequel with the same formula, I don't think I'll be able to get into it. At this point, I'm ready to go a new direction. If Tim Story stays on, I'd only be excited about that if I knew he had free reign and the TIME he needs to do it right.

I doubt the best director in the world could make a good film with:

1. Less than 1 year to do it
2. A studio who insists on meddling with what is shown to the audience
3. A studio who insists on holding the movie to 1.5 hours even if the story needs more time to play out.

Am I getting off topic?:o

Oh, I've never done that......lmao.....:woot:

Willie, I have to agree with you.... you are off topic :woot:

Just kidding. As for the bonus disk, I agree about it being a shame they dropped some of the concepts with Doom. If you look at some of the concept art, there was going to be a much bigger Castle Doom, Julian had different but extensive scarring shown on his face and the cape was a more pronounced green.

I got my copy at Best Buy and got the Silver Surfer figure for 4.99 plus it as a short bonus disc about the lost Jack Kirby issue of the Fantastic Four and as a cute segment from Marvel with FF editor Tom Brevoort dressed as Galactus and Doombots working as interns.

I enjoyed seeing the movie again, but the extras weren't all that great. I really wish I had just bought the one disc in the end.

The deleted scenes were nothing that great, and didn't really see a problem with them not being in the movie.

The Pre-Production and Production extra was ok, but not real entertaining. The rest was pretty boring, and most I had already seen before.

BUT, I liked seeing the movie again, of course here in Houston its still at the theatres, so I guess I could have gone again to see it on the big screen.

This is out Monday here, I'm not sure whether i will pick it up or hang back
for the single disc as there is a couple of other movies i want to buy and the extras don't seem that great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"