Daredevil Rate Season 2 of Daredevil (Netflix) (NO SPOILERS)

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
What score would you give season 2?

Was it better than season 1?

No spoilers, please.

I'm on Episode 6, but so far it's easily 9.5/10. I'd give season 1 7/10. Once I've watched the whole season Ill vote in the poll, and give my final rating.

9/10 easily
Just like season one.

10/10. I'm enjoying more than Season 1 (And that's saying a lot)

I binged the whole thing the second it dropped. I loved it. It might be my favorite live action Marvel adaptation, including the films. The first four episodes in particular were really well done. Edit those four episodes down to a long movie [BLACKOUT](Daredevil Vs. The Punisher)[/BLACKOUT] and it would hold up with any of the actual theatrical films.

7/10. Great first third (that Punisher stuff was amazing), really solid middle third, not so great final third (imo).

Is it better than S1? The first third, definitely. Overall, no not really.

season 1 : 8.5/10
season 2: 8/10

season 2 has more high points, however on the whole, s1 is slightly better

I enjoyed it more than the first season... Though Punisher got a little tiring at points during the final 4 episodes.

9/10. dd season 1&2 are the best comic to video adaptation ever imho.

alot of good scenes. all the new folks were awesome but nothing brought me more joy thank the fisk/bernthal and fisk/matt scenes. when frank was walking through the prison i was hoping it would beto see fisk and wheni saw donofrio on the tv, a huge smile came across my face.

easily 10/10. didnt think they could impress me this much after that stellar turn of S1, but they did. bravo! :applaud:

8.8/10 kept up a very high standard from series 1 thankfully and some outstanding moments in some of the early episodes especially. I was worried the lack of Kingpin might hurt this series but both Elektra and Castle especially filled that whole without issue. So much good stuff in it on the whole.

I would say maybe its a smidge under season 1 but not by much, there really isnt much between them, I just think maybe season 1 had a stronger finish than 2 and thats about the only difference.

Last edited:
9/10 from me, and I give S1 an 8. Season started off strong but the wheels started coming loose in the 2nd half, with the finale feeling very rushed as they tried to squeeze in major plot reveals and future tie-ins last minute. Bernthal and Yung were both great and made up for the weak S1 supporting cast, but I will say Woll stepped up her performance in this season, though she still had too much subplots yet again. Action in S2 is easily better than S1, helps with rewatchability.

7/10. Punisher and Elektra were great, and the action was great of course, but the story was weak and all over the place. Kingpin was sorely missed imo.

7. I thought it was cool seeing Punisher/Elektra interact with Daredevil. However those two weren't perfectly cast especially Elektra, I wish they hired another actress. A lot of episodes were quite long and I didn't like the pacing, too many talking scenes that felt too long. I wish they will fix the lighting of the night scenes especially the scenes set in Murdock's apartment, because it looks so budget TV. Not a fan of the costumes of those three and I didn't like how random Elektra got her signature weapon. Some of the cool fight scenes were entertaining to watch, however I prefer the action last season especially with the ninja guy. Then the story felt divided, there's a storyline for Punisher then with Elektra and the Yakuza thing and I just prefer how season 1 mostly focused Daredevil's conflict with Fisk.

Last edited:
Solid 8! Season one was revolutionary and a 10 but this was just as good but at the same time brought nothing new or spectacular to the table

9 out of 10

Better supporting cast, especially big improvements from Karen and Foggy, better action, and a faster paced story that doesn't slow down. Season 1 kind of fizzled out for me a little in the last 3 or 4 episodes, and it's finale was underwhelming, but not so this time. I loved the chemistry between all of the characters, the more violent tone while still having more of the comic book elements come into play. Daredevil is the Batman tv show I always wanted, that I didn't get with Gotham.

I'd say the main flaw of this season is that two of the big plot reveals were done a little too late, and weren't explained as well as I'd have liked them to, and that the Punisher and Elektra story arcs don't actually intersect very much like I expected. Other than that, this show is masterful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"